Take Shape For Life - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 10-25-2009, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Business Opportunity/Product Name: Take Shape For Life

Brief description: Take Shape For Life offers the opportunity to achieve a healthy body, a healthy mind, and healthy finances. As a client, you quickly and safely achieve a healthy weight. Many clients then become health coaches, and here is the business opportunity - to help others create health just like you did.

Cost/Investment/Price: $199 for the health coach kit, which you can only purchase if you are a client. Client costs are about $10/day during the weight loss phase and that's it - no program fees. If you have no weight to lose, then you pay way less to remain a client. Coaches get paid through TSFL on commission, it is not a client cost.

How long have you been associated with this opportunity/product? 2 months. Although I did not have weight to lose, I went on the program for a week to understand how I would be helping people, and to understand the products. Healthwise, I have learned how to prevent my blood sugar from dropping too low (a "condition" I thought I'd have to live with forever) AND I've learned the secrets to maintaining a steady weight instead of yo-yoing up and down 10lbs every few years. Financially, I have already make back my $199 investment with only 4 clients, and I'm relatively slow at this!

Quality: Excellent support, managed with complete integrity and devotion to creating health in America without relying on drugs or surgery. The health coach service is what distinguishes TSFL from other weight loss programs, but this program is not simply about weight loss. Weight loss is only the first step for many people to creating health. The products themselves are high-quality, pharmaceutical-grade portion-controlled meal replacements which are made by Medifast in their own facility in Maryland. They are not made by some food giant like Heinz (which makes Weight Watchers products). We do NOT sell or stock the products directly, those are ordered by the client directly from TSFL.

Customer Service/Communication: Excellent service from your business coaches. Medifast customer service can sometimes involve up to a 10 minute wait depending what time of day you call.

Would you recommend this Opportunity/Service to others? YES!!

Additional Comments: This is an AMAZING opportunity for any mom interested in losing weight AND helping people lose weight to create health in their lives! Most of us are concerned about body image, and while being overweight alone is not necessarily a reason to lose weight, the preventable diseases that come with being overweight and obese are. Moms need to be in good health in order to take care of their children, that's not up for debate. I'm sure most moms here would agree that if the choice were between losing weight and going on cholesterol, high blood pressure, or diabetic medication, we would all choose to lose weight.

Take Shape For Life uses portion-controlled meal replacements (PCMRs) to help clients acheive a healthy weight quickly and safely, all under the guidance of a health coach. The entire program is medically-supervised. A lot of us moms on mothering.com might have a problem with meal replacements. I know I did in the beginning, and it took me two years to understand the fact that MOST of America does not eat the way the moms on mothering.com do. PCMRs become a healthy alternative to weight watchers, jennie craig, etc and other moms who may eat fast food. Also, it's really not about the food. You can eat totally organic, locally grown, free-range whole foods and still be unhealthy if you're not eating the proper amounts for your body. PCMRs are simply a tool to help people re-learn healthy habits. TSFL does not want people to be on the PCMRs forever, it wants its clients to change their habits for LIFE. If I had become a health coach two years ago, I would be making a lot of $$ right now. Instead, I let my hang ups about the PCMRs being processed food (which they are but they are healthier than ANYTHING you'd find in a conventional grocery store) and this being a "weight-loss thing" (which it's not) prevent me from realizing that this program is very congruent with everything we stand for at mothering.com - and I could have helped literally 1000s of people in those two years! At least there is no shortage of people who need to lose weight in America, so the market will always be there for a long time.

The opportunity thus lies in the ability of TSFL to help clients create health in their lives, AND for those clients who want to become health coaches, TSFL provides a rewarding profession AND income as much or as little as you want to work. But since weight loss is such a powerful advertisement, most coaches have no problem getting clients because people constantly ask them what they did. And if you don't need to lose weight (like me) you can still acquire clients and other health coaches, you might need to work a little harder in the beginning but the motivation is awesome. Get paid to help people get healthy without drugs or surgery, what's not to like??

I give it (How many out of five?):

~ Belinda, single 35 yr old WAHM to two super-cute DDs 8/17/03 and 1/27/07 heartbeat.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page