Mothering Forum banner

A new way to ask the "planned or unplanned" question

1K views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  lafemmedesfemmes 
#1 ·
One of my friends didn't know that we were TTCing, so it was a surprise when I told her that I'm pregnant. She asked me if it was planned or a surprise, but she phrased the question like this:

"So was this a recruit or a volunteer?"

I thought it was a cute and funny way to ask that question.

See less See more
#10 ·
LOL

I just get asked if this was a "surprise" since my youngest is in 1st grade. I want to say "not really, we have sex all the time so we knew there was a chance" LOL...

I guess asking if it was a surprise is nicer than "mistake" (UGG) or something else!

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MangoMommy View Post
I just get asked if this was a "surprise" since my youngest is in 1st grade. I want to say "not really, we have sex all the time so we knew there was a chance" LOL...
Love it. A checker at the grocery store asked me planned or unplanned when I was pg w/ dd and I was just appalled someone (a stranger no less) would even ask this. It's the kind of question that deserves a clever response.

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MangoMommy View Post
LOL

i absolutely must remember that the next time we conceive. it'll be our third baby (knock wood) so, i'm sure the questions will be coming fast and furious.

to the op: the intent is still kinda nosy and rude, but the phrasing is hilarious!

christina

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.