Mothering Forum banner

FInding out gender?

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  quiltermom 
#1 ·
At first I thought we'd be team green. Well I should clarify that I'D be team green and my husband would find out the gender. I've never been surprised at birth, and I think it would be the ultimate reward after labor, but as time goes on, I've decided I should surrender to the ultrasound god. We have three girls, and since I've kept nothing, except cute outfits I couldn't part with, but not near enough to sustain this little baby, I will need to purchase some clothing. My brother and his wife just recently had a boy, fortunately, I'll be able to use those clothes. Also, if I'm having another girl, I'll need some retail therapy, since I would love to birth a boy, but I won't get my hopes up, since we only create little girls. Ha! :)

#2 ·
We've gone back and forth on it. We were team green for DS and loved it. Had planned on team green again, but then finding out it's twins made us second guess it. We really struggled with names with DS and barely agreed upon a girl name before he was born, so we were worried that agreeing on multiple sets of names would be really hard, but we actually already have tentative agreements, so we're pretty sure we're going to stick to team green now. The hard part will be that we'll have a lot of ultrasounds since twins have so many potential complications, so we may catch an inadvertent look and end up knowing. We'll see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Of the 5 we have had, we have only found out once (and we didn't tell anyone). I have LOVED waiting to find out.

However this time I'm full on not wanting to wait. I've had enough surprises, and I need the help bonding. So we found out at our genetic screen blood work. We haven't told our family or kids yet. Soon though.

#5 ·
Team green here, too. We knew in our hearts that our first was a boy and suspect this one is a girl. We have two names picked out, we don't really care about gender specific clothes though we have no problem with embracing her femininity if she is a girl or his masculinity if another boy. The little one won't care about that stuff until much older when we would have had time to buy the appropriate clothing. I love doing things closer to the traditional way and having the sex announced at the birth. Plus, it is fun to tune into instinct and guess what he/she will be.

#6 ·
Originally I had planned on not finding out. This is our last, so I wanted to keep it a surprise. But not having insurance, I think everything at the end is going to be a surprise anyway. At least I could be prepared with a name, clothes etc. My family is visiting so I'm hoping I can schedule an elective ultrasound where not having an OB won't be an issue.

#7 ·
We've been team green with the six thus far and plan on the same with this #7.

But kind of exciting for this time around, the last time I had an ultrasound was over 13 years ago with dd2. With dd3 i did have a hospital birth, but the doctor was really not present/invested with anything about me. He really just forgot/didn't realize anything. Then with the next three homebirths I just didn't.

This time around I feel wth my age (38 asy the time of birth), it might be prudent to do so... so I have an ultrasound scheduled for next Thursday -- my birthday!

We're still staying Team Green, but I'm excited to catch a peek at Baby Seven!

Here's a few outfits I've made for Seven thus far.

Attachments

#8 ·
Those are adorable Judybean!

I think we're going to stay tream green this time. I loved knowing with our last but we like to keep it a secret until birth and with our other kids so much older this time I don't think I could keep it from them and if they know then I'm sure the whole world would know :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.