May 2002 Hipmamas - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 189 Old 05-30-2002, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh why do I keep forgetting you Cosmicmama? It's nothing personal I swear.
Maybe I subconciously knew you had delivered already? Have you? Best wishes either way.
Huey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 189 Old 05-30-2002, 02:57 PM

Woohoo!Now you can come visit us at May mama's and babes!
#183 of 189 Old 05-30-2002, 08:09 PM

Ok, here's the scoop...
Contracting all day, but nothing serious until about a half hour ago. NOW they're getting hard. I've had the cam off mostly because there wsa nothing to see
Ow.
Ok.. i'm going to go sit. Ow.
#184 of 189 Old 05-30-2002, 09:36 PM

Congrats on Duncan Patrick!!! I have been rooting for you and glad you got to labour at home.... you got guts girl by the sound of your pushing!!!
Great to read you on the other side Anna Red!!!

Thinking of you Pinfeather... looking forward to reading you on the other side too!

Things are getting much better with us and the breastfeeding... YEAH!
#185 of 189 Old 06-04-2002, 12:49 PM

Hello,
I have posted on this forum before an I thought Iposted hre at May Mamas but I can't find my post. Anyways I have had my baby actually two weeks ago today!! May 21st at 11:07 am. Cole Daytona cameinto the world drug free and at home with two wonderful midwives, one is a homeopathisc doctor , my dh, my best friend amd my 4 year old ds.
Everything started the day befire with light contractions and some water leaking out occassionally. Then Monday night after returning from watching aoccer game in the brisk cold, contractions started coming faster and more intense. Number one midwife came about 2am, number two midwife came about 3:30 am. My friend came at 3:00 am , had to leave to get someone to get her kids to school then came back about an hour later, so she did not miss much.
Close to 7:30 am #1 broke my water, what a tremendous relief. Good thing she didn't tell me she was doing it or I likely would have tensed up more than I already was, she said sheas checking my effacement, and then broke the water1 Tricky but it worked!! and was I ever glad. She thought the baby would come within the hour but he decided to take a bit longer. I pushed ofr all I was worth and thought several times this one was stuck same as my first, but they were all so encouraging and got me through it, I still don't believe I did it but I did. Cole's head came out finally but his shoulders were stuck. They threw me up on to the bed flipped me over and #1 pulled the rest of him out. He's fine, got a little oxygen at the start but no other measures were needed.
So far things have been pretty good, Cole eats likea fiend. --- oh yeah he was 9lbs 6 ozs, 22 inches!!!!. my first was7 lbs 14 ozs, 19 1/2 inches so quite a difference!!
first ds is adjusting well, going to sleep later, but that could be the summer too, who knows!!! it's a challenge when they both decide to go off but I'll figure it out.
I definetly won't be checking in here very often as I have no me time at least for now... Good luck to everyone.
And for those planning homebirth -it's well worth it if you have the right support. I could tell more but both needme now gotta go.
#186 of 189 Old 06-04-2002, 10:15 PM

Yay!

#187 of 189 Old 06-04-2002, 10:16 PM

CosmicMama? you here?
#188 of 189 Old 06-06-2002, 12:35 AM

Well as some of you know I was over a week late when I posted last. I was due May 22 and went into labour on Thursday the 29th at 11:30pm. Contractions came full on at once and were 3 mins apart! So DH and I monitored them for an hour and then we went to the hospital. They hooked me up and kept an eye on things. I was only 2 cms still. By 7:30am I was 3cm so they broke my water and I walked around a lot, bounced on the ball etc. Contractions where stronger but further spaced apart. By 10:30 I had only made it to 4cm so they started pitocin.
I laboured on that with no pain meds until 4:30pm by which time I was exhausted (I don't recommend no pain meds on Pitocin, just my experience) then I had an Epidural, that felt great I must say. By 9pm I was still barely 5cm and the contractions where as strong and as close as they could get! and so after 22 hours of labour I finaly had to have a C-Section at 10:30pm Thursday May 30th. (Same day Twilight girl's Claire was born!)
I was OK with the C-Section as I never set myself up to veiw birth as having to be a certain way and although I am very sore I am so so happy with my little girl!

Yes, I wanted and got my little girl (I never ever thought during the pregnancy it would be a boy for some reason)

Anyway sorry for the long story but I am proud to say that Lily Emma Vernon Vanderwood finaly entered the world and she is thriving.

Breastfeeding is going pretty well, I got home from the hospital yesterday and my milk just came in last night, so it's early days. Anyone who wantes pics should send me there email addresses ( I hope the emailing works) I am at Katyvernon@hotmail.com

Katy & Lily 5/30
#189 of 189 Old 06-06-2002, 09:09 PM

welcome to the world Lily! You rock mama.
huey

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page