Mothering Forum banner

Any fun announcements?

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Hippie Mama 79 
#1 ·
I finally made a social media announcement because my mom posted on my wall about picking a stocking for her to make for the new baby and I got a lot of people saying, "new baby?" And such... so, I decided I would announce! I sewed up and vinyled an outfit today and posted it! A friend who loves Harry Potter as much as I do also made an announcement I could post, so I did both ;)

I did make sure to include words that said "actually, probably November" but it felt a bit heavy on the pic, so I just put October.

Anybody else do or have anything fun planned?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Too cute!

I have no idea what to do for a facebook announcement. I have a lot of friends/family that have struggled with infertility and I don't want to hurt them with an announcement. But then again... there are lotsa people who I don't see everyday or even very often and a facebook announcement is a wuick, easy way to let people know.

I may just make a post on mother's day about it. Mother's day is a hard day anyway for my family members who have suffered a loss and I know of at least one who just avoids facebook that day unless she thinks she can handle it.

#6 ·
I haven't decided what to do yet. Part of me really wants to announce after our next ultrasound next week (which is also the day before my birthday) when we'll be able to confirm both babies are sticky. Another part knows once I do announce it's going to get back to my parents and that's going to start up their harassment again. I guess I'll decide sometime this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 ·
Very cool. I love how creative you were.

We love Star Wars also, but I went with the corny one I mentioned earlier, and we received lots of happy responses. I was worried I'd get the "oh, not another one" or your kind of old type responses. I did get a ton of "maybe this is your boy!" Since we have three girls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.