• 1 Post By Water Mama
  • 1 Post By Water Mama
  • 1 Post By AspenForest

#1 of 23 Old 02-16-2017, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi everyone :)

Our DDC is finally up! I'm Laura, I'm 35 and this is my 2nd (DD was born in 3/11). Partner and I are very excited. We are currently in Los Angeles, but hope to move somewhere quieter and cheaper before baby comes.

I am due 10/20 and, so far, I've been feeling really tired, nausea off and on, light cramps, peeing a lot and my nails are growing like crazy.

L
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mama to I
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(3/11),
due in October and wife to J

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 23 Old 02-17-2017, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone! I am still in shock... just got my BFP last night at DPO 10. I am turning 34 next week and this will be my third and final baby. My son is 8 (6/3/08) and my daughter is 2 (6/30/14). Looking forward to an autumn baby since I have had two early summer babies before. My due date is 10/30/17. I am in a suburb of Los Angeles and am planning/hoping for a water birth at a birthing center. Fingers crossed this little one sticks!!

34 year-old working mom and student

Endlessly active eight-year-old son 
 (6/3/08)  
and a sweetie pie two-year-old daughter
(6/30/14)

Expecting our third and final child
10/30/17
#3 of 23 Old 02-17-2017, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mama View Post
Hi everyone! I am still in shock... just got my BFP last night at DPO 10. I am turning 34 next week and this will be my third and final baby. My son is 8 (6/3/08) and my daughter is 2 (6/30/14). Looking forward to an autumn baby since I have had two early summer babies before. My due date is 10/30/17. I am in a suburb of Los Angeles and am planning/hoping for a water birth at a birthing center. Fingers crossed this little one sticks!!
Welcome, water mama! It's nice to "meet" you. That's cool that you're also in Los Angeles and we are almost the same age! I'm planning on a home birth (possibly water birth, not sure yet) btw I hope you have an easy, enjoyable pregnancy!

L
mama to I
(3/11),

#4 of 23 Old 02-18-2017, 03:43 PM

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Hello!! I'm so glad this is up now! (I checked before and it wasn't yet!)

I'm Judy, and was surprised, but not unexpectedly-shocked to get a postive result for this baby, affectionately named Seven since it will be our seventh. I have five girls and one boy, ages 14, 12, 11, 6, 4, and 1. One of my favorite parts of pregnancy is the MDC DDCs! I still have friends from over 11 years ago!

I'm hoping for another waterbirth for this baby, as the waterbirth with baby #6 was The Best EVER!

ETA: I'm 37. And my EDD would be Oct. 23rd, but if history is any indication, the earliest date of birth would be Oct. 30th. I'm guessing probably an early November birthday though. Only one baby of mine was born at 41 weeks.. the rest were all closer to or right at 42.
Nazsmum and Water Mama like this.

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband, mothering my five girls and a boy, and
Expecting Seven late Oct! Forever remembering our loss (8/11)

Last edited by judybean; 02-18-2017 at 03:49 PM.
#5 of 23 Old 02-19-2017, 04:49 PM

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Hello!! I've been hanging out in the September DDC BC my estimated due date is late September/early October! There isn't much going on there though. I am 27, will be 28 when this one arrives. DS will be two in July. I am planning another water birth at the birth center. We loved our experience with DS.
#6 of 23 Old 02-20-2017, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hi ladies Not sure if I should be hanging out here or the November group because I calculated my EDD based on Ovulation not LMP. So I'm due between the last two weeks of October and the first two weeks of November lol.

I'm planning for an HBAC.

Fatigue is beginning to consume me -___- .

CTNC, FDNIT | Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach
DD '07
SDS '14

Due November 2017, God Willing
*5****10****15****20****25****30****35****4 0

#7 of 23 Old 02-21-2017, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetrainfire View Post
Welcome, water mama! It's nice to "meet" you. That's cool that you're also in Los Angeles and we are almost the same age! I'm planning on a home birth (possibly water birth, not sure yet) btw I hope you have an easy, enjoyable pregnancy!
Hi! I an planning to deliver at Del Mar Birthing Center in South Pasadena, near our home. There are so many great options in Los Angeles. Nice to meet you too!!
cosmosis likes this.

(6/3/08)  
(6/30/14)

10/30/17
#8 of 23 Old 02-21-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmosis View Post
Hi ladies Not sure if I should be hanging out here or the November group because I calculated my EDD based on Ovulation not LMP. So I'm due between the last two weeks of October and the first two weeks of November lol.

I'm planning for an HBAC.

Fatigue is beginning to consume me -___- .
I am due 10/30, but I haven't checked out the November DDC yet. My first was born 9 days early and my second was born 9 days late! We shall see where the third one lands. I am getting a little tired too (went to bed at 8:30 pm on Saturday) and my appetite/metabolism is picking up.
cosmosis likes this.

(6/3/08)  
(6/30/14)

10/30/17
#9 of 23 Old 02-22-2017, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by judybean View Post
One of my favorite parts of pregnancy is the MDC DDCs! I still have friends from over 11 years ago!
I was in a DDC here when I was pregnant with DD, so I know what you mean I've noticed that, these days, the DDCs seem to be pretty quiet, though MDC, in general, doesn't have as much activity as it used to so I think that's why.

L
mama to I
(3/11),

#10 of 23 Old 02-23-2017, 07:35 PM

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by judybean View Post
One of my favorite parts of pregnancy is the MDC DDCs! I still have friends from over 11 years ago!
I was in a DDC here when I was pregnant with DD, so I know what you mean I've noticed that, these days, the DDCs seem to be pretty quiet, though MDC, in general, doesn't have as much activity as it used to so I think that's why.
I've noticed that too and it makes me sad
#11 of 23 Old 02-24-2017, 08:41 AM

Same here, but my DDC from June 2014 is still going strong in a private FB group.

(6/3/08)  
(6/30/14)

10/30/17
#12 of 23 Old 03-03-2017, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi everyone! I'm Sarah and I live in La Crescenta which is pretty close to Pasadena. I'm 37 and I have 3 kids ages 11, 10 and 5 (youngest is my boy and the older two are girls). I found out yesterday we are having twins. My due date is October 15.

Nice to meet you all! This is my first time joining a forum like this.
#13 of 23 Old 03-03-2017, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsarah View Post
Hi everyone! I'm Sarah and I live in La Crescenta which is pretty close to Pasadena. I'm 37 and I have 3 kids ages 11, 10 and 5 (youngest is my boy and the older two are girls). I found out yesterday we are having twins. My due date is October 15.

Twins?! That is very exciting, congratulations And hurray for another L.A. area mom

L
mama to I
(3/11),

#14 of 23 Old 03-05-2017, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:

Twins! EEeek! How do you feel about that? I can imagine it must be a gamut of emotions! Was it surprising to find out, or did you have a suspicion? Congratulations!

For greater things are yet to come...

#15 of 23 Old 03-05-2017, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Hi all. Seems like most of you are in CA? Kinda cool. I'm in the other CA (Canada).
EDD is 10/26. My first was born on her EDD, and each baby after that was born a week earlier. We'll see if the trend continues! I'm anticipating ~Oct 10, and hope I'm not setting myself up for weeks of feeling "overdue" by thinking that!
This will, I hope, be baby #4 . We've had a decent number of losses, so everything still feels pretty tenuous. Fingers crossed though. I'm trying to feel hopeful and calm about it all - so little actual in our control, hey?
Birth plans are still pretty up in the air. It would be pretty unsafe for me to birth where we live, but the idea of travelling to give birth makes me want to cry. There are two other options, one involving being ~6 hours from home, the other 15 hours. Ugh. But, planning a homebirth (just might be in someone else's home!), and looking forward to a new sweet face.
Judybean - I'm glad you're here. I'm excited about 4, but a little apprehensive too. Nice to have someone who knows the ropes around. You might have to talk me off a ledge later on! :P
My bigs are 6 & 8, and will be almost 7 & 9 by October. Little will be 26 months in October.
I'm still breastfeeding (ack! nipple sensitivity! And my supply drops a good deal fairly early - has already happened), and am curious as to how that will play out. The older two tandem nursed, and I am not opposed to doing it again. I am trying to night wean though. It's not going well! Anyone else still breastfeeding a little person?
And, is anyone "showing" yet? I totally am, although I've had diastasis recti since my first pregnancy, and it has been a lot worse since #3 was born, so I typically carry a little bit of a "belly". This is sort of insane though - I can't comfortably do up my pants anymore, and my closest friends keep saying, "You just look *rounder*!". I'm off to a family gathering next week, and am curious if anyone will catch on. We haven't told family yet, and are holding off, even though I can't wait to tell my big kids. My extended family will have negative things to say though, so I'm just holding on to the positive, excited magic of this early secret for awhile. It is sort of a delicious secret, hey?
I'm feeling exhausted, and consistently more nausea as the day goes by. I don't like feeling like I'm going to vomit, but it is also very reassuring, so I'm mostly glad to be feeling it!
Looking forward to getting to know you women.

For greater things are yet to come...

#16 of 23 Old 03-07-2017, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumleap View Post
Twins! EEeek! How do you feel about that? I can imagine it must be a gamut of emotions! Was it surprising to find out, or did you have a suspicion? Congratulations!
Exactly, I have three older kids so it was like, TWO more?? They were all with me when we saw the ultrasound and they were shocked too. I knew something was different, though. I have felt super bloated this pregnancy and I've been having really bad all-day-and-night "morning" sickness. I don't think I ever got sick in any of my other pregnancies!

I'm interested in trying a more natural birth this time around. My older kids were all born at Glendale Adventist, but after getting the epidural with the first two I felt like my back was messed up from it (I had numb/tingly areas that lasted for years), plus it seemed like labor went on for soooo long! With my second daughter it took so long that we had to spend the night in the hospital and wait until the next morning. So with my son, I said no to the epidural but he was still born in the hospital. He came out so fast and it was so much easier! There were 5 or 10 minutes with bad contractions but that was about it. So I'd like to go the natural route this time if possible. I know there can be complications with twins.
#17 of 23 Old 03-07-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Twins?! That is very exciting, congratulations And hurray for another L.A. area mom
Thanks, you too!
#18 of 23 Old 03-07-2017, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Hello everyone! I'm 28 years old and currently 8 weeks pregnant with our first baby. I've been lurking for several weeks now, but I've been hesitant to introduce myself because the whole pregnancy just didn't... feel real, I guess? We were trying for over a year and a half and I was pretty sure we couldn't conceive without some kind of fertility treatments, so it was a pretty big shock when I saw the positive result! But yesterday I finally got my acceptance call from a midwife in the city, which is a huge relief and is helping me feel a lot more settled. Looking forward to chatting with everyone in the coming months!
Water Mama likes this.
#19 of 23 Old 03-07-2017, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspenForest View Post
Hello everyone! I'm 28 years old and currently 8 weeks pregnant with our first baby. I've been lurking for several weeks now, but I've been hesitant to introduce myself because the whole pregnancy just didn't... feel real, I guess? We were trying for over a year and a half and I was pretty sure we couldn't conceive without some kind of fertility treatments, so it was a pretty big shock when I saw the positive result! But yesterday I finally got my acceptance call from a midwife in the city, which is a huge relief and is helping me feel a lot more settled. Looking forward to chatting with everyone in the coming months!
It's nice to "meet" you and I hope you have an easy, enjoyable pregnancy and birth

L
mama to I
(3/11),

#20 of 23 Old 03-07-2017, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumleap View Post
And, is anyone "showing" yet? I totally am, although I've had diastasis recti since my first pregnancy, and it has been a lot worse since #3 was born, so I typically carry a little bit of a "belly". This is sort of insane though - I can't comfortably do up my pants anymore, and my closest friends keep saying, "You just look *rounder*!". I'm off to a family gathering next week, and am curious if anyone will catch on. We haven't told family yet, and are holding off, even though I can't wait to tell my big kids. My extended family will have negative things to say though, so I'm just holding on to the positive, excited magic of this early secret for awhile. It is sort of a delicious secret, hey?
I'm feeling exhausted, and consistently more nausea as the day goes by. I don't like feeling like I'm going to vomit, but it is also very reassuring, so I'm mostly glad to be feeling it!
Looking forward to getting to know you women.
Yes I'm showing already--7w4d now. I don't remember looking and feeling so round at this stage in my pregnancy with DD. I think I'll start a bump photo thread soon I've been nauseous for close to three weeks now and I'm so ready for it to be over

L
mama to I
(3/11),

#21 of 23 Old 03-08-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:

I am also Sarah and live in South Pasadena--we are neighbors! I haven't had an ultrasound yet, but unlike you, I am not "expecting" twins

(6/3/08)  
(6/30/14)

10/30/17
#22 of 23 Old 03-24-2017, 08:07 PM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
I've got a late September due date but am expecting an early October baby. My last son was very late and I just sort of have an October feeling. The Sept ddc is pretty slow and I thought maybe I should be in this 1 anyways so I'm joining!
This is baby 3. We've got a 3 year old and 1 year old boy. We've always said 4 was our minimum number of kids but this pregnancy has been very very rough. My husband and sons have had a very very rough time dealing with it. So likely, this will be my last pregnancy and we will add to our family through adoption in the future!
My 3 year old is ecstatic to be gaining a sibling. My 1 year old is fairly confused and thinks we're all telling some sort of joke. He tells own versions a lot -baby in belly, train in mouth, cloud in eye. He'll be 26 months by the time the new baby is here, so I'm sure he'll have caught on by then!
#23 of 23 Old 03-26-2017, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealCandy View Post
I've got a late September due date but am expecting an early October baby. My last son was very late and I just sort of have an October feeling. The Sept ddc is pretty slow and I thought maybe I should be in this 1 anyways so I'm joining!
This is baby 3. We've got a 3 year old and 1 year old boy. We've always said 4 was our minimum number of kids but this pregnancy has been very very rough. My husband and sons have had a very very rough time dealing with it. So likely, this will be my last pregnancy and we will add to our family through adoption in the future!
My 3 year old is ecstatic to be gaining a sibling. My 1 year old is fairly confused and thinks we're all telling some sort of joke. He tells own versions a lot -baby in belly, train in mouth, cloud in eye. He'll be 26 months by the time the new baby is here, so I'm sure he'll have caught on by then!
It's nice to have you! Unfortunately it's slow here, too. I think this is just the way it is for DDCs here now Case in point, the last post was three weeks ago up until a couple of days ago. Hopefully it speeds up more.

As for your pregnancy, I'm sorry to hear it's been really hard for you! I hope it gets easier as it progresses.

L
mama to I
(3/11),

Last edited by sweetrainfire; 03-26-2017 at 02:17 PM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page