Stomach flu, food poisoning, or....morning sickness?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-14-2009, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Maybe one of you guys can help me out and tell me what you think this is...

I've been really sick for the last two days.

Here is what makes me think it could be morning sickness. It hits pretty suddenly, then either lingers or just goes completely away, just to come back in a little bit. Eating a little bread and water makes me feel a teeny bit better for a little bit...

Why it could just be stomach flu-I've had a very constant and fairly high fever that has now lasted like 12 hours...I've also been weak and dizzy...also clamminess, cold sweats, freezing cold though running a fever and having two thick blankets on me...

Maybe food poisoning?-It came on really fast, not even any warning signs. I ate a peanut butter sandwich about 2 hours before work, then another one about one hour before work, then one veggie bbq riblet before I left for work, then went to work at 5 and starting getting sick about 8.

So, what does it sound like I have, and what can I be doing to make me feel better?
Thanks!

What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2009, 02:59 PM

Our family and two of my friends and their families just went through a bug that sounds just like what you describe.

I was in bed all last weekend and then dh got it on Monday/tues and had it worse than I did, vomiting and shaking uncontrollably.

So, I'd say its just a weird bug going around.

BTW... I had never had anything like it in my adult life. It was similar to yours in that I was a little sluggish and tired last Fri, super tired on Sat, and then by 2pm on Sat wanted to just die. It seemed to come on really fast.

The good news is that it seemed to be a 24 hour or less thing. Hopefully you'll be over it within a matter of hours!

Sadie
Old 02-14-2009, 03:08 PM

Channelle, I just came on here to ask the same question! Only in my case I really don't have any other symptoms than nausea, which comes and goes. Sometimes it's overwhelming and I can't stand up without throwing up and other times it's just kind a low-level, general queasiness. I reminds me so much of my pregnancy nausea with dd, except that I just had my period last week, so there's no way I could be pregnant. Right?

Mama to a beautiful girl since May 2007 and a beautiful boy since August 2010! :
Old 02-14-2009, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah it's really weird! Like right now, besides just being a bit weak (due to me not eating much I'm sure, I feel fine, but like three hours ago, I was puking my guts out!). We are ttc, but...we've been doing that for over a year! So I don't really think it is morning sickness....

Sadie-you never know! My nausea sounds just like yours, an overall queasiness (which could just also be that my stomach has been through the ringer all night!) with an every once in a while puke-fest!

Oh, also I'm 4 days late...(not that it matters though, I'm not usually regular...one month I could start on the 5th, the next on the 25th, the next on the 15th...but most months I usually start on the 10th) hmm...

Right now I just want to feel better!
Old 02-14-2009, 04:21 PM

The one time I had food poisoning was marked by wicked wicked cramping and almost timeable violent puking. Literally every two hours for about 12 hours straight. And I'd feel wrung out after vomiting, but much better. And then it would build up again towards the two hour mark.

My money is on flu. Feel better soon!

Vanessa - aspiring Traditional Foods momma of Graham & Margot
Old 02-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Banned

Sounds like the flu to me.

You wouldn't have a fever or cold sweats if it was just morning sickness. If you think you're pregnant, and you're pg enough to be sick, take a test. By the time your period is past due you can get a pretty accurate result on a home test.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:10 PM

Sounds like a stomach virus or food poisoning.

Am I really the only one wondering where the peanut butter came from? Salmonella outbreak?
Old 02-15-2009, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Just wanted to report I feel MUCH better! Yay! Thanks everyone, that was horrible!

User Tag List