Help this picky couple figure out names for their twins! - Mothering Forums
1 2  3  ... Last
I'm Pregnant > Help this picky couple figure out names for their twins!
holyhelianthus's Avatar holyhelianthus 02:18 PM 02-10-2009
This is the first time we have ever asked naming advice. I love love love names and have had so many set out since I was about 10. But this time we're having a hard time with names. One thing is the whole possibility (please please PLEASE!!!) of a boy (or 2!) but the main thing is naming twins and that these are our LAST! The pressure is on.

We already have some rules that we made with baby #1 on naming our kids...
  • Can't be too common now or in the past 50 years or so (think names like Thomas or Brittney or Caleb or Steven or Chloe etc etc I love love LOVE the name Henry but it is too common).
  • None of our kids can have the same first letter (my sister and I are "M"s and my mom and her 2 siblings are "D"s and we hate it)
  • They will have Tolkien related middle names.
  • The first letter of their first name is the same as their middle.
  • All our kids names have to somewhat go together. Flow in a way. Make sense in a group.
Ok so looking at that we seem really anal. But I think we have come up with beautiful names so far. This is the only time there has been any stress or uncertainty. We usually have the names set early on.

We have leaned on the old fashioned first names so far. They are-
Lilith Luthien, Mable Mirkwood, and Olive Onodrim.

We are thinking if we have a boy we might change the rules a bit as we might only have one and give him 2 "regular" names we like and then a Tolkien middle name that doesn't have to be the same letter. We are also thinking the same first letter for siblings rule can be changed for twins.

BUUUUUUT we are afraid of doing the "twin name thing" and matching the names too closely thus making our kids lives miserable (although really at some point they are going to hate us for their names no matter what we do). They are already going to get a lot of stuff for being twins why make it worse?

Basically we want to narrow it down to 2 girls and 2 boys for now.

So is anyone interested in diving in and helping an picky mom and pop name their last 2 kids? It might be a challenge!

Our possibles so far are...

GIRL (DH won't help me with this as he is bent on having boys)
Elanor (spelled this way on purpose. She would be our only girl with both of her names Tolkien)
Byrd
Tessa

BOY (top 2 are my picks. Bottom ones are DH's. We can't agree!)
Hyrum (not 100% on the spelling here. Could be Hiram or Hirum as well)
Solomon
~+~+~+~+
Atticus
Noam

We'll cross the middle name bridge when we come to it. :

BTW- I hope we didn't offend anyone by being so picky. Nothing against the names Thomas, Brittney, etc. All names are beautiful. Some just aren't for us.

Ianthe's Avatar Ianthe 02:30 PM 02-10-2009
The first name that came to mind for a girl was Hazel

Quote:
I'm off to find more :
Girls:
Ruby
Pearl (Ruby and Pearl would be pretty Matchy, but in a cute way)
Clara
Vera
Viola
Stella
June
Nora
Fern
Roxie

Boys:
Walter
Arthur
Eugene
Corbin
Casper
Chester
Everett
Ernest
Edgar
Calvin
suprgrl's Avatar suprgrl 02:31 PM 02-10-2009
Okay, I'll give it a go.

Girls:

Sada (SAY-da)
Agnes (nn Aggie?)
Agatha (nn Aggie?)
Edith
Ethne (ETH-nee)
Riven
Lydia

Boys:

Riven
Cassius
Augustin
Lincoln (nn Link)
Atlas
Atom
Basil
Sloane
Mattox
Silas (my ds1 )
Ezrael (my ds2 )
Archer (ds2's middle name)
holyhelianthus's Avatar holyhelianthus 02:49 PM 02-10-2009
Oh I love Hazel!

I snipped up your post a bit, suprgrl...
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprgrl View Post
Okay, I'll give it a go.

Girls:

Agnes (nn Aggie?)
Agatha (nn Aggie?)
Edith
Ethne (ETH-nee)

Boys:

Cassius
Augustin
Basil
Silas (my ds1 )
Ezrael (my ds2 )
Love these.
I was named for my great grandmother but her name was actually Agnes Margaret. I have always wished my mom had named me Agnes instead. LOVE Agatha. We once thought of going with the "ith"s and having Lilith, Judith, and Edith. Silas is awesome. It reminded me we have a family name I love- Ilsley (don't ask why because I don't know).
zinemama's Avatar zinemama 03:01 PM 02-10-2009
Girls: Alice and Lydia

Boys: I really like your picks, especially Noam and Solomon. Atticus is a little trendy. I like Hiram, too. But please don't spell it Hyrum or Hirum! I realize you're going for kree8tyv (alas, a huge sin in my book). But those versions just scream "I can't spell!"
holyhelianthus's Avatar holyhelianthus 03:03 PM 02-10-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinemama View Post
Girls: Alice and Lydia

Boys: I really like your picks, especially Noam and Solomon. Atticus is a little trendy. I like Hiram, too. But please don't spell it Hyrum or Hirum! I realize you're going for kree8tyv (alas, a huge sin in my book). But those versions just scream "I can't spell!"
Actually I am not going for creativity. We are LDS and the brother of Joseph Smith spelled it Hyrum. Trust me we can't stand those creative spellings. But Hyrum/Hiram/Hirum has been spelled numerous ways for 100+ years now.
BethSLP's Avatar BethSLP 03:16 PM 02-10-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by magstphil View Post
Actually I am not going for creativity. We are LDS and the brother of Joseph Smith spelled it Hyrum. Trust me we can't stand those creative spellings. But Hyrum/Hiram/Hirum has been spelled numerous ways for 100+ years now.
I still agree not to spell it Hyrum. Looks kree8tyv to me too. No one LDS will know this spelling. Did the Smiths make it up? Are they the only ones?

Secondly, Elanor falls into the same category. Can't you still honor Tolkien but spell it legitimately? No one will know its from Tolkien, and will mistake you for ignorant parents IMO.

I'm confused about Byrd too. For a girl? For both its a strange choice, but I think Byrd would be a difficult name to grow up with personally.

Tessa is great too, but name snobs will tell you its a nickname and should be a full name like Theresa (which I'm personally not a fan of). I still like Tessa and had it on my list for DD, but some people view it as naming your child a NN.

Eleanor is lovely. Nora would be a great NN. Or just Nora as the name.

I love LizzyQs suggestions.

I also love Alice.

I think Solomon is your best boy choice by far. Atticus is fine, but I think it gets shortened to Atty (and that is becoming common as a NN for both boys and girls because of Adelaide and other names similar to Atticus). Noam is also OK, but I looove Solomon.

I also love your current DC's names. Very cool. I think your MN choices are kind of out there (which I'm sure you know/have heard before) but thats the beauty of middle names. I say MNs are the perfect place for the "guilty pleasure" names

I am a name fanatic myself, so I can't imagine trying to plan for twins of unknown gender. You are having to take this naming job to a whole new level! I'm having a hard enough time trying to figure out 1 boy name and 1 girl name (with only one previous sibling). So I have to give you one of these too!

XOXO
B
zinemama's Avatar zinemama 03:17 PM 02-10-2009
Quote:
Ah, gotcha. But I have to say...it still comes off that way to those not in the know. I'm guessing ds won't spend his whole life in LDS enclaves, so he might want to have a spelling that is more what folks are used to, that's all. (Or you might go for Solomon!)
Ellie'sMom's Avatar Ellie'sMom 03:19 PM 02-10-2009
I love your taste in names! I did want to point out the Eleanor (and Elinor, etc) is actually pretty popular right now. If you don't do nicknames it might not be as noticeable since most of the Eleanors seem to go by Ellie (which is my dd Elizabeth's nickname, so I am very aware of its popularity).

There is a Tessa at my daughter's school, but she is the only one I've heard of. I do love the name. And since you like Byrd, what about Wren?

As far as boy names go, Atticus is actually a bit trendy now (along with Scout for a girl). I really like Noam. I also love the name Noel (rhymes with pole).

Naming twins is hard! We have boy twins, but before we knew the genders we had the girl names Aurora Katherine and Celeste Louise picked out. I am still so sad not to use these names! Boy/Girl would have been Aurora and August (the matching Au beginnings is actually a coincidence).

My boy twins are August and Benjamin. Finding a second boy name we could agree on was the hardest part. I really don't like intentionally matchy names for twins.

Good luck and Congratulations!
jess_paez's Avatar jess_paez 03:27 PM 02-10-2009
i loveeeeeee tessa! had it on my list for a while. what about Isla (eye-la) for a girl?
holyhelianthus's Avatar holyhelianthus 03:27 PM 02-10-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BethSLP View Post
I still agree not to spell it Hyrum. Looks kree8tyv to me too. No one LDS will know this spelling. Did the Smiths make it up? Are they the only ones?

Secondly, Elanor falls into the same category. Can't you still honor Tolkien but spell it legitimately? No one will know its from Tolkien, and will mistake you for ignorant parents IMO.
Can't stand Eleanor as a spelling. Bugs me. Plus Elanor the flower has a special meaning to me. I'm not naming her Eleanor the typical name that you hear I am naming her Elanor after the Lorien flower.

Hyrum Smith is also someone very special to both DH and I. We were thinking about changing the spelling just because the option was there but Hyrum is still in the front running. It's funny because if you ask any LDS person how to spell Hiram they will say Hyrum. In my mind that is the correct spelling and any LDS person I have asked. Besides who knows Hyrum or Hiram these days? People don't even "get" Lilith, Mable, or Olive. They pronounce the first two wrong most of the time. Basically 95% of people in the real world aren't going to know the name Hyrum no matter how it is spelled.

What it comes down to is I don't care what people think.
Quote:
I'm confused about Byrd too. For a girl? For both its a strange choice, but I think Byrd would be a difficult name to grow up with personally.
I guess that would be up to Byrd. Love that name. I knew a little girl named Birdie- that's where I originally found the name and that's what we'd call her.

The thing with names is you're not going to please everyone and the kid will probably at some point hate it. I couldn't stand Margaret forever. Started going by Maggie in my late teens and now I can't stand Maggie half the time and want to go back to Margaret. Then again I have a friend named Creedence who loves his name. Go fig. I could name my girl Stephanie and she could resent me for the rest of my life (or hers!). Then again she could love Byrd. Who knows. Time will tell.
holyhelianthus's Avatar holyhelianthus 03:31 PM 02-10-2009
Isla is gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie'sMom View Post
I love your taste in names! I did want to point out the Eleanor (and Elinor, etc) is actually pretty popular right now. If you don't do nicknames it might not be as noticeable since most of the Eleanors seem to go by Ellie (which is my dd Elizabeth's nickname, so I am very aware of its popularity).
I didn't know that about Eleanor (etc). I'll have to check that out.

Quote:
And since you like Byrd, what about Wren?
Wren is also very pretty!

Quote:
As far as boy names go, Atticus is actually a bit trendy now
This is good to hear. I cannot stand Atticus! It's DH's pick.

Quote:
Good luck and Congratulations!
Thanks much!
yogafeet's Avatar yogafeet 03:32 PM 02-10-2009
Quote:

Tessa is great too, but name snobs will tell you its a nickname and should be a full name like Theresa (which I'm personally not a fan of). I still like Tessa and had it on my list for DD, but some people view it as naming your child a NN.

Eleanor is lovely. Nora would be a great NN. Or just Nora as the name.

XOXO
B
Agreed on all counts. People will just think you're either uneducated or pretentious if you spell the names that way. I had a blast naming my twins. We didn't find out the gender either so we had 4 names to solidify! Enjoy this time.

My bff's father is named Hiram, and so is the guy from the comic strip Hi and Lois. So people who read comics will know the more traditional spelling.

Eleanor and Atticus are popular....
sunflwrmoonbeam's Avatar sunflwrmoonbeam 03:37 PM 02-10-2009
Quick question: For boys' middle names, are you planning on drawing from the dwarves in the Hobbit? Because I'm a big nerd, I want to start with the Tolkein names and go backwards. So, I'm thinking stuff like:

Oscar Oin
Nigel Nori
Bryce Balin (a bit more trendy)
Theodore (Ted, Teddy) Thorin

Also, there's:

Elise Eowyn

Incidentally, I have met a baby Galadriel and a baby Thorin.
holyhelianthus's Avatar holyhelianthus 03:38 PM 02-10-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogafeet View Post
Agreed on all counts. People will just think you're either uneducated or pretentious if you spell the names that way. I had a blast naming my twins. We didn't find out the gender either so we had 4 names to solidify! Enjoy this time.

My bff's father is named Hiram, and so is the guy from the comic strip Hi and Lois. So people who read comics will know the more traditional spelling.

Eleanor and Atticus are popular....
I don't think anyone here is realizing just how much flack we have already gotten for what we named our first 3! Our families have thrown a fit each time.

I'll say it again- I don't care. I'm not naming my kids for the masses or spelling their names for approval. If I cared all that much I'd go to those "most popular" lists and pick a name that sounded ok. The truth is not everyone is going to like what we have chosen. Great. They can have fun with that. I don't do anything in life because of what others might think. Why should I start now?
yogafeet's Avatar yogafeet 03:40 PM 02-10-2009
It's true-- you shouldn't care what others think. I just think it's important to think about how your child will be received by those masses.... will her resume be passed over b/c it looks like she came from a family that couldn't spell? That's always on my mind.

Just an idea! I don't mean to come across as a meanie!
holyhelianthus's Avatar holyhelianthus 03:42 PM 02-10-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
Quick question: For boys' middle names, are you planning on drawing from the dwarves in the Hobbit? Because I'm a big nerd, I want to start with the Tolkein names and go backwards. So, I'm thinking stuff like:

Oscar Oin
Nigel Nori
Bryce Balin (a bit more trendy)
Theodore (Ted, Teddy) Thorin

Also, there's:

Elise Eowyn

Incidentally, I have met a baby Galadriel and a baby Thorin.

We hadn't really thought dwarf names. I love Balin. Love Moria.

We had considered Nigel before but were thinking Nigel Nazgul. I so love Oscar but we already have an "O". Oscar Orthanc just rocks though. I don't know what is up with us and the darker middle names for boys. Weird.

We named all our girls in relation to things Elvish on total accident, BTW. But each of their first names and middle names were chosen for a reason other than we liked it.

I really love Faramir. We were thinking Hyrum Henry Faramir. It's the only full boys name we have come up with.
holyhelianthus's Avatar holyhelianthus 03:47 PM 02-10-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogafeet View Post
It's true-- you shouldn't care what others think. I just think it's important to think about how your child will be received by those masses.... will her resume be passed over b/c it looks like she came from a family that couldn't spell? That's always on my mind.

Just an idea! I don't mean to come across as a meanie!
You're not being a meanie and I understand but honestly the boss is more likely to be like "who would name their kid Hyrum?" then focus on the spelling. It's the world we live in. I said I wanted to name my daughter Lilith and people begged me to name her something "normal" like Sarah.

Again thinking about my children and their future opinions and circumstance is futile. It's all up in the air. My name is Margaret Frances. Do you know how many people think I am Catholic? For that matter do you know how many people take the liberty of spelling my name Margarita because they assume the tint to my skin means I'm Hispanic and I am mistaken in my name spelling? I was also called maggot *insert what rhymes with maggot and starts with an F here* in school. With names you're just not going to win.
holyhelianthus's Avatar holyhelianthus 03:50 PM 02-10-2009
Food for thought- concern for what the masses might think or what that future wife/boss/etc might think is the same excuse a lot of parents use to circ their sons not to mention vax. No thanks. It's never a good excuse.
Ianthe's Avatar Ianthe 03:53 PM 02-10-2009
Quote:
I so love Oscar but we already have an "O". Oscar Orthanc just rocks though. I don't know what is up with us and the darker middle names for boys. Weird.

We named all our girls in relation to things Elvish on total accident, BTW. But each of their first names and middle names were chosen for a reason other than we liked it.
I originally put Oscar on my suggestions, but deleted it because it starts with an 'O'

I love your girls' names.. I don't see how anyone would give you crap about them!
suprgrl's Avatar suprgrl 04:23 PM 02-10-2009
I really do like your taste in names.

I know a little boy named Balin. I think its a great name!

Obviously we named our kids unusual names. My name is Ronna (pronounced like Donna but with an "R") and I have loved having an uncommon name (although I did go through a short phase in middle school of wanting to change my name to Laura), however I do like that it is not a completely weird or easily mispronounced name. Most people get it right the first time. My Russian last name, now that it a completely different story.

Anyway. Not to get too far off topic. YOU name your kids names that you will feel good about. I really don't like DS2's first name, but DH loves it. I do wish we could have come up with a name we both like, but DH works at a school for troubled boys, so most names I liked were not allowed....
nuwavemomma's Avatar nuwavemomma 04:24 PM 02-10-2009
Hi Maggie! I can't believe you guys are asking for help! How are you feeling?

I don't know Tolkien at all and it's really hard for me to think of first names without the mns. I'll try though.

Effie
Nola
Ida
Clementine
Beryl
Naomi

Jasper
****** (would have been this baby's name)
Irving (would have been this baby's mn)

You're such a tough one! xo
holyhelianthus's Avatar holyhelianthus 04:34 PM 02-10-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprgrl View Post
I really do like your taste in names.

I know a little boy named Balin. I think its a great name!

Obviously we named our kids unusual names. My name is Ronna (pronounced like Donna but with an "R") and I have loved having an uncommon name (although I did go through a short phase in middle school of wanting to change my name to Laura), however I do like that it is not a completely weird or easily mispronounced name. Most people get it right the first time. My Russian last name, now that it a completely different story.

Anyway. Not to get too far off topic. YOU name your kids names that you will feel good about. I really don't like DS2's first name, but DH loves it. I do wish we could have come up with a name we both like, but DH works at a school for troubled boys, so most names I liked were not allowed....
I so love you right now. :

Funny thing is I actually didn't choose DD2's name and had to have it grow on me. DH chose it after a song I hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwavemomma View Post
Hi Maggie! I can't believe you guys are asking for help! How are you feeling?
I know right? I'm starting to feel a little better, thanks.
How the heck have you been?

Quote:
I don't know Tolkien at all and it's really hard for me to think of first names without the mns. I'll try though.

Effie
Nola
Ida
Clementine
Beryl
Naomi

Jasper
****** (would have been this baby's name)
Irving (would have been this baby's mn)

You're such a tough one! xo
Jasper has been on our list before but since reading Twilight I am annoyed by it. I use to like Rosalie and Esme too. *sigh*
LOVE Clementine. For a few seconds while I was holding Olive after her birth I almost named her Clementine. I so love that name.

I know we are such pains in the rear.
Ianthe's Avatar Ianthe 04:42 PM 02-10-2009
I love Clementine too!!
nuwavemomma's Avatar nuwavemomma 04:43 PM 02-10-2009
Quote:
I so love you right now. :

Funny thing is I actually didn't choose DD2's name and had to have it grow on me. DH chose it after a song I hate.

I know right? I'm starting to feel a little better, thanks.
How the heck have you been?

Jasper has been on our list before but since reading Twilight I am annoyed by it. I use to like Rosalie and Esme too. *sigh*
LOVE Clementine. For a few seconds while I was holding Olive after her birth I almost named her Clementine. I so love that name.

I know we are such pains in the rear.
I obviously did not get on the Twilight wagon. I'm so out of it - I was really thinking about getting Nick to let me name this baby Edith (nn Edie) until thankfully somebody told me that's a Desperate Housewives character, which I am also totally not familiar with at all... Glad someone told me!

I really like Clem for a boy too...

I'm huge and emotional, par for the course I guess. And G is on his second cold in three weeks. Somehow I have stayed healthy (knock on wood).

Glad to see you!
beanma's Avatar beanma 05:07 PM 02-10-2009
Just barging in 'cause I love to read name threads. I agree that Eleanor/Elanor/Elinor is going to be way too popular for your tastes. My dd2 is Ellie/Eleanor and we know quite a few Eleanors and Ellies.

Someone else on mdc has a ds with "Samwise" as a middle name I believe. I always thought that was a good one.

For boys I really don't like Hyrum/Hiram, etc. It's very similar to my dad's name (he would occasionally get misaddressed mail) and there was a street near our neighborhood with that name (with a "y" I believe). It always looked too much like Hymen to me. I do know a Hiram (named after his dad), but he goes by a nickname of his middle name. His dad also goes by the middle name.

I like Solomon all right. I know an Atticus and have heard it about a bit. Noam just reminds me of Noam Chomsky. If you're not naming after him it would be a bit like naming your kid Elvis and not be naming him after Elvis Presley. Well, probably not that extreme, but I'm sure he would get asked about Chomsky a lot even if only, "Noam? Oh, like Chomsky?"

Here are some I like:

Eamon
Maybe you'd like Nowell (NOW-el)?
Do you like Brigham at all?
Alden
Alder
I think Byrd could go for a boy, too, especially if you're Byrds fans.
Reed

For girls I do like Tessa and Byrd and Wren (though that's the baby in "Baby Blues" comic strip). I gotta run, but if any great girl names spring to mind I'll post back.

Good Luck!
brightonwoman's Avatar brightonwoman 05:08 PM 02-10-2009
Quote:
I said I wanted to name my daughter Lilith and people begged me to name her something "normal" like Sarah.
As a Jenni (who is married to a Dave) I can tell you these two people hated having names that were something normal.

Quote:
I still agree not to spell it Hyrum. Looks kree8tyv to me too. No one LDS will know this spelling.
On the other hand, everyone LDS (sunday school teachers, scout leaders, etc) is going to spell it hyrum, regardless of what spelling you choose...

Quote:
We hadn't really thought dwarf names. I love Balin. Love Moria.
Come now, Thorin is one even *I* would go for!!

Quote:
We had considered Nigel before but were thinking Nigel Nazgul. I so love Oscar but we already have an "O". Oscar Orthanc just rocks though. I don't know what is up with us and the darker middle names for boys. Weird.
Yeah, what is it with you and those dark names? Seriously, as a fellow Tolkien fan (though I come admittedly short of your devotion...) I can't imagine naming a child Nazgul--those are the ultimate corrupted evil guys--not what I want to name my son after anyway It's like you said about all your girls' names being chosen for their own reasons--because you loved them, not just because they had the same letter.

Quote:
I really love Faramir. We were thinking Hyrum Henry Faramir. It's the only full boys name we have come up with.
Now Faramir is one awesome dude to be named after!

Of course, call me boring, but we just have a Samwise.

Hmm, so, I admit I'd probably work backwards...since their are more non-tolkien names than tolkien names, I'd find the tolkien ones that I loved and then find coordinating first names... or i guess really a list of each and then start making matches...
I'm not much help with coming up with more names for your list, but I can give my thoughts on a few that have been mentioned...

I Wren to a ridiculous degree. Hmm, that might mean it's too mainstream for you
Beryl is really different, but I do kinda like it...it's another semi-precious stone, but it's not so common like Ruby or Pearl or Garnet...
Honestly I like Elanor, though I agree everyone would mis-pronounce it...so i guess it just depends if you're ok with that. Maybe push it to middle-name status so that you can keep it in it's true state? That's what we've chosen to do with our ethnic names (Bjorn is pronounced "Byern" not "Byorn" but nobody this side of scandinavia knows that)
I kinda like Moria...it sounds like a lot of girls names to me though (mara, mona, moira, maria, etc). Hmm, Moira Moria, now THAT is a name that would bring on the teasing.

By the way, anytime someone gives you grief for your name choices, remind them that at least you didn't name your kids Adolph Hitler and Aryan (did you hear about that family? *shudder* I'm even a fair-skinned blue-eyed germanic-scandinavian and they scare me!)
Marlet's Avatar Marlet 05:09 PM 02-10-2009
The first name I can think of for a boy is Truman. I just really like that one. That's all I got.
holyhelianthus's Avatar holyhelianthus 05:23 PM 02-10-2009
beanmama~ That is exactly why DH wants the name Noam. Yeah, I don't think so but I have to at least consider it, right?

Jenni~ You rock! Dh's name is Robert so he feels you on the "normal" names. That's why we don't want something like that. My mom's name was Debbie (no not Debra, Debbie) and both she and DH hated having 10 other kids with the same name in their class. Basically I don't want to be able to yell my kid's name out and have 3 come running. Sure that could happen with any name but some more than others, kwim?

I knew someone named Beryl whom I love. I didn't know it was a stone. Where have I been?

The dark Tolkien names was odd for us. We came up with those names with Mable when we still thought she could be a boy.

I thought of Elanor as a middle name. I like Eloise as well and thought Eloise Elanor was pretty but Rob vetoed it right away.

Quote:
By the way, anytime someone gives you grief for your name choices, remind them that at least you didn't name your kids Adolph Hitler and Aryan (did you hear about that family? *shudder* I'm even a fair-skinned blue-eyed germanic-scandinavian and they scare me!)
no kidding! Actually what I usually tell people is that my favorite name for a girl is Lucifer and I came very close to naming Lilith that. And I'm not kidding.
holyhelianthus's Avatar holyhelianthus 05:26 PM 02-10-2009
DH and I talked on the phone a bit just now and we just really love Hyrum. We're pretty sure that is going to be one of our names if not our top pick. We have also agreed on honoring Hyrum Smith and keeping the spelling.

Buuuuuut his new top boy name is Zefram. I like it but I don't love it.

ETA- he wants me to let anyone who doesn't like it know that Zefram Cochrane will do amazing things for humanity and we should all be eternally grateful. :
1 2  3  ... Last

Up