"Long uterus"? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-12-2009, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was looking at the u/s picture from when I was 8 weeks, and I noticed that, at the bottom, there is printed "Long Uterus". I am really wondering what that means.

I am fairly certain that I have a tilted uterus. And the ER doc who I saw that night said he thought my uterus was not enlarged enough for dates. I am wondering if either of these two factors is connected with the designation of a "long uterus".

It seems like a so minor thing...but it's driving me a little crazy, wondering if it means something.

Can you tell I like to have as much info as I can about any tests run? I guess I feel like every little bit of info I have helps me to make good decisions for myself. I don't like having to rely on doctors for information about my own body!

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2009, 11:51 AM

Who ordered the ultrasound?

I always request copies of the radiologists report, which can easily be provided by the doctor or midwife who ordered the scan. It gives me an opportunity to read it over and then ask specific questions about anything that I don't understand. The notes on the pictures themselves will only give you a very small idea of what the report entails.

As for your long uterus, I'm willing to bet it's just fine. Every Body is different. Why not every uterus?

Anyways, get your hands on that report.

Take care.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

The ER doctor ordered the u/s. I'm not sure how I'd go about getting the report. Hmm.

I am sure it's fine, too (as in not abnormal). What I'm really wondering if is it might somehow explain why my uterus seemed small for dates. I'm picturing it having grown "up" rather then "out", but have no clue if that is a realistic guess, even.

I should have mentioned that I was not given a good prognosis. I am very much in limbo with this pregnancy. That'll explain why I'm a little obsessive over this (as well as some other minutiae!).

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E

User Tag List