Stiff, Tingly Hands While Exercising - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-27-2009, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Before getting pregnant this time I was running 12-15 miles a week (over 3-4 days) and doing light resistance training as well (2-3 times a week). I'm still doing the resistance training but have modified it to be lighter and omit certain exercises. My OB and CNM both OK'd me still jogging 3 times a week for 20 minutes. I am 21.5 weeks and have slowed down to no faster than 4.5 on the treadmill. Tonight I was only able to do a fast walk on an incline instead - it felt too uncomfortable to run - didn't hurt but too much pressure on my bladder.

That's OK with me but what was weird and what I also noticed last time I jogged/walked was that my hands started feeling tight/stiff and tingly (can't think of a better way to describe it). Almost as soon as I finish they feel normal again. What is this from? Is it OK?

Happy mama to DD (8-11-05) and DS (6-5-09) and married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2009, 12:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've had that happen too & I think it is a circulation thing. I've noticed along with it my rings get a little bit tighter. Lots of water & bringing down the intensity a little helped me.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

Old 01-27-2009, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have this even when not pg. Don't know why, but it's never caused problems. I do think it's related to circulation, but why that is, I have no idea. Something to ask the doctor about just to know why. I'd be curious to know, too.

User Tag List