How do I attach a blog to my website? What program do you use? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-25-2008, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would like to start a blog to help drive traffic to my website but I am not sure how to link them together. For example www.thefreerangebaby.com/blog Is there a way to do this or will it have to be a separate address for each and I link between them.

Also what blog program do you use? I have heard about wordpress, blogger and blogspot.

I am a newbie to all of this. I am using google web pages for my site as it is very simple and I don't have a need for a cart yet. I will be selling Barefoot Books to start and will eventually grow from there.

Wife to : DH and Mama to Abigail Rose 3/30/08 :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 09-25-2008, 02:51 PM

:

I'm in the same boat...

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

#3 of 3 Old 09-26-2008, 11:41 AM

I strongly recommend Wordpress. You can download it for free from Wordpress.org.

Also, if your hosting company uses cpanel and Fantastico, you can install it directly from your control panel. I recommend you check with your host to find out if they have Fantastico or can get it.

And to answer your first question, yep, you can install the blog in the a /blog directory on your site. That's what I recommend doing, that way you are directing traffic to your domain.

Are you a geek? Learn how to turn what you're geeked about into a successful home business at Home Business Geeks! Need Reliable Web hosting?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page