Barefoot Books - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 05-25-2008, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Barefoot Books is an independent publishing house, publishing Children’s books that “Celebrate Art and Story”

Barefoot Books products fall generally into one of three categories:

Fun First Steps: Our books, sing-along CD’s, Games & puzzles focus on playful, accessible topics that small children love to learn! All of these products feature a combination of early learning themes that will go on helping your child for many years.

Tell Me a Story: These stories are fuel for any child’s imagination. In each one, we aim to strike an effective balance between art and language, helping young readers absorb and enjoy the messages of the stories. We love hearing that adults love them too!

One World, One Planet: From the trade routes of ancient China to the footlights of La Scala, these books encourage youngsters to broaden their horizons in all kinds of directions- musical, theatrical, environmental and cultural-kindling interests and enthusiasms.

Our Mission:
At Barefoot Books, we celebrate art and story that opens the hearts and minds of children from all walks of life, inspiring them to read deeper, search further, and explore their own creative gifts. Taking our inspiration from many different cultures, we focus on themes that encourage independence of spirit, enthusiasm for learning, and sharing of the world's diversity. Interactive, playful and beautiful, our products combine the best of the present with the best of the past to educate our children as the caretakers of tomorrow.

Environmental and Social Policies:
Barefoot Books is committed to the responsible use of natural resources and to fair labor practices. Our books and catalog are printed on ancient-forest friendly paper, and they work with suppliesrs who support the standards set out in the ICTI (International Council of Toy Industries) CARE Process Code for Business Practices.

Eco Partner companies include: Roots and Shoots, Eco-Libris, and The Alliance.

I have been with this company for a while and love the support that they give Stallholders. There is a forum for topics of interest and questions, scheduled conference calls and online chats. It is a worldwide company, but the Stallholder community feels very close to me. I don’t feel like the company or the Stallholders are “out to make a buck”. They really care about the values that Barefoot Books stands for and I really like that in a company. Barefoot Books does not have any start up fees and they have a generous compensation plan, both in $ off and free items. Both of these things make the Stallholding Opportunity a really good way for someone who does not have a lot to invest to be able to start up.

I also really like how there are so many ways to sell the books. You can do home parties, selling online, fundraisers, partner with schools…. All sorts of opportunities depending on how you want to run the business.

I think my favorite part about the company is that Barefoot Books is not just about selling books, they provide Educational Ideas, Lesson Plans, Activity Sheets, Party Plans for many titles. I think that is so helpful that they back up the books with these activities. It really helps parents and teachers make the most of the books and also helps free up time for them!

So for me it is the support of the parents, teachers and stallholders that really makes me feel good about what I do!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page