Tupperware (Canada) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 12-13-2007, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been working as a Tupperware Independent Consultant for 2.5 years. I am now in the Director program.

I have been really impressed with the whole business, particularly the amount of money I've made relative to the hours I put in. 25% base commission is one of the highest I've seen for home business, plus they give you bonuses based on your monthly sales, rewards for certain sales goals (gifts), and I get a percentage of my team's sales since I have brought new people into the business.

It works okay for someone who just wants to dabble, but it is best if you are more consistent and a little more ambitious, I think. They have changed the way the business works and it is more professional now.

It is a bit expensive to get into ($100 minimum) but they give you some great stuff. Excellent training materials, plus there is online training available and seminars available as well. That $100-140 you spend on the kit can be earned back with your first home party, which is a pretty good deal, I think.

I have been really happy with the quality of the product I am selling, and the customer service we provide.

It works well for my family because if I am away doing parties or at a meeting it's almost always in the evening, and our kids are in bed fairly early so I don't miss much with them. I am a SAHM, and dh is usually able to be with them if I can't. When dd was born, I took a bit of a break, took her to a few parties and just slowed down my biz a bit. Once she was a little older I was able to get back in the swing of things no problem.
We have a Internet side to our business as well which has been great for me. Parties are still the best way to do business, but just straight catalogue ordering, the occasional craft show, fundraisers, word of mouth all works quite well. One of my top consultants doesn't EVER do parties It's not her thing. She does a bit more work to get her sales in, but it works for her.

It is your own business to run, generally how you would like to. There are some rules and guidelines but your creativity in ways to sell and market will go a long way.

The other thing I love about it is that there is a ton of business out there. I have people from all over contacting me looking for local consultants. We are not in a saturated market at ALL, so I know I can just keep growing my business!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page