Close to My Heart-scrapbooking & stamping - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-17-2005, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didnt see ctmh listed yet, so I thought I would share my story. I was spending a lot on scrapbooking supplies and not working..lol not a good combo.. I signed on to ctmh originally to get the discount on my own supplies. In the new consultant kit, they sent me a dvd that told me exactly what to say at a gathering..it was really motivational and I started selling it.

I spent a lot of money the first month : ...like almost $400 on supplies.
but month 2 I did $600 in sales (2 parties) and month 3 i did $1200 in sales..I am in month 4 now and have done $500 so far, with 4 parties left to go this month. They have a really helpful message board for consultants only, with artwork and ideas...Like they posted the flyers about workshops..I just cut and pasted and run 2 workshops a month (a moms one and kids one)

so the pros-it pretty easy to get started and work from home...they tell you what to say,
the stuff is really nice-they have all the 'wow' things like embellishments/hinges etc, the prices aren't bad, the cardstock, paper, markers, inks, embellishments, eyelets, embossing powder, colored pencils and ribbon are all matched...they are all the exact same shade/color and there are 60 colors.
the pages are a true 12x12, the page protectors are sturdy and nice, they have how-to guides
-oh and i get to write off much of my scrapbooking supplies as a business expense! lol as well as mileage to gatherings, my vehicle..etc (but thats just standard wahm perks)
the consultant helpline is wonderful-they are really nice, if you do something like $30,000 or $50k in sales (cant remember), you get to go on a free cruise with your dh

cons-the company is growing a little too fast...like they come with new stuff and it takes awhile for all the bugs to be worked out...stamp pads were not available for about 6 weeks while they changed over...the new markers are still on backorder..going on 2 months now
-ordering... you have to order catalogs separate from anything else, business supplies separate, logo wear separate, display boards separate and then gathering/individual orders have their own thing..

like I cant order a pack of catalogs, customer order forms and a display board on the same ticket... I'd have to put in 3 orders and pay a minimum of $4.75 shipping/order

~mama to some wonderful kids
#2 of 3 Old 04-23-2006, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

Just wanted to add that I've been with the company over a year now and they have really improved their item availability and ordering procedures. I love it now and find it almost automatic to make the quotas.

feel free to pm me if you have any questions

~mama to some wonderful kids
#3 of 3 Old 07-07-2006, 01:14 AM

I love CTMH! I am also a consultant. I joined because I was buying so much, lol!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page