Advocare - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-21-2004, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I signed up initially in early 2001 to take advantage of a discount with their vitamins/supplements. There are different levels that you can come into this company. The initial, at that time, was 20% discount on all products. You can increase your discount in the standard Multi-Level Marketing manner ... get others to sign up beneath you as distributors.

To REALLY make money on this venture ... you need to be at Advisor Level which is a huge initial investment of $3000.00 (at that time), but gives you 40% off the products and gives you portion of the distributors' purchases and sales in your 'line.'

The products are impeccable and work.
Their research is good - they give you all the information you could want (and more) on the product line.
There is as much training as you can possibly swallow and lots of support.

I dislike the idea of my income being influenced by the sales of others - nor do I like the way that MLM companies 'encourage' you to sort of 'push' your down-line toward higher sales for increased income.

This company wasn't terribly pushy though - allowed you to work at your own rate and I enjoyed the discount while i was still selling to some family and friends that were interested in the product (not really making money). I'm not selling now - and without the continued discount, can't really afford the vitamins and supplements either.

It 'could' be a good money maker with a large investment of time and a good amount of money, BUT the opportunity is there if you want to do it ... work it ... whatever.

I think to go into it thinking that you can make a phone call here and there and come out with big bucks would definitely lead to disillusion fast though.
#2 of 2 Old 07-10-2007, 12:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love Advocare! I am a personal use distributer- and have a 25% discount. The PP is correct that it usually takes $3000 to get the 40% off- but at least right now (and I think about once a year) there is a 'hot deal' where you can be a line of 3 or group of 3 and each place $1000 to get to the advisor level. The products are awesome- I don't think I could live without my Spark and Rehydrate. I don't really sell it- I think people shy away from the sticker price/shock. But if a person drinks pop or gatorade or an energy drink a day then Advocare products would probably save them $. One of my close friends is an advisor and I believe that they make quite a bit of money through commissions and they would never push sales or stocking up. If anyone is interested in more information- pm me!

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page