Mothering Forum banner

How are you sleeping?

857 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  chispita 
#1 · (Edited)
How are you ladies sleeping?

I am barely making it until 7:30 at night but then am waking up at 1:30 or 3:00 and am up the rest of the day (my alarm is at 4:10) on work days. Ugh.

I always have early pg insomnia... it is very much not my favorite. I don't know if there are things that actually help with that, I've never found anything.

How are nights going for you?

#2 ·
Between the still waking to nurse at night 21 month old and the constant peeing? Sleep is a distant dream lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Between the still waking to nurse at night 21 month old and the constant peeing? Sleep is a distant dream lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, that sucks. With #2 I ended up night weaning #1 halfway through the pregnancy because I just couldn't take it. This time so far #2 is an awesome sleeper and will only wake to nurse around 4-5 AM and then 6-7 when we wake up for the day. That's doable. And big brother doesn't nurse till wakeup.

Though I cannot honestly figure out how this is going to work with a third one. I do not want to wean my youngest (already having major guilt about getting pregnant sooner than we wanted and the possibility of him self weaning or needing to supplement through pregnancy), and whilst I would be super happy if my eldest will I am not going to push for it because I feel like he still really needs it emotionally

#4 · (Edited)
I just weaned my two year old March 1st. Before that I was sleeping in fits and starts. She just started sleeping to about 4am this week- cuddles then sleeps till 8-9.

So now sleep is pretty awesome. I go to sleep atound 10-11:30 and am up most days around 6-6:30. Last few days I've been sleeping in an hour because the time change made it dark outside and I can't go for a stroll in the woods in the dark (too scary!) But I need to get my butt out of bed and back to my workout schedule.

Last pregnancy I slept great- hoping for the same this go around. But as we cosleep and I serve as my daughter's pillow... I don't think this bliss is going to last much longer.

#7 ·
I've been dealing with anxiety for about six months, and I can't sleep unless I take a Xanax or Melontonin, obviously, I try to take as little meds as possible, I'm too much of a naturalist for that, so I had been taking melatonin to assist. I'm going to have to find out soon, or the anxiety paired with pregnancy and sleep will be beyond miserable.

#9 ·
Surprisingly well. Pregnancy insomnia doesn't hit me till late second trimester so enjoying it while I can. Okay, that's a lie - I am falling asleep with the kids most days because I am tired and losing out on the post bedtime adult time (and I'm talking more about hobbies than anything else) and it really sucks because I *need* that time to decompress

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.