any interest in a GTD support thread? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-27-2008, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i am working my way through "getting things done" (again) by david allen. i am very excited to start implementing it (so i'm a total newbie).

anyone interested in a support thread?

http://zenhabits.net/2007/02/beginners-guide-to-gtd/

http://zenhabits.net/2007/05/massive-gtd-resource-list/

there's a lot online, but i guess the best place to start is the book. i got it first out of the library and then bought a copy cheap from amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/014...SIN=0142000280

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2008, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

no one is interested? no zen habits or GTD junkies here?

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

Old 07-29-2008, 02:52 PM

I'm new to the GTD concept. We had a training class at work, but I couldn't make it. I do have a pdf that has a lot of info on settup up and using Outlook better. I don't have too much trouble with time management, so I haven't really bothered to start using the tips.

Wendy - mom to dd1(11), dd2(7), dd3(3)
Old 07-30-2008, 04:01 AM

YES! I just read this book. I work almost full time during the school year, and have 10 different schools in which I see kids for therapy, so I constantly feel disorganized and like there are a million little balls in the air. I'm anxious to see if implementing GTD when I return to work in a few weeks will help with my stress level (that is usually very high at the beginning of the year.) It has already helped me to clarify projects that I want to get done during my summer break, and make some headway in completing these things; orgainzing photos, donating clothes, cleaning out toys, starting a garden, etc.

I re-did all my files with printed labels, moved my work office stuff home, set up a functional desk with an inbox, got a new planner for the year and have labels for Next Actions by their contexts. There are so many things about this book that I feel are going to really change how I feel about trying to juggle home and work. Now if David Allen could just come do my laundry, clean my house, and cook us dinner.....

I'd LOVE to be in contact with other mothering moms who are implementing GTD- at work or at home.

Laura- Wife to Jose, Mami to Adela (9/02) reading.gif, Lucas (2/04) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, and Ray (10/10) baby.gif.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

not sure where to set this up... which forum... i am homeschooling mama who is also trying to start a business.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:46 AM

I think Organizing would be best, so that no matter why someone is implementing GTD, they will find it. We can link to it here though.

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:52 PM

We are started and stickied to the top of Decluttering, Organizing & Simplifying!

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=939328

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

User Tag List