ChaCha Question - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 262 Old 12-03-2008, 04:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's still that bad? I haven't checked in in a few weeks. It was driving me absolutely crazy getting halfway through answering a question and having it always crash on me. :
#242 of 262 Old 12-03-2008, 04:17 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
yep.. its that bad.. actually, one day last week I was b2b for a little bit, but it did not last! Today I got "comment nut" with no hints in the history. I considered sending like.. a joke about nuts or SOMETHING, but then I just clicked clarify. Who cares if it lowers my completion score? There's no chance at top guide anyway.

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#243 of 262 Old 12-03-2008, 04:49 AM

See I was wondering if the problems were bothering other people and they were doing it less since the thread died.
I get like no questions.
I really hoped this would help us out with money.

Mama to Belly(5), homesteading in the desert with our chickens and sheep. Fish nerd, really into my reef tank. Baby due Sep 3rd!

#244 of 262 Old 12-03-2008, 02:11 PM

In addition to the Palm Centro partnership, they announced an AT&T partnership. ChaCha is making it out to be a huge big deal, but I don't understand completely. Oh well. If it gets me some questions I don't care. When I was getting regular Qs I figured I'd make more than if I got an out of the home job because of the cost gas, clothes etc..., but now I mayy just have to give up & start job searching. Like I could really find something with my limited available hours & virtually no skills right now...

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#245 of 262 Old 12-03-2008, 02:26 PM

Yes, the sudden drop completely in traffic has been very disappointing. I know there were no promises but to go from constant back to back traffic to nothing sucks. I keep hoping it picks up, but I can be logged on for hours with no questions.
#246 of 262 Old 12-06-2008, 10:24 PM

It's gotten a lot better for me. I stopped doing it for a few weeks because I was super busy, plus was gone for almost a week, and super frustrated with them anyway. I finally logged in again a few days ago, and am pretty consistently getting "Where is such-n-such" questions. Easy peasy ones, which I am quite enjoying. It seems like the system is working the way it's supposed to for me, but still not quite b2b. In fact I've been getting more time in forkin' around online while in between questions, but I still get interrupted quite a bit (which is a good thing! Generally they're pretty close together).

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go knock on some wood...

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
#247 of 262 Old 12-09-2008, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieCatheryn View Post
ChaCha is a text messaging service where people text in their questions by phone (to 242242) or by the website, and ChaCha Guides look up the answer. It's free to use.

To join as a Guide you apply on the website, take 3 quick online tests, fill out your tax info as an ind. contractor, and answer a bunch of practice queries. They check that you did it right and then you can start answering questions. They used to pay a flat $.20 per answer, now they have special rules like you must have answered x questions per week or else you get paid half, you must have already worked for them x number of days first, and so on. I quit doing it when they began requiring 300 answers per week to get full pay.

You can get paid monthly as long as you made $100 by the 15th of the month, or set up an online bank account to get your money transferred whenever you want (though that option carries steep fees).
Do I have to have a cell phone to text "from?" or does it depend on me typing my answers in to the computer? I still don't understand exactly WHAT chacha is. Thanks.

Single (divorced), self-employed working, college student MOM to:

17 yr old

11 yr old 

4 yr old

#248 of 262 Old 12-09-2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy68 View Post
Do I have to have a cell phone to text "from?" or does it depend on me typing my answers in to the computer? I still don't understand exactly WHAT chacha is. Thanks.
You don't need a cell phone. You use your computer.

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#249 of 262 Old 12-09-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaPam View Post
Yes, the sudden drop completely in traffic has been very disappointing. I know there were no promises but to go from constant back to back traffic to nothing sucks. I keep hoping it picks up, but I can be logged on for hours with no questions.
I think it's getting a little bit better, but I don't know for how long.
I'm an exp. and many of the queries are now coming with preformed answers for me to choose from, so those don't get sent on to guides.
I would say it's only about 25% of them, but still..

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#250 of 262 Old 12-09-2008, 06:23 PM

I am bummed because I got the invite to take the Ex test but they started the hiring freeze before I got to take it.
#251 of 262 Old 12-11-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollineeba View Post
You don't need a cell phone. You use your computer.
oh okay.

I found a site to go and apply at and it cut me off midway through the application process. I didn't get to complete it. I had that problem when I tried a few months ago. A friend on another message board works for cha-cha and had told me to apply back then. She has been working for them for quite some time now, at least six months I'd say. I never could get anywhere with them.

Single (divorced), self-employed working, college student MOM to:

17 yr old

11 yr old 

4 yr old

#252 of 262 Old 12-16-2008, 10:42 PM

Hi - I just found out about cha-cha and if I could become a guide it would be a real lifesaver to my husband and I. DH is in school and works as much as he can... I stay home with our 9mo DD. I've been looking everywhere for a WAH job, but nothing seems to be legit. I've been scammed a few times. Anyway, I tried to apply at cha-cha and it said they aren't accepting new guides right now... does anyone know if that happens alot and I just need to keep checking back in? Or can you only get in with a referral from a guide or something? I was reading something like that. I don't know anyone who could refer me. When you all applied how did you get in? Thanks.
#253 of 262 Old 12-17-2008, 12:35 AM

They're not hiring anyone right now, just keep checking back at http://becomeaguide.chacha.com to see if/when they lift the hiring freeze.
#254 of 262 Old 01-21-2009, 04:27 PM

anyone working for kgb?

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#255 of 262 Old 01-21-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri276 View Post
anyone working for kgb?
No, but I'm starting to hear a lot of buzz about it.
#256 of 262 Old 01-21-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleaugustbaby View Post
No, but I'm starting to hear a lot of buzz about it.
Huh. I hadn't heard of it, so I googled it. Looks similar. Now I'm interested in hearing more about it too... anyone?

but uh... the compensation? Seems to be lacking.

#257 of 262 Old 01-21-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorker View Post
Huh. I hadn't heard of it, so I googled it. Looks similar. Now I'm interested in hearing more about it too... anyone?

but uh... the compensation? Seems to be lacking.
ChaCha's isn't so hot anymore. They've given the short, easy answers to expiditers, and now all of the guide questions are all 3-4 minute questions. The guides who were making $8 to $10 an hour before are making $3 to $5 now. And now that they've added in the new arbitrary QC standards, a there's a lot of buzz on ChaCha about how guides now plan to just answer questions as quickly as possible so that they can answer more, even if it means just getting 10 cents a question.
#258 of 262 Old 01-21-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleaugustbaby View Post
ChaCha's isn't so hot anymore. They've given the short, easy answers to expiditers, and now all of the guide questions are all 3-4 minute questions. The guides who were making $8 to $10 an hour before are making $3 to $5 now. And now that they've added in the new arbitrary QC standards, a there's a lot of buzz on ChaCha about how guides now plan to just answer questions as quickly as possible so that they can answer more, even if it means just getting 10 cents a question.
I don't have too much of a problem with that IF I work during high volume times. I get mostly yellow & whitepages questions, which doesn't take me long at all. The hard part for me is working during those times. When I first started, I could basically work whenever I wanted to and have b2b questions. HA! The good ol' days...

#259 of 262 Old 04-03-2009, 07:35 PM

Is anyone here still working at chacha? If so what do you think? Is it worth the effort? I just finished my simulator test last night and am waiting to hear if I am going to be accepted as a guide or not. I am hoping I will and I think it would be something I would like to do. I figure that if I spend 3-5 hours a day online anyway I might as well be making money for it and plus some extra spending money would be nice.

Student/Working Mama notes.gifgeek.gif
to DD 1dust.gif & DD 2energy.gif & engaged to DFpartners.gif

#260 of 262 Old 07-14-2010, 02:42 AM

Anyone still chachaing? I'm a guide- I did a bit but then I stopped and I'm doing it again. How much do you make, if you don't mind sharing? i currently only have made $15 from a few hours (from before). Eek!

rainbow1284.gif Mama to DD1 (6) DD2 (4) and DD3 (1)
#261 of 262 Old 07-14-2010, 12:35 PM

I honestly haven't been. They kept changing their rules and it really turned me off. There was just so many hoops to jump through in order to make real money and it wasn't worth it for me. I switched to selling books through a direct sales company and its been working well for me.

I'd love to know chacha's current pay scale.

Cindy + DH Paul = DS1 (4/26/06), DS2 (11/30/07), DD (12/20/10) & surprise 4th edition coming in April 2014.

Bradley Method Natural Childbirth Educator, Doula, and Breastfeeding Counselor

#262 of 262 Old 07-19-2010, 04:09 PM

I've all but given up. I'll do a handful every couple weeks, but I can't get back into doing it for hours a day when the pay is so atrocious now.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page