Birth prep formulas/ Polly Jean etc? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-03-2009, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What are everyone's thoughts on these? I have some of the Polly Jean but I haven't wanted to take it until 37 weeks as I get a lot of prodromal labor and don't want things to get started too soon or anything. Taking cohosh at 35 weeks just doesn't seem like a great idea. Are there benefits to taking them? Like going less overdue and less risk of hemmorhage as claimed? Trying to decide whether to start taking them or not as I'll be 37 weeks on Friday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2009, 09:39 PM

I am a huge fan of the Polly-Jean formula. My labor with my fourth baby was about 48 hours of good hard labor. I took Polly-Jean with my fifth baby and she was born in under four hours with very little pain and a few good pushes. I had a lot of bleeding with the fourth one and very little with the fifth. It did cause me to have a lot of prodromal labor, but in the end it was worth it. That labor was awesome. I am pregnant with my sixth now and plan on taking the Polly-Jean again with the time comes. I highly recommend the stuff and for me at least, the claims were true!
Old 02-04-2009, 02:00 PM

:

I'm interested too. Maybe post this in the Birthing forums?

User Tag List