faint positive line on pregnancy test - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-17-2008, 03:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,
I have been feeling all the symptoms that I did when pregnant with my sons- tender breasts, major fatigue, craving strange things...
I decided to take a pregnancy test even though it's only been like 12 days since my period ended. It was immediately negative(with my other sons' pregnancies, it was immediately positive)so I threw it in the trash. I was joking with my husband that I had gotten a positive pregnancy test and he said he would believe it if he saw it. So, messing with him , I told him to go look in the trash. I see him pull it out of the trash, and get a HUGE smile on his face. He is like, It IS positive. I thought he was messing with me now, so he walks it over to me and there is a faint positive line where before, there was none. I had always had such an immediate positive, that I didn't wait and just trashed it. So, has anyone ever had a false positive? I am afraid to be excited! I took it tonight and I know HCG levels are higher in the morning, so I AM going to re-test in the morning. If I AM pregnant, I am also only about 2 weeks along, so my HCG levels probably are not super high. I found out with both of my sons at 5 weeks. Has anyone had a faint positive line? I have so many emotions right now- scared, excited, nervous to be excited, freaked out at the thought of having babies 16 months apart, even though this IS what I was trying for.. AHHH!!!! Anyone have any similar experiences?

Update: I went and bought more tests tonight bc after googling 'faint positive pregnancy line' I found that waiting past the time limits for tests can create a false positive.
Waited 3 minutes.... still has a very faint positive pregnancy line.
Is it just too early to tell?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 11-17-2008, 11:57 AM

Well, Ive had 5 children, and tested way early with all of them. A faint pink line within the time line is a positive...Congrats! I had me very very faint line this moning. I am due August 4th. We can be preggy buddies,lol.
#3 of 5 Old 11-17-2008, 12:05 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
The trash test isn't valid if it was beyond the 10 minute time limit, but the one that showed a faint line at 3 minutes IS valid. Congrats! :

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#4 of 5 Old 11-17-2008, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

I would LOVE to be preggo buddies, knitterred. Yeah, I took the additional one last night and one this morning- both positive. I called my doctor's office and talked with the nurse- she said I was so early and that's why it's faint. I made my first OB appt and wow, it's starting to feel real. SO EXCITED!!

Nicole
#5 of 5 Old 11-17-2008, 07:54 PM

With this baby, it was so faint when I first tested at 11dpo I asked h if he saw a line too because I thought I might be imagining it.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page