Arbonne! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-16-2006, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here is a little information about Arbonne. It seems to be exploding across the country right now, but still is not heard of in many areas, which means the potential for growth is tremendous.

It is a 26 year old company, but has had about 100% growth the last 3 years, and last year grew 164%. The products are all formulated in Switzerland to be "Pure, Safe, and Beneficial" and made in the USA. All products are botanically based, ph correct, hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested, with no animal testing, no animal products or by-products, no mineral oil, and no chemical dyes or fragrances. The products include skin care (including anti-aging), nutrition, aromatherapy, weight management, and color/cosmetics. All products are results oriented (which means they work) and consumable, which means they are used most every day and so people continue to re-order.

It is network marketing, which means that when you teach and train others to do what you are doing, you get paid on all of those people as well. We refer to it as time-leveraging because you work 10 hours a week, find four others to do the same, they find four others as well, and you are essentially being paid on all of those hours being worked. Also, the products are going straight from the manufacturer to the consumer so the consumer can get a very high quality product at a reasonable price and the consultants can receive unlimited income. We do not carry inventory as consultants. We also can also easily sponsor team members across states. (My sponsor is from Oklahoma, I have sponsored people in Florida, NH, etc.)

The first level of management, that most people get to in their first or second month is District Manager. The average commission is about $300 a month. The second level is Area Manager, which often takes 4-6 months pays between $1000-$4000 a month, the average being about $1500. The third level of management is Regional Vice President, which is often reached in about a year's time. The commission is between $4000-$10,000 a month, the average is about $6800 a month. At this level you also receive the car bonus of a free white Mercedes. The last level of management is National Vice President. The commission is above $10,000 a month and the average at this level is $31,000 a month. I have personal friends at these top levels.

Consultants get 35% off of the products, which most people become even to just get their own products at a discount. There are no "strings attached" to becoming a consultant for $29. The products really are amazing, most people love them as soon as they try them.

Most people are beginning a business with Arbonne because they need more time or more money (or both). It can create financial freedom and a flexible lifestyle. Most of the people on my team do not do "parties", we often just do 15 minute phone calls to share the information and go from there. Everyone is able to sample the products for free before buying or becoming a consultant.

I personally never thought I would do anything like this. My background is in social work, but I wanted to stay home with my son, and this has allowed me to do that while still moving towards our financial goals so that our children have choices as they grow older.

Personally, I think Arbonne is the greatest. The support I get from my team is tremendous and there is an unlimited amount of free online training and a proven system for success with this company. The bonus on top of all of this is that many people joke that Arbonne is a "personal growth company disguised as a skin care company!"

I'd love any feedback or questions people might have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2008, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was so excited about Arbonne, I hosted a party and bought the spiel hook, line, and sinker. I bought the whole skin care line and the whole baby care line plus a bunch of makeup.

Here's the deal- the products smell kind of musty to me, I thought I could get past it, but I can't. The products are (IMHO) ridiculously expensive, on-par with Clinique or any other high-end department store brand.

Some of the products are very harsh- I do not have sensitive skin and rarely have any problems with any product, but the Bronzing powder and the Mineral Makeup burned my skin. I began to sweat and when the makeup got into my pores it started stinging and burning, feeling like a lot of needles in my face! I had to rush home to wash it off, again this has NEVER happened with any other makeup. The eye-makeup remover stung my eyes very badly, almost like putting an alcohol-based toner in them. I called the company to complain and they seemed completely uninterested, neither they nor my consultant ever made any attempt to allow me to get my money back or exchange the items for say, ones that do not burn the skin off my face.

Last gripe about Arbonne: they are VERY packaging heavy- I mean more than I have ever seen. I placed a huge order for my party and a number of products were on backorder I guess so stuff began coming in one or two items at a time. I would get a huge box, open it and find it filled with packaging, dig around and find a lip gloss. So it was like enough packaging for 5 pairs of shoes, as an example, but all just for one lip gloss! Then the lip gloss would be in a box, open it and it is sealed. Why put a sealed product in a box? I hate to pay for packaging and in what makes itself out to be a "natural" eco-conscious company, it was very disappointing.

Sorry to be down about it, as I said I had high hopes for this company, but I was very let-down and ended up feeling used.

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."

User Tag List