Mothering Forum banner

What do you need to buy?

1K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  quiltermom 
#1 ·
I think everyone here so far is a second+ time mom.

What do you need, if anything, to buy?

Anything you want to buy?

I need newborn clothes but may be sble to get a ton of hand me downs from cousins. Then I need to figure out the sleeping situation. We cosleep so baby will be in bed... the thing is what to do with big sister? I don't plan on kicking her out of bed- just want here to have a barrier from the baby. I'm thinking we may get an in bed bassinette or some such the first few months until daughter gets use to having a baby in the bed.

#3 ·
I sold my infant seat four days before I found out about the baby...so I need a new infant seat. I still have most of DS's baby clothes and they were in good shape when I put them away, but they may or may not be in season depending on how quickly the baby grows. DS was a late spring baby, but he grew really slowly so if this baby isn't slim like him stuff may work out. I need a crib mattress to move him to his toddler bed in his room, and leave the crib in ours sidecarred like it is now. I need more AppleCheeks for my cloth diaper stash too. That's about it, other than a few outfits just for this baby. DS is only 1.5 so a lot of his stuff is still good to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Well I was all done (but then really not) and my youngest is 5, so we will have to buy everything/anything we want from scratch.

I do have carriers because I was still using them with my youngest but that's all.

#5 ·
We really only *need* a cat seat. I usually go straight to convertibles, but I might get a bucket since it's the start of the long, cold Wyoming winter. And with a half dozen other kids, it just might be easier? I don't know. I haven't used a bucket in years, but it sounds appealing to me.

I'm planning on sewing a wardrobe for Seven because I actually donated a ton on baby clothes to a flood relief drive just two days before we found out Seven was on the way ;)

I'll need nursing bras too. But that's really all, I think?

#7 ·
A minivan :eek:Hahahahaha we've been squishing all three kids into our chevy Malibu hoping to pay it off before getting something different. That will not work anymore, not that's it been working great anyway. We need more room BADLY.

We are cosleeping currently with DD (15 months) and are hoping to transition her to her own space here soon. I was feeling ready around her birthday and have been putting it off.

We have a carseat, bassinet, and some clothes. Will probably stock up on long sleeve onsies and jammies though.

I just put away my breast pump :serious: It works great, but will by new tubes and such. A new diaper bag too. Maybe a backpack one? Not sure yet, but want to invest in something that can support the goods for a toddler and newborn.

#13 ·
I'm with MulberryandGrace. We need to purchase another vehicle. We only have one anyway, but now we need one to for all the kids. It's been discussed selling one of our kids, or allowing the 13 to ride in the back of the pick up, with my husband making a bench and adding a seatbelt to the bench, so it's not too 1970's,you know riding without a seatbelt. Or even asking our 13, who thinks she quite the adult to move out so we won't have to bother with a purchase of new car, and have the younger two share a room. 😂

#14 · (Edited)
Nothing, really. I would like a new infant car seat, but the old one hasn't expired so we probably won't be buy a new one (he'll get a new convertible at some point*). I will be sewing up new clothes for the little one, though to be fair we don't really need more clothes

* We don't find out gender, but I'm assuming it's going to be another boy

#18 ·
Umm, I need more than I thought I did now that we know we're having twins lol. And likely a minivan. Technically we can fit 3 car seats in our car, but I can't reach the centre to buckle a seat in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
We're going to need pretty much everything as our youngest is going to be 6 (What!? I can't believe we're doing this again!). We have a cradle and I saved a few clothes and blankets but we'll need a car seat, crib, stroller etc as I'd gotten rid of all that. We weren't sure if we would have more and it was all getting old. I'm kinda excited to look for some good deals again :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.