Mothering Forum banner

Why do I have MS with this pregnancy, but not with previous?

499 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  mom2annika 
#1 ·
I'm 7 weeks pregnant with baby #4 and am having some terrible morning sickness. With my previous three pregnancies (plus two miscarriages), I'd have maybe a twinge of nausea here and there. Why the difference? Could it be because I developed hypothyroidism after my last baby and am now on medication for that? That might be an off-the-wall idea, I don't know.

Anyone else experience this?

#2 ·
Are your three children boys?

According to "old wives tales," girls cause more morning sickness, and boys cause more heartburn.

Also, are you taking more iron? (in a prenatal, or whatever.) That causes nausea, as well.

#3 ·
My guess is that your liver has a heavier load from the meds you're on and is not able to process out the extra hormones as efficiently as before, so you have higher hormones levels circulating and upsetting your stomach. If that's the case maybe taking some herbal liver support would help? Shot in the dark...

Hang in there, I know it's tough.

#5 ·
I'm pregnant with a girl, and had no morning sickness either (and now I'm getting waves of heartburn!) so I'm not a big believer in that old wives tale
That's interesting about the liver though... hope you feel better soon mama!

#6 ·
I've got the same problem (I'm 11 weeks). With my 1st 2 (girls) I had nausea, but I was not so sick all the time like I am with this pregnancy. I have thrown up so much that I've lost 10 lbs. I'm also on thyroid meds this time (levothyroxin). I hope we both feel better!

#7 ·
This probably won't make you feel better, but I had severe nausea and vomiting with my second after having it only mildly with my first. I hope that this doesn't happen to you because it lasted for the whole pg. Thankfully though DD2 was born 6 days ago and the nausea went away immediately. Everyone said, it's a boy, it has to be...but now I have two little girls!

Don't be afraid to speak up though if you can't find natural remedies and/or it doesn't subside as you get further along. The sicker you get the harder it is to get over.

GL! and congrats!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.