Mothering Forum banner

We are in the home stretch, how you feeling?

3K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  BirthFree 
#1 ·
Hello Mamas, we are coming in close to birthing our little ones! How is everyone doing? I'm more than ready to have my son. (That still looks and sounds weird after having three girls. Hehehe) I am 35w6d. I'm at the point where I'm miserable, my right hip and leg constantly ache, sometimes with shooting pain down the front. I waddle bc of it. My belly is the largest it's ever been! I'm peeing 65 times a night, and sometimes I stay awake, like right now. My feet are swelling, midwife says it's protein related, gotta eat more of it. Yuck, I'm not a big meat fan, and peanut butter and dairy make me sick. I'm also back to vomiting three to four times a day. Hey! I'm living the dream 😜
I'm very excited to birth at home this time. I'm going to purchase my birth supplies this week, and start getting my room ready. Any suggestions for a first time home-birther? I know it's trivial, but I seriously want my house immaculate when I go into labor so my midwife doesn't think we are a bunch of pigs. I can barely move off the couch to do any of this, but my husband does some cleaning, but his of idea of cleaning is throwing everything away, haha. It's hard to keep a house clean with three kids, so I guess I'll settle for a clean kitchen and clean bedroom.

#2 ·
My twins are actually 8 weeks old now. I’ve been too busy to post here, but they were born at 28 weeks, one of their waters broke at 22w6d. So they’re in the NICU and we’re all 4 hours away from home because they needed the higher level NICU at the children’s hospital. We ended up having two boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
My twins are actually 8 weeks old now. I've been too busy to post here, but they were born at 28 weeks, one of their waters broke at 22w6d. So they're in the NICU and we're all 4 hours away from home because they needed the higher level NICU at the children's hospital. We ended up having two boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blessings on your new babies. I will pray they are home with you soon.

#5 ·
Any suggestions for a first time home-birther? I know it's trivial, but I seriously want my house immaculate when I go into labor so my midwife doesn't think we are a bunch of pigs. I can barely move off the couch to do any of this, but my husband does some cleaning, but his of idea of cleaning is throwing everything away, haha. It's hard to keep a house clean with three kids, so I guess I'll settle for a clean kitchen and clean bedroom.
As a midwife assistant I promise, no one will judge. We know how it is and we've seen everything. Unless you are an actual hoarder and there's no room to walk, you're good.

What about eggs? I do those every morning because it's so much protein and easy.

I'm also due 11/21 and feeling much of what you've said. I definitely feel my age, man... but just a few weeks and everything will shift. I suspect I'll hold out past our due date because of the anterior placenta and posterior baby. She's not going anywhere else, like ever. Back labor here I come. [emoji6]

Tips for a first time home birther? Gosh... enjoy. I was kind of uptight and didn't wander in my safe space... but do your thing, enjoy your home and what makes you feel safe there. And best wishes!

#10 ·
I'm technically due in October, but the days are few that remain and I've suspected a November baby anyway.

I'm 40+6 today. No signs of impending labor in the least. Aaaand instead this morning, two of my kids have been puking since 5:30am :/

I have a bunch of laundry to fold (and more to wash now), so... might as well get to that?

#12 ·
I've been having prodromal labor for two weeks now. Pregnancy has never been easy for me, my easiest pregnancy was with my third baby, almost three years. This is by far my hardest pregnancy, so I get you both Leelee and Birth Free. I get it. I think it's bc I have other factors against me. I have three kids, I'm chasing a toddler, I've never had a toddler while pregnant, and I'm older. I didn't realize being older had such an effect on pregnancy, I assumed it would be the same as the past pregnancies. I'm also having a boy after three girls, so I'm not sure if that could be a reason also.

#13 ·
Ohhhh do I hear you on the "older matters". When I carried the surrogate baby I was 37/38, and now I've been 40/41 and man do I feel the difference. I'm *way* more tired, sore, stiffer. Even when I do things to prevent or combat those. My surrogate pg was hard but great, this one is a blessing so much to me, but by far my hardest. I will be for sure finished when she joins our family. Grateful for it all, but I have reached my personal limit. And my acupuncturist compliments me all the time about the strength and youth of my internal energy, so I know if I didn't take such care, it could have been tougher. [emoji171] What an adventure.

#16 ·
Maybe you should hire some help from the outside. I mean, three kids, you with a big belly plus a husband. It is a scenario for a movie comedy. How old are your kids? It is strange that you vomit in this stage of pregnancy. Is everything all right? When my sister was pregnant with the third one, I went to her house almost every day and help her. I know that your husband wants to help, but it is not the same when you have a woman´s touch in the house. If you can afford it, don´t hesitate to hire some woman to help you out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.