Mothering Forum banner

Getting to know you/ Intro thread

3K views 37 replies 17 participants last post by  actingoddess1224 
#1 ·
Here are some questions to get us started, answer whatever you are comfortable with:

1. How old are you?
2. Where are you from?
3. Family members (significant other, spouse, other children, furbabies...)
4. What is your due date?
5. What are you most excited about?
6. What are you least excited about?
7. Hobbies?

#2 ·
1: I'm 28 :)
2: Atlantic Canada
3: There's me, SO, and our 1.5 year old (June 2015)
4: November 19, but I'm likely to be induced earlier if my ICP returns
5: I don't know yet! Seeing my little guy be a big brother will be interesting
6: Having to be away from my little guy for birth, we've never spent more than a couple of hours apart
7: No big hobbies honestly. I collect cloth diapers, and nerdy stuff :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 · (Edited)
@NaturallyKait Oh gosh! Fingers crossed you don't get ICP again.

1. I'm 32
2. We live in the South Eastern US
3. I'm married to a great guy and have one daughter who will be three when the new one arrives.
4. Due date is Nov. 16th. I went two weeks past due with my daughter, though, so I will try not to focus on due dates too much.
5. I think I am most looking forward to having a new baby to babywear (and an excuse to restash my stock of wraps and carriers...)
6. Definetly. not looking forward to the nausea. I didn't really ever get sick last go round but I was pretty much just laying in bed for about 6 weeks straight to keep it that way. (I hate vomitting more than anything.)
7. Hobbies: I knit, go for walks, play with my daughter and I like to read and play video games. (Although haven't played much since my little was born.)

#5 ·
1. 34
2. Suburb of Los Angeles
3. Husband, 8 year-old son, and 2 year-old daughter
4. 10/30 or 11/3 depending on which method you use :)
5. Most excited about birthing in a birthing center for the first time and for keeping gender a secret until the birth
6. I'm least excited about finishing school while pregnant and then studying for the CPA with a newborn :(
7. I love singing, Bikram yoga, photography, and interior decorating. Hoping to stay physically active during this pregnancy as much as possible. :thumb

#6 ·
1. How old are you?
40!

2. Where are you from?
The Pacific Northwest

Husband, 5 awesome children and a spoiled Shih Tzu that we call our "cat dog" because she's so teeny.

11/21 by LMP, 11/23 by ovulation

A baby! We have been trying a while.

Morning sickness, bad sciatic pain, and the reactions from people (mostly our parents/family).

7. Hobbies?
Not many because I'm too tired, but I love to knit. I am a midwife assistant and doula for the love of it outside of my full time day job and being a parent when I'm not working.

#7 ·
I'm 29.
I live near Detroit Mi.
I'm due 11/14 with baby #3.
My pregnancy became Rh sensitized during last pregnancy, so I'll have to have the MATERNITY 21 test to see what this baby's blood type is. I'm hoping for a rh- baby so this pregnancy isn't high risk and I can have another home birth.
Im excited to tell our family about this baby--planning something special after the MATERNITY 21 test.

#9 ·
@valerievalira, I have been trying to get pregnant a while so I have made some baby knits in the meantime... I will definitely start some things if I get past 14w...

And I usually don't find out the gender but I'm pretty sure we will this time.

How about you?

#10 ·
I'm not sure if we will find out gender. My husband wants to, I would rather be surprised.

At the same time, I'm 100% sure my next child will be a girl. My sisters, my mother and I did this crystal dowsing thing over the holidays- just playing around. And it told me two girls and that has just kinda stuck in my head since then. It felt right.

So I kinda feel like I already know, lol. And I may cave and let my husband find out. We are planning on having a home birth so we will be getting at least one ultrasound just to make sure all organs are where they are suppose to be.

Does anyone else have strong feelings one way or the other on gender?

#11 ·
My husband has wanted to know all of the kids' genders and I never have gone for that, but I think this is a girl - however we are starting over so it would be nice to plan and purchase accordingly. And he really didn't want to have more babies but changed his mind, for my sake.

We also do homebirth and will do an anatomy scan (but I am going to do one at 6w to check for heartbeat also, though I'm not an ultrasound person normally).

That would sure be cool to know if the crystal is true, that would be awesome!

#13 ·
Hey everyone!! I found out I was pregnant before I was even four weeks along, super excited. We will find out the gender at our 20 week (and only) ultrasound. I will be happy either way but I'm not gonna lie, I would love a little girl. I have Factor V Leiden and also had a LEEP procedure done in October so I am keeping my fingers crossed for no complications or loss from that...

1. How old are you? 32
2. Where are you from? New England
3. Family members (significant other, spouse, other children, furbabies...) SO and two boys who will be 9 and 6 when this one comes along.
4. What is your due date? Nov 15th by DOC or the 17th by LMP
5. What are you most excited about? newborn gurgles!!
6. What are you least excited about? telling friends and family ("You want ANOTHER baby!?")
7. Hobbies? we have a small farm and homeschool

#14 ·
Welcome @farmmama3 This may sound creepy- but I just love your life! Ever since I was little I wanted to be a farm wife. There was this documentary on PBS about it and I was just in awe. But then I grew up and realized I had a bit of an adveraion to getting my hands dirty (a sensory issue- I mentally know the dirt can and will wash off- But my body freaks out...) and decided to go a different route. But anyway- I'm facinated by women who have the pluck to do it.

What do yu farm?

And- if you don't mind answering- my kiddos will be three years apart like your boys: what do you think about that age gap? Any advise?

#15 ·
Haha, it's a ton of work but a good life. We grow plants and veggies and have chickens a duck and a goose. :) My boys age gap has its pluses and minuses. Overall they spend so much time playing together imaginatively and they always have each other so I wouldn't change it for the world, but it is loud and sometimes they get carried away with the couch forts. :wink:

#16 ·
Hello I'm going to join to group. I found out I was pregnant yesterday afternoon. Completely shocked. Not sure how I feel.

1. I'm 37.
2. I'm from the midwest part of the US.
3. Family members include my husband, 42, DD1 age 13, DD2 age 8, DD3, age 2. My two year old will have just turned three in the beginning of November when this little arrives. We have two dogs and a cat.
4. Due date is November 21.
5. I'm not excited right now, I'm shocked. I can't believe I'm writing here, it feels unreal. I'm excited in the hope I may have a son!! But, seeing as we have three girls, we'll, I'm history will repeat.
6. Least excited to get up and nurse through the night. My youngest is still nursing, but she has stopped during the night in mid-January, and I love sleeping through the night again. (Ha! As I write this, she's nursing at 1:40 am. But I promise, she really sleeps, through the night.) Not looking forward to the nauseous lasting as long as it lasts for me. But this is a baby, so I'll stop complaining.
6. Hobbies? Read above, I have three kids. They are my hobby.

#19 ·
Hey mamas 🤗

I'm completely bamboozled to be joining this group. Hubby and I have three kiddos, boys are 9&7 and our daughter is 15 months. We were planning on being done. Surprise! I literally was cleaning the bathroom on Monday and ran across a pregnancy test. I was going to throw it out. I decided, just for fun, to take the test. It was positive. And I've taken 5 more since and they're increasingly positive.

I can't remember for the life of me my LMP, but I'm thinking it was 2/19-2/23. So I'll be due end of November. My midwife appt is 4/14 and I'll be have a dating ultrasound to hone in on a date.

We live in the Midwest. I work in a hospice house where I hold space for the dying. I also am the founder at mulberryandgrace.com and have a self-care coaching practice. In my free time (ha!) I run and do yoga. I'm currently training for a marathon, but am soooo queasy during runs I don't know how I'll continue. My race is in 4 weeks! Will play the next week by ear and then decide how to proceed.

Excited to get to know everyone!!

#23 ·
Hey mamas ?

I'm completely bamboozled to be joining this group. Hubby and I have three kiddos, boys are 9&7 and our daughter is 15 months. We were planning on being done. Surprise! I literally was cleaning the bathroom on Monday and ran across a pregnancy test. I was going to throw it out. I decided, just for fun, to take the test. It was positive. And I've taken 5 more since and they're increasingly positive.

I can't remember for the life of me my LMP, but I'm thinking it was 2/19-2/23. So I'll be due end of November. My midwife appt is 4/14 and I'll be have a dating ultrasound to hone in on a date.

We live in the Midwest. I work in a hospice house where I hold space for the dying. I also am the founder at mulberryandgrace.com and have a self-care coaching practice. In my free time (ha!) I run and do yoga. I'm currently training for a marathon, but am soooo queasy during runs I don't know how I'll continue. My race is in 4 weeks! Will play the next week by ear and then decide how to proceed.

Excited to get to know everyone!!
I understand how you feel. I'm still in shock, a week after finding out. We have a 13, 8, and a two year old, and we believed our family was complete.
Welcome.

#20 ·
1. How old are you?
I'm 38.
2. Where are you from?
A small town in Indiana.
Husband, 4 kids, 2 cats
November 29, though I tend to go "late".
Another baby!
**gulp** Another baby! LOL
7. Hobbies?
No time, really.

#21 ·
1. How old are you? I'm 28

2. Where are you from? Louisiana

3. Family members (significant other, spouse, other children, furbabies...) Husband, three kids, dog

4. What is your due date? November 12th according to LMP and conception date

5. What are you most excited about? Downer, but nothing at the moment.

6. What are you least excited about? Extremely high insurance deductible that we can't afford.

7. Hobbies? Currently in school full time, have a small chicken farm, love movies.

#24 ·
So, I'm technically due Oct. 23rd, but with the previous six my earliest birth was at 41 weeks and the rest were at our just about at 42 weeks. This baby is likely to be a,November baby.

1. How old are you? 37

2. Where are you from? Wyoming

3. Family members (significant other, spouse, other children, furbabies...) dh is 38, dd1 is 15, dd2 is 13, dd3 is 11, dd4 is 7, ds is 4, and dd5 is 22 months. We also have a black cat named Lucky.

4. What is your due date? Oct 23rd, but this baby is likely to arrive in November.

5. What are you most excited about? A baby ? I love sewing up tiny baby clothes, I love the tiny baby smells, I love tiny baby squawks, and I love babywearing tiny babies. Oh! And I'm so excited for another planned waterbirth!

6. What are you least excited about? Exhaustion, constant nausea, food aversions like crazy

7. Hobbies? I sew. I have a lot of plans to make Seven a whole new wardrobe. We never find out the gender, so it's a really fun challenge to me! I have a general idea of a color scheme cor most of it and have been collecting fabric along the way. Now I just need the exhaustion to lift so I can actually start implementing my ideas!

Reactions: valerievalira
#25 · (Edited)
Hiya, I'm also an end of Oct due date, so I'll be lurking here, too.

Household: 1dh, 6 children ages 12 and right on down to 1 yr old.
Kinda shocked though we knew wheat we were doing. 7 kids seems serious.

My youngest 3 will be 1 and 3 and 5 when lo arrives, bh. Sounds sketchy, right? Lol.

Nice to meet y'all.

#26 ·
1. How old are you?

2. Where are you from?
Originally from Spain, but I live in Seattle

Married with two kids - 3.5 yo, and just turned 1. Oh, and two kitties

Mid-November

As far as pregnancy goes, feeling movement. Other than that, just having another newborn, I really like the tiny baby stage.

Finding clothes that fit. Navigating being outnumbered. Figuring out new sleeping and nursing arrangements.

7. Hobbies?
Sewing, photography, reading.

#27 ·
Hi Everyone!
Is there something you have to do to join the club other than just start posting? I was on the forums a bit when my son was born 6 years ago but have been busy with work since then and not posted much.

1. How old are you? 33
2. Where are you from? Ontario
3. Family members DH, 6yo DS, and a cat
4. What is your due date? Nov 13 by LMP, but I know it will be sooner after my ultrasound.
5. What are you most excited about? being pregnant, labour and birth
6. What are you least excited about? family pressure and too many gifts
7. Hobbies? music, art, cooking

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.