Any other direct sales mamas out there? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 10-07-2008, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering tips and tricks to really do well in this business. I justed signed up for a direct sales company (I scanned through the rules and don't think I should post the name/link since I am not trying to advertise) It's a cool smaller business that does organic cleaning, personal care, and other eco-friendly products. Anyways the first few days have been great- sent out my link to my 'facebook' list and my mama freinds and got a few orders right away (since the company gave me a free website) so my startup costs are covered anyways. I am working with two friends that are having parties which seem to be doing well and I have another mama friend who is going to sign up to be a consultant as well. I am worried that since I have a full time job (and am a single mama of 3 kids) I am going to need to put in a lot of time. I kinda almost didn't expect it to go this well haha. I need tips on how to keep organized, get people to want to book parties (because I think once people see/ try the products they will sell even better, ya know?) and where I can advertise since I have made a banner and people can order right from my link (and I get paid, yay!).

Also this company allows me to get wholesale contracts from local retailers and I am really excited about this. I have worked retail (a cell phone store and a baby store) for over 5 years and I think being a product rep would be great! Plus I am the first rep for this in my country so that helps haha. Any advice on this? How do I get appointments to go and woo retailers into carrying the products? Once I get a few retailers the income will be really steady!

Thanks for any advice. I am just super excited and want to keep the momentum going while I still have this buzz!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page