Mothering Forum banner

Does your dc have the same initial first, second, last name?

655 views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  *Jade* 
#1 ·
I thought of a new name that might be a possibility but it starts with the same initial as our last name. And My dh added his grand father's middle name which also starts with the same alphabet. (So the name initial is H.H.H). What do you think of this? Anyone who names dc with the same initial all 3?

#3 ·
There's a school of thought that some alliteration is a very good thing (think Jennifer Aniston -- the repetition of the -i-n-i- sounds). And while first and last names beginning with the same consonants isn't an issue (I grew up an RR and it was fine), having all three the same is a little much.

Not a deal breaker though, and if you love the names and they flow well, I wouldn't worry about it.

Unless you're big on monogrammed items, in which case it might get tiresome.

#6 ·
Both my children have two of one initial in their names. I like it that way. I am trying, in vain, to come up w/ names that I & dh like for the baby I'm carrying now. Nothing is coming to mind.

Sus

#7 ·
My initials are CC and bil's are also CC. None of my & dh's children have same initials, though.

Bil's name rolls off the tongue easier than my name, but I think that may be because I have more vowels in my name than bil does and the last name is 2 vowels right after the C.

If it flows nicely and sounds good, then do it.

#8 ·
It wouldn't bother me at all. Never been a big fan of monogramed stuff. I think the initials spelling something is worse like FAT or DDT. lol.

I think we generally worry about names and then in a few weeks you can't imagine calling them anything else, right? Go with your gut!

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by applebean View Post
No, but my husband does, and so does his dad. I don't have a problem with it, but he doesn't feel the need to carry on that tradition if we have a boy.
My boyfriend does as well, and both of his sisters too. We won't be continuing it, just because having meaningful first, second, last names are more important then making them all the same letter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.