Mothering Forum banner

: groan :

3K views 35 replies 11 participants last post by  actingoddess1224 
#1 ·
This nausea is killing me. Is anyone else feeling really sick?

🤢

#2 ·
I don't ever puke in pregnancy, but I feel like I want to the vast majority of the time. Or I feel like I'm starving and I can't eat anything. My food aversions are so strong. Things I know are delicious and I love somehow taste horrid to me and I can't stomach more than a bite or two.

#3 ·
I'm one of those weird people who don't really get morning sickness beyond a little queasiness on an empty stomach, but I'm currently getting over a pretty bad bout of norovirus and it's been horrible (plus the kids got it too, so it's been a fun weekend).

I do get food aversions (and cravings), and I'm already off of coffee- I want it, I like the idea of it, but the moment I take a sip it's just gross

#4 ·
I can only drink iced coffee. Specifically, the prepackaged Starbucks caramel macchiato iced coffee ? it's the only coffee that I can tolerate at all. I've tried my favorite variations of coffee (and coffee is life), but nothing tastes good -- or even just tolerable.

I wish I got cravings. Instead, I just get aversions so I can list eleventy billion things I *don't* want, but I can't think of one thing I actually *do* want.

#5 ·
In my first pregnancy (a boy) I had extreme nausea, could barely eat anything but fruit but I didn't throw up. Now I am expecting my second I am having on and off nausea (I am 9 weeks) but can throw up even thinking or talking about certain foods. I do wonder if this one is a girl. I have it the worst around 5/6, just before supper. Whoever called it "Morning sickness" has some explaining to do!

#6 ·
Constant nausea. So different from last time. With DS I had basically no nausea until the day I hit 7 weeks and woke up so sick I ended up in the ER because I couldn't keep anything down and was dehydrated. This time I had nausea at 4 weeks, and it's never gone away. It's been next to impossible to eat because everything sounds horrible because of how nauseated I am, and while I'm not throwing up I'm dry heaving a lot. I'm having a hard time figuring out meals or eating more than a couple of bites because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
*raises hand* Yup! Me, too. With my first I was nauseous and dizzy. I was able to manage with just not moving. Eating small meals helped as when my stomach had food on it I felt better.

This time I am nauseous all the time. Not eating makes me feel sick, eating makes me feel sick....

So I've been desperit for relief. I've been trying an epsom salt spray... not sure if it is doing anything but it is nice to have something to do.

#8 ·
Hello diclectin my old friend. I barely made it home from the NP'a today, but I got my prescription so I'll take it.

#11 ·
I'm craving super sweet gummy candy, but then after I eat it I feel like crap.

I'm also pretty sure I've just confirmed lactose intolerance on myself, so that sucks. One last test on Friday. And then I guess the o my questions are figuring out which cheeses are okay for me, and the deal will lactase pills when eating out

#13 ·
@chispita Just saw thst I missed your reply when I replied... I use to be lactose intolerant- have been from a baby (I was on a lot of antibiotics when I was a baby.). I reversed it with a diet rich in fermented foods and probiotics. I'm still not a fan of milk or dairy products but I can have them without ill effect.

And second the gummy candy- and of course jellybeans are everwhere right now...

#14 ·
No less nausea here haha. With my son the diclectin completely got rid of my morning sickness. With the twins it seems to be taking the edge off but I still have occasional rough patches. Last time the nausea stuck around until well into the 3rd trimester. I'm guessing this will be a repeat of that.

#17 ·
9+6 now, I pretty much lie in bed all day feeling sorry for myself. Just none stop feeling nauseated. For some weird reason I'm still wearing my FitBit and clocking around a pathetic 2000 steps a day, lol! Dishes, back to bed, feed kids, back to bed, rinse and repeat. May have had a bit of a cry last night.

#19 ·
Oh I feel you on the crying, bed, and the level of nausea. [emoji1373] Brutal mamas. Hang in there. We will be done hopefully faster than it seems like.

#20 ·
Y'all, I'm crying regularly. The nausea and dry heaving is so. Bitter. I've got 6 homeschooled kids, my youngest are 1 and almost 3. I feel like I'm crawling around the house, literally brought to my knees. 13 weeks here. When will it be over?

#23 ·
I wish I knew the answer... B vitamins didn't touch it for me this go round. Magnesium spray doesn't either. I can't do ginger because I used it so much my first pregnancy that I just associate nausea with it.

Accupressure does nothing for me, too.

I keep telling myself that worst case it lasts till birth... *cries*

16 weeks is around where I began feeling normal my first pregnancy, too. 6 more weeks-I'm hoping!

#25 ·
Acupuncture took my nausea away for 24 hours (it actually freaked me out), but it of course came back. But still...

With my daughter I had the 16w crap too. My boys were 12-13w.

It still feels like forever away...

#26 ·
Yeah, I've been pg 8 times. I've tried everything. Homeopathic doctor? Check. Traditional Chinese medicine practioner? Check. I, myself am an herbalist, but have gone to others. Brewers diet. Apple cider vinegar. Herbs imported from all over the world. Small frequent meals. Protein. Meditation. Rest. Cutting out this and that food. Essential oils. EFT. You name it. I feel like I've tried everything. I got an hour of relief with homeopathy once. In another pregnancy I got relief for a few hours one evening. I'm literally going out of my mind. Even my homeopathic dr is like...ok...this is really bad. Maybe we should work on this between pregnancies. I literally feel hopeless. Spirit broken. I also have partum depression. Like, during pg I'm truly depressed. It ends within a couple weeks after birth, the bulk being within minutes of birth but then a few episodes here and there for a opulent weeks. I guess it's better than ppd, but no one has heard of mine and so I basically can't do anything during pg except try to survive day to day sometimes minute to minute. It's likely because I feel so sick most of the pregnancy that I'm depressed, but it's a chicken and egg thing anymore, ykwim?

#28 ·
Only thing that helps at all is acupressure a teeny weeny bit, that one day after acupuncture (has never helped before when I tried it) and probably the most effective was having done a cleanse with turmeric capsules (can't do that in pg) pre-pg.

I also follow the carol food intolerances I have tested positive for but that's a lifetime shift and a huge help with all things for me.

I am sad for you that you have such a hard time. I loathe the first trimester. If this baby sticks all the way through... I never ever want to be pregnant again. (Love my kids but dude 7x through this is just my limit).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.