No-Stresser Pregnant Zen Queens - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 111 Old 02-19-2009, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I prefer calculating from the date of O. I O'ed on CD 22 and if I went by LMP my dates would be way off. the other reason I don't like using LMP is that in my case if I were seeing an OB and they dated my pregnancy from LMP and I didn't go into labor when they expected I should, I would be pressured for an induction when really my due date is over a week later. Luckily, though, I see a midwife who trusts that I know what I'm talking about!

I haven't been coming over here lately because I wasn't feeling Zen enough about this pregnancy and didn't want to infect everyone with my silly worries. I got pregnant right after a miscarriage with no period in between so I was feeling a little freaked out but my symptoms have increased so much in the last week that I'm feeling VERY sticky vibes from this LO. I'm happy to be more zen now and happy to re-join up with all of you. Tear78 I don't see you posting in the Oct DDC anymore. Are you just sticking over here?

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#62 of 111 Old 02-19-2009, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Firewoman, yay! I'm glad you're feeling more confident, and sorry to hear about your previous m/c. You give a very good reason for going with the O date. I have been lurking on the Oct DDC, but apparently not posting much. Sorry. I do try to skim over there because I'm selfishly trying to avoid reading scary posts. However, don't feel like you need to keep your worries out of here! We're here to help you assume the best amidst your worries. I think we're all quietly feeling them, too, and it sometimes just helps to share them. I'm glad you're back!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#63 of 111 Old 02-19-2009, 01:18 PM

I can understand wanting to shield yourself from the scary posts. I'm a glutton for punishment and scan all the DDC's on the main page. I try not to read the ones titled with miscarriage titles, but I really want to support those mamas and I know how they feel so I almost always read them and post.

I'm going to the chiropractor this morning and hopefully that will help me work towards being more zen. Also, with my four babies being home this week, we have been taking long walks around the neighborhood to get the children's energy out and it is very relaxing. What are the rest of you doing to stay relaxed, other than reading this thread?

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#64 of 111 Old 02-19-2009, 02:34 PM

I've resorted to sleeping as an escape/relaxation mechanism. I feel mildly ill all day long, and then at about 3:30PM it turns bad. It's all I can do to hang on until 8:30 after the kiddos go to bed. Then I go to sleep just to escape the nausea and dizzy, muddy head feeling. I think calling it morning sickness is a twisted little joke, and surely it was a man who started calling it that. I think it should officially be called the pregnancy plague. :Puke

My DH has been so great, though. He is cooking dinner these days and doing the dishes (because the smell of the dish soap makes me turn totally green!!!). I feel worthless these days and I can't wait for the plague to end. I do try to take it as a good sign that all my hormones are doing just what they are supposed to be doing, and that's why I'm so ill, but I'd gladly do without it. I'm pretty sure this is the worst I have ever had it before. hopefully it will not last long. Thanks for letting me rant. I'll stop my little pity party now.

Tear78, I don't think she's testing until tomorrow....: so we'll have to wait for her until then!

octobermoon, I noticed that site doesn't count your O day as the first day of conception, but the next day. That's why it gives you a day later. I agree that LMP is inaccurate when you know exactly when you O'd, but as far as weeks go, I still think it's better to just add 14 days to your O date and count your weeks that way. Since all of the dates you'll get as far as fetal development, etc. will go from the LMP date, you'd be two weeks behind if you went by conception. Also, the whole "40 weeks of pregnancy" thing goes from LMP, not O date. Good luck with the acupuncturist. I think she must have your dates wrong.

Brin, wife to my best friend , mother of three . and now homeschooling!!!
#65 of 111 Old 02-19-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewoman View Post
What are the rest of you doing to stay relaxed, other than reading this thread?
walking a lot. dh and i went to a beautiful garden last weekend and walked around all day. it was very relaxing. dh has been really sweet. he has taken to reading to me and : every night which is really relaxing!
taking things easy and not making myself feel guilty if i can't get everything accomplished.

brinalicious i like your pregnancy plague theory. i too feel nauseous all day (luckily i haven't spewed, although seeing your icon almost made me j/k).

Angel (30), dh (31) (kd to H. 4/25/07 & K. 5/23/11), Vladimir 10/17/09 & Nikolai 7/6/11

#66 of 111 Old 02-19-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewoman View Post
What are the rest of you doing to stay relaxed, other than reading this thread?
Taking care of a toddler with pneumonia, working two part-time jobs, and trying desperately to keep the house livable! I feel like I am going to drown!!

: I just got my test results back. I had to call the doc's office for them. Don't they realize we are sitting with our phones in hand waiting for them to call with our levels?!?

Anyway, they are good! My hCG was 159.8 at 16DPO and 493.9 at 18DPO! And my progesterone is 31.87. I feel like now I can breathe a huge sigh of relief. I was terrified of a blighted ovum (like my 1st pg), so these levels show that everything is progressing normally. I now resolve to be truly zen!

firewoman - Glad you're getting "sticky" vibes!

RavenStar - Yay! Isn't that the best?!

Mommy to a boy (6), girls (4&2), and our baby boy (8 months)

Missing Ashlyn 10/18/06 and Brennan 10/18/10
#67 of 111 Old 02-21-2009, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by astar326 View Post
walking a lot. dh and i went to a beautiful garden last weekend and walked around all day.
oh wow, that sounds wonderful!!! It's way too cold and snowy here for that, but maybe I could lie down and dream of beautiful bright warm places! Like brin, I feel totally worthless in taking care of responsibilities. This is accentuated by a week of vacation where my biggest activity as been to : and sometimes . Luckily, DH keeps reminding me of what hard work it is to grow a baby. I have so many aspirations, to go swimming, do my prenatal pilates, go for hikes, cross-stitch a blanket......but honestly I mostly find my zen by watching Deep Space Nine DVDs with DH under my blanket on the couch and falling asleep. Does anybody else feel like they have been drugged? I can't keep my eyes open!!! :yawning:

mom-to-jj, I know I posted this for you somewhere already, but YAY! I'm so glad your levels are good! :

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#68 of 111 Old 02-21-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
. Does anybody else feel like they have been drugged? I can't keep my eyes open!!! :yawning:
i fall asleep almost every night on the couch watching tv. dh has had to pick up my slack on our night time rituals (taking care of the pets, locking up, making his lunch, etc.). almost every time i'm in front of the tv, i fall asleep.

Angel (30), dh (31) (kd to H. 4/25/07 & K. 5/23/11), Vladimir 10/17/09 & Nikolai 7/6/11

#69 of 111 Old 02-21-2009, 12:52 PM

My pregnancy plague has started too. General nausea all day long! I wasn't quite expecting that. I was thinking I'd get nauseated, throw up, then be done with it. It's made getting out of the house a challenge, although at the same time I think I do better with some distraction. Ginger ale helps--but I don't really want to be drinking pop all time--any lower calorie/less sugary options? Peppermint tea helps somewhat too, but I like cold stuff better it seems.

I redid my due dates according to that new site you guys just posted and it puts me at Oct 23rd now. I did it according to my O-day at amazingpregnancy.com too but it gives me Oct 22nd there. What's up with that? I think that since I'm a primipara, I'll just go for the latest date, but it's still a little confusing.

Mama to P. born at home 10/09, and W. born in the hospital 2/13

#70 of 111 Old 02-22-2009, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Updated for the new week! Let me know if I cut/pasted someone wrong. Cileag, sorry you're feeling nauseous now! I had my first bout yesterday, too. It was very, VERY sudden. One second I was eating cereal on the couch, the next second I was running to the bathroom. Luckily, I didn't actually lose my breakfast. hopefully it was a one-time deal. I may have brought it on by eating ice-cream in the morning.

Last day of February vacation - HOW AM I GOING TO GO BACK TO TEACHING TOMORROW!?! : Do you think they'll let me take naps under my desk?

Remembering our 3 losses

#71 of 111 Old 02-22-2009, 12:54 PM

I've had a few weeks of slight nausea, but nothing terrible. I attributed it to fatigue and getting over a bug my daughter brought home from school before I knew I was pregnant.

On the upside though- it's pretty well faded away over the last week or so since I've paid attention to trying to keep *something* in my stomach at all times.
#72 of 111 Old 02-22-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:

Last day of February vacation - HOW AM I GOING TO GO BACK TO TEACHING TOMORROW!?! : Do you think they'll let me take naps under my desk?
Oh yeah, I hear ya. I'm in the same boat. I just hope that the kids will distract me enough to make me forget how yucky I feel. And I'm worried how tired I'll be after school... Have you told your students yet? I'm debating on whether to tell mine this week. These kids I've had since first grade (now in third), so we're like family. But I know as soon as I tell them, it's basically public knowledge. I'll be 7 weeks Wednesday. Hmmmm.

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#73 of 111 Old 02-23-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cileag View Post
My pregnancy plague has started too. General nausea all day long! I wasn't quite expecting that. I was thinking I'd get nauseated, throw up, then be done with it. It's made getting out of the house a challenge, although at the same time I think I do better with some distraction. Ginger ale helps--but I don't really want to be drinking pop all time--any lower calorie/less sugary options? Peppermint tea helps somewhat too, but I like cold stuff better it seems.

I redid my due dates according to that new site you guys just posted and it puts me at Oct 23rd now. I did it according to my O-day at amazingpregnancy.com too but it gives me Oct 22nd there. What's up with that? I think that since I'm a primipara, I'll just go for the latest date, but it's still a little confusing.
I'm so sorry to hear you are ill, too. I am trying to avoid high sugar drinks, too, but can't drink very much water at a time or it makes me really queasy. Right now I HATE anything ginger flavored, but I have had some luck with orange juice (diluted with a little bit of water). Gatorade makes a lower-calorie drink now too, which is pretty good, and better than soda. These are all things that I would NEVER drink normally. I pretty much just drink water all day, usually, but right now I'll take whatever I can!

I've been sick for over a week now and I pray every day that it's going to stop soon. It's so demoralizing to feel so bad everyday. Mine is like clockwork. I feel crummy all day until about 3PM and then it gets really bad. Of course, this is right when I pick my 2 boys up from school...so I'm pretty much useless to them. It feels like I get the flu every day at 3PM. I'm nauseated, my head pounds, I feel hot, I'm totally exhausted...I feel like I just want to crawl up into a ball and go to sleep. Pretty much everything tastes bad, but I can at least keep down what I eat.

My mom invited us over for Sunday dinner last night (I told her that I'd just have to lay on the couch the whole time), and then without telling me, she also invited somebody else over. I was so mad when we showed up and his car was in front of their house. If she had told me that he was going to be there, I never would have come. Being sick in front of people who aren't your family feels awful, and he doesn't know I'm pregnant. I'm still totally irked about it. Anyway, sorry to just spend my whole post complaining. I'm not very happy these days, but I really want to be.

#74 of 111 Old 02-23-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Updated for the new week! Let me know if I cut/pasted someone wrong.
Tear - I am 5w 0d according to pregnology.com, so should I be moved back a week on the list?

Hope all you gals with ms...(or all-day S!) start to feel better soon so you can enjoy your pregnancies!

#75 of 111 Old 02-23-2009, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

brin, I'm sorry you're feeling so yucky! Your mom wasn't being very empathetic. She probably wasn't thinking about your situation when she invited him. boooo! Feel better soon!

BHappy, I'm afraid to tell my students, or anybody at school, because I don't yet have tenure and the economic situation is not that great. I don't know if I'll be able to hide it until I get a contract though. I want that baby to keep growing and sticking!

confustication, phooey on feeling sick! I'm sorry it has been hard. I'm glad it's lessening now.

Ok, ladies, I need some of your zen. I woke up with some bright red spotting on my tissue this morning. It hasn't happened again since, but I'm scared. The doc says it could be because of DH and me having some whoopie yesterday. She's going to give me an ultrasound this afternoon. I'm so nervous! Hopefully this will be just a blessing in disguise: I get to have an ultrasound several weeks before I expected, and I called in sick to school so I get to see my sis and niece and BIL again before they fly back to CA this afternoon. Keep me in your thoughts please!

Remembering our 3 losses

#76 of 111 Old 02-23-2009, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

ps - mom-to-jj I just saw your post. I listed everybody according to the week they are working on, not the week they have finished. I thought it would be fun to peek ahead that way. I can still move you back though if you want?

Remembering our 3 losses

#77 of 111 Old 02-23-2009, 03:02 PM

Tear78: I'm sending lots of zen, and prayers, your way. I think the spotting is probably totally nothing, but it's good that you are going to be able to have an u/s to check it out. That ought to ease your mind. Please let us know how it goes.

#78 of 111 Old 02-23-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
ps - mom-to-jj I just saw your post. I listed everybody according to the week they are working on, not the week they have finished. I thought it would be fun to peek ahead that way. I can still move you back though if you want?
In that case, leave me where I am. 6w looks like more fun than 5w!

I had spotting with DS once after BDing, and of course that was the only reason for it.: for you to see a little bean with a strong heartbeat today!

#79 of 111 Old 02-23-2009, 05:53 PM

Tear You are in my thoughts. Here's hoping it was just because you BD and the baby is doing fine. I know it is possible to have spotting during pregnancy and still carry a baby to term...but it's not anything we ever want to see. Hoping for the best.

Yesterday my belly was so round earlier in the day. I really started to wonder if there's more than one in there. Twins run in my husbands family, so I guess it's possible.
I've been putting my hands on my lower belly at night before I fall asleep to see if I could feel anything. I feel little movements on the left side where our midwife heard the heartbeat. They are so slight but feel different than gas. hmmm.

Married Mama to two girls, A (4/06) and I (9/09).

#80 of 111 Old 02-23-2009, 06:52 PM

Tear78 lots of Zen and for you! I hate spotting! Good luck at your ultrasound. I can't wait for you to come back and tell us you saw the thumping of your baby's heart!

#81 of 111 Old 02-23-2009, 09:25 PM

Tear. Good thoughts headed your way!

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#82 of 111 Old 02-23-2009, 10:39 PM

hoping for the best tear! :
#83 of 111 Old 02-24-2009, 04:31 PM

Tear, how are you doing? We haven't heard from you since yesterday. My thoughts and prayers are still with you.

AFM: My m/s has gotten so bad that I finally called my CNM's office today. I have an appointment at 2:30PM with some other Dr. in the practice. I have no idea what they will do at my appt., this will be my first with this pregnancy. I'm just hoping to get some relief. Wish me luck.

#84 of 111 Old 02-24-2009, 06:20 PM

Tear hope all went well w/ your u/s. :

#85 of 111 Old 02-24-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinalicious View Post
Tear, how are you doing? We haven't heard from you since yesterday. My thoughts and prayers are still with you.

AFM: My m/s has gotten so bad that I finally called my CNM's office today. I have an appointment at 2:30PM with some other Dr. in the practice. I have no idea what they will do at my appt., this will be my first with this pregnancy. I'm just hoping to get some relief. Wish me luck.
Sorry to hear about the bad sickness, brinalicious. I hope you find relief soon. Hope the appt. went well, too! We're about the same way along, you and I. My due date is the 14th. My m/s is just kicking into gear, but without too much of a kick. Just queasiness when I awaken in the am and then throughout the day randomly. I'm having the "nothing sounds good but I feel I need to eat" syndrome.

I just told the children in my 3rd grade class the news today : It was so fun to see their realization as I told a story in which a new child is coming... Some of the girls were so nonchalant about it, and then ran screaming to tell the news when their moms picked them up after school! Very sweet.

Hope this finds all of you well!

#86 of 111 Old 02-24-2009, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Ladies,

Thank you for all of your well wishes. I wish I could report good news, but I can't. There's no heartbeat, and no baby. Only a placenta in there. I'm just waiting to m/c now. Please take strength from your m/s, because it's a good sign and the midwife said that she never heard of anybody with m/s having this particular thing happen to them.

Can somebody take over this thread? I want you guys to carry on the zen. I just can't update it, that's too hard. I will pm anybody interested with the hmtl code, it's really easy from there. That way I can join you again in a couple months. (think positive) Thank you so much for the love and support! : to you. You are all healthy, zenful mamas. Keep it up!

Remembering our 3 losses

#87 of 111 Old 02-24-2009, 09:38 PM

oh tear i'm so sorry. please take care, i will miss you.
#88 of 111 Old 02-25-2009, 02:17 AM

Tear, I am so sorry. Please know that you're in our thoughts.

Married Mama to two girls, A (4/06) and I (9/09).

#89 of 111 Old 02-25-2009, 12:35 PM

Tear, I am so sorry. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you are back here very soon. I will miss you very much

#90 of 111 Old 02-25-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHappy View Post
Sorry to hear about the bad sickness, brinalicious. I hope you find relief soon. Hope the appt. went well, too! We're about the same way along, you and I. My due date is the 14th. My m/s is just kicking into gear, but without too much of a kick. Just queasiness when I awaken in the am and then throughout the day randomly. I'm having the "nothing sounds good but I feel I need to eat" syndrome.
I'm glad to have a due date buddy. I'm sorry you are having m/s, but I'm glad for you that it isn't interfering with your life too much. Mine is debilitating. I saw a doctor yesterday to get some help for it. He was kind of funny. He said, "Oh, is this your first?" I said, "No, this is my third, and I've never had it this bad before. I can't do anything in the afternoon because it's so bad." He said, "Well, we really don't know why it's worse with some pregnancies than with others. Sometimes it's because there's twins." : When I told my mom that this morning she said, "Well, you know twins run in my family." Nope. No way. Not me!!!!

At any rate, he prescribed an anti nausea medication, phenergren (sp?). I took a half a pill after I picked up the prescription, around 5PM, and although I still felt nauseated I was able to eat a pancake and some bacon at my church's "Fat Tuesday" pancake supper. My DH had to take my oldest to Scouts, so he dropped me off at home first. I sat down on the couch and was out cold by 7PM. So, I guess the medication works by totally knocking you out. Hmmm. That isn't helpful. I can't take it during the day, then, and I'm still worthless at night, but at least not in misery. I truly am taking it as a good sign that I have the m/s, but I can't wait until it ends. Sorry for the rant.

How is everyone else doing?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page