Nov/Dec 2003 (Dec 15th~Jan 1st) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 102 Old 12-22-2003, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah Sizzkid!!!!

Esme is one of the names I had picked out for a girl. So pretty.

My closest friend here had her baby the same day as me - an hour and 1/2 earlier. She had a girl. And I just found out one of my best friends back home is due with her 3rd in 6 weeks! I hadn't talked to her since I found out I was pregnant. I so wish I were back in texas. Her dd and my son were best friends too...

Well, just a few December babes left to go... Pretty amazing!
#62 of 102 Old 12-22-2003, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Congratulations Sizzkid!!

Chelly~
Christy has not so bad weather and a sea world too!!!

Christy~ Remember back in january when parts of Florida hit an all time low temp?
I was there! Just my luck, go to Busch and all the animals are put away, all the rides closed....because they wont open them below a certain temp.
#63 of 102 Old 12-22-2003, 06:42 PM

Just had to post a quick picture. My milk just came in so all he** is breaking loose at the moment.

Esmé

Mom to dd1 7/00 reading.gif, dd2 12/03 upsidedown.gif, and ds 2/07 afro.jpg - home forever 9/07
In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul. -Lisa T. Shepherd
#64 of 102 Old 12-22-2003, 08:04 PM

Chelly~MIL and SIL actually live in Fairfield, CA. They were wondering how bad the earthquake was...MIL was worried about it. Is everything ok where you are? she spoke to her hubby for a sec and he said everything was fine...he didn't even know they had an earthquake, LOL.

Tammi~yeah, that cold weather sucked. it's not so bad now, but I'm still not taking Sage out for a stroll any time soon. We went to my mom's house for one day b/c my grandparents drove 4 hours to see us, then turned around and drove back. but that's all that she's been outside our house. I hope it stays warm like this for Christmas, b/c we're going over to mom's on chris. eve and chris. day...santa is bringing Sage ***lots*** of gifts this year, LOL.

so i hope 1jooj is doing ok....

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#65 of 102 Old 12-22-2003, 08:48 PM

We didn't feel the quake down here either....... I saw it on the news this morning, it was a BIG one, and they're expecting some big after shocks, which we won't feel either.
#66 of 102 Old 12-22-2003, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

sizzkid~
How do you pronounce that name?
Beautiful baby!
#67 of 102 Old 12-23-2003, 10:34 AM

It's A Girl!!!!

Brynn Louise

Arrived Dec 10th
8lbs 15.1 oz 21 inches
via C-Sec

Ladies, when the proverbial S--t hits the fan with preeclampsia(HI HI bp AND PROTEIN )there is not much you can do but get the baby OUT!!!!
We decided for my safety and babies to do the C-sec . I was also told that due to my having Gestational diabetes (well controlled I might add by diet) that baby was measuring 10 +/- 2 lbs with shoulders that were bigger then the head- thus causing alarm for shoulder dystocia.
I was 2 cm dilated, cervix soft but very long 8cm. MW said labor could have been very long (and of course induced) .

SO, thats it. My beautiful baby girl is here, nurses like a champ, sleeps like a champ ( I get to nurse/sleep at night!!!!!) and is already 10 lbs. what more could I ask for for Christmas????

I can also do a vbac if I choose to do this again. Probably not!!!

Lisa
#68 of 102 Old 12-23-2003, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WickidaWitch
sizzkid~
How do you pronounce that name?
Beautiful baby!
Perhaps Ez-May ?
Thats how I would pronounce the name.
#69 of 102 Old 12-23-2003, 12:46 PM

Congratulations Lisa,
Sorry you had to deal with Pre-eclampsia - thats got to be tough.....

Sounds like you're doing well and enjoying your "christmas present"!!
#70 of 102 Old 12-23-2003, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations Lisa!
#71 of 102 Old 12-23-2003, 01:18 PM

Woo-Hoo!

Sizzkid--they DO share a birthday!

Meryem was born at 2:48 PM on Dec 20.

Labor didn't get rough until 9 AM or so, so it was exhausting but OK for most of the job. After they got the first dose of antibiotics in (which, by the way, no one told me would burn and hurt worse than contractions--ouch), I spent about 3 hours in the Jaccuzzi tub, jets on, jets off, etc. I had to go back to my room for the second dose of penicillin, and then things got serious. My water had yet to break (I requested they leave it and they did), which was actually ideal with the GBS situation. So, I "vocalized" (my mother would call it yelling, but I was not panicking, I just needed to make a lot of noise) my way to 9cm, when the everyone agreed it would be OK to break my water, which was causing awful pressure at this point. So, the ob on call broke it, and before he could come back in ready to catch, I was screaming the baby out. I think she was out in about 6 pushes altogether (which was again ideal with the whole GBS thing) and he did make it in to catch her. He also joked that her middle name should be Tarzan (because of my screaming).

No cutting, one skid mark, no stitches...my bottom feels so great compared to last time! Wow! Milk is already in, she is nursing like a real pro, and she has the most expressive little face--smiles a LOT! She's a little yellow, so we have a bili check tomorrow morning (yikes--ped office in the middle of a flu epidemic) first thing...ds was a little yellow too, so I am sure she'll be just fine. Just trying to keep her pooping now.

Some friends did come with digital cameras, so I am hoping they email photos soon, and I can send one along to share.

Dh only had to take 3 FMLA days to get 2 weeks' leave with us. This is good and bad, of course, since he is constantly underfoot and is really poor at taking care of things. He's trying though, and today is our anniversary--6 years.

Oh--btw--she was born 6lb 11.5oz, 18.75in, 14in perfectly round head, thick black hair and black eyes.
#72 of 102 Old 12-23-2003, 01:35 PM

WoooHooo Congrats 1jooj.... Sounds like things went really well... your "hard" labor part was almost the same as mine, my water broke at 9:30ish and Gillian was born at 2:26pm

Congrats to you and your family!
#73 of 102 Old 12-23-2003, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations 1jooj!
Can't wait to see your baby pictures!
#74 of 102 Old 12-23-2003, 03:18 PM

1jooj ~ I hope the bili level check comes out well for you. I had to have Jessica in the hospital for a week after she was born because of jaundice. It was so scary. Whatever you do, don't let the ped tell you not to breastfeed! Mine told me to stop bfing, and since I didn't know any better (and though the doctor should know these things) I listened to her. I still think that had I just kept bfing, things wouldn't have gotten as bad as they did.

I haven't been over here much lately, the baby keeps me busy so congratulations to all the new mommies, and welcome to all our little ones.
#75 of 102 Old 12-23-2003, 03:34 PM

Congratulations 1jooj!

Wow! That sounds like an amazing birth. I can't wait to see a picture! Emma was yellow for days after birth, and we just sat with her by the window. It cleared right up. Esmé was a bit yellow yesterday morning, but she's looking much better now that my milk has come in. If they want to do a billi treatment on her, you can do what my friend did and insist that the attach the lights to the side of a hospital bed and get in with her.

Chelly, you're right. It is pronounced Ez-may.

Mom to dd1 7/00 reading.gif, dd2 12/03 upsidedown.gif, and ds 2/07 afro.jpg - home forever 9/07
In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul. -Lisa T. Shepherd
#76 of 102 Old 12-23-2003, 03:38 PM

Congratulations Lisa!

Sorry, I didn't mean to miss you in my last post. That is the reason for c-sections, emergencies! I'm glad both you and Brynn are ok!

#77 of 102 Old 12-23-2003, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sizzkid
[BIf they want to do a billi treatment on her, you can do what my friend did and insist that the attach the lights to the side of a hospital bed and get in with her. [/B]
I wish I had known they could do something like that. Having her in the incubator was just so horrible! I'd much rather have been able to lay with her.
#78 of 102 Old 12-23-2003, 05:51 PM

My sister's first baby was yellow, and they delivered a wallaby to them at home (light blanket).

Meryem is not very yellow at all--I think it is in part because she is a little dark-complected, and the ped just wanted to be sure and C her A. Baby's poop is already lightening up, and to me she looks pink. We have an extended bfer for a ped, so I would never expect to be told to stop by her.

And Lisa, I wish you the best for your recovery...hope you are feeling well!
#79 of 102 Old 12-23-2003, 09:01 PM

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I am recovering just perfectly. The nurses in fact could not believe I was up and walking rather normally 12 hours after surgery.
For those that have had a c-section the intestional gas is the horrific side effect (they move around your intestines so much). But Brynn is a beautiful delicious 10 lbs already.
My body now gets to do something good for this babe - making heavy cream.

Happy holidays to you all. Thanks for letting me share and be part of all your births.

Lisa
#80 of 102 Old 12-23-2003, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MuttiLiLi

For those that have had a c-section the intestional gas is the horrific side effect (they move around your intestines so much).
Lisa
I had a c-section for my son (4 years ago) and the worst part was an air bubble that got up into my shoulder..... it was the most horrific pain for weeks, and it would move from one side to the other - just HORRIBLE......

I'm glad you are recovering so well!
#81 of 102 Old 12-24-2003, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
congrats to all the mamas and new babies! it's been awhile since i posted, but i've been lurking while baby (and sometimes big sister) nurses.

let's see, congrats to plaid leopard and baby felix, sizzkid and baby esme, 1jooj and baby meryem, and muttilili and baby brynn (i have a niece who's name is brynna). lotsa love all around

i hope i didn't leave anybody out, but here's some extra if i did!

anybody still need some ?

happy holidays all!

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
#82 of 102 Old 12-26-2003, 07:07 PM

Congratulations everyone! I think we are all done for Nov/Dec births!! WOW!! There are afew ppl who haven't posted to the boards in awhile that should have had their babies by now, but hopefully they will get in touch soon.

I've updated the website with all the new baby info!!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#83 of 102 Old 12-27-2003, 03:24 AM

Well, ladies, Dyson Patrick is here!!!!

He was born on Dec 21st at 7:37 am and was 8#'s 1 oz and 20.5 inches!!!

Dyson's birth

Birth story
#84 of 102 Old 12-27-2003, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations Acystay!

Do we have no Christmas eve/day babies???
Are you sure that's everyone Christy?
#85 of 102 Old 12-27-2003, 12:42 PM

How can I share a picture or 3?

I have Meryem on disk from friends now, and I can email an attachment, but I am not set up with any kind of photo page, and I have no experience dealing with this stuff. Help? I'd love to show you mamas my new sweet thing!
#86 of 102 Old 12-27-2003, 09:48 PM

TNAK!!!!! NO KIDDING!BOTH ARE HOOKED ON,AND HERE I TYPE!WOW!!!

O.K. yay to all the new babies!Lisa,I love the name Brynn,It was my 2nd choice,and IF(big if!) I ever am preggo again,I plan to call it Brynn as a womb-name.It means something like little hill...so sweet!

:::
#87 of 102 Old 12-28-2003, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 1jooj

I have Meryem on disk from friends now, and I can email an attachment, but I am not set up with any kind of photo page, and I have no experience dealing with this stuff. Help? I'd love to show you mamas my new sweet thing!
Try BABIESONLINE.COM Its really easy to set up.......... and easy to upload your photos, it took me only a few minutes to set up mine.

Check out mine..... http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gillianemmalyn/

Password is hbac
#88 of 102 Old 12-28-2003, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by acystay
Well, ladies, Dyson Patrick is here!!!!

He was born on Dec 21st at 7:37 am and was 8#'s 1 oz and 20.5 inches!!!

Dyson's birth

Birth story
CONGRATULATIONS ACYSTAY...... well done!!
#89 of 102 Old 12-28-2003, 02:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by 1jooj
If you cant figure it out I'll post one for you.
#90 of 102 Old 12-28-2003, 02:42 AM

All the babes are soooooooo cute. LOVE looking at all their pictures & seeing all those adorable faces. Thought I'd share:

Rosaline Emerald

Hello World!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page