TMI: What is this white gritty stuff in my VAGINA?!? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-15-2009, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so yesterday i had an appointment with my midwife. Surprise! i'm 13 weeks pregnant with #2 :

i had a perfect urine testing strip. nothing out of the ordinary.

my midwife did a pap smear, checked my cervix ect.

i've had zero discomfort/pain/itching/burning.
so today after a bowl movement i notice some gritty discharge... weird... i feel inside my vagina... the stuff is everywhere!

so what's the deal? is this a yeast infection even though i don't have any "symptoms"? could i have gotten it from my pap smear? and what can i do that's safe for me and my LO?

any thoughts are welcome!! thanks!

Creative - Wife to heartbeat.gif mother to 4  biggrinbounce.gif bouncy.gif jog.gif3rdtri.gifhomebirth.jpgwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gifhomeschool.gif and always praying.gif. (Learning Grace and patience)

#2 of 9 Old 01-15-2009, 04:23 PM

I have never heard of a yeast infection being gritty... and by the time you see white stuff you are really itching and sore down there. It sounds like dried up CM... maybe the pap/exam affected your CM and then DTD caused it to crust up inside of you? Sorry just grasping for straws!
#3 of 9 Old 01-15-2009, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

I'm open to hearing ANYTHING!

thanks for your thoughts

ps. DTD as in "doing the deed" -or- "day to day"?

Creative - Wife to heartbeat.gif mother to 4  biggrinbounce.gif bouncy.gif jog.gif3rdtri.gifhomebirth.jpgwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gifhomeschool.gif and always praying.gif. (Learning Grace and patience)

#4 of 9 Old 01-15-2009, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

#5 of 9 Old 01-15-2009, 10:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I know when I was in the 1st tri (I can't really reach down there too much any more, I haven't done much digging) I had TONS of discharge. I would have never described it as gritty tho.

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#6 of 9 Old 01-15-2009, 11:45 PM

maybe the lube she used when she did the pelvic exam?
#7 of 9 Old 01-15-2009, 11:54 PM

I'd guess it's the lube too..

Wife, Mother and Doula.
#8 of 9 Old 01-16-2009, 01:17 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
If it is yeast (and I too think you'd probably have *some* other symptom), you're in the second trimester, so you can pretty much take any yeast med now (my OB told me this at my last appt). Monistat 7-day is usually recommended. That one doesn't ever work for me, but I think it probably works for many women. Of course, there are natural things you can do too, and they may even work better than the drugs.

Could it have been toilet paper? That would certainly be gritty if it got dissolved while wiping and such.

You can always go to your midwife and get it tested to see if it's yeast. The test is much like a pap.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#9 of 9 Old 01-16-2009, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

well it seems to have cleared out today!

i'm thinking you guys were right. either dryrf cm or perhaps the lube she used.

boscopup: toilet paper is exactly what it felt like at first! but whenn i did further searching and felt it all the way up to my cervix i was sure it couldn't be.

thanks so much guys!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page