Help! Effect of to much Caulophyllum on baby? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-27-2009, 03:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 39 weeks pg & I accidentally took 3 pumps of Caulophyllum 200ch instead of three pumps of a homeopathic prenatal spray & I'm very worried about what the effects could be on baby... The box says that 1 pump = 10 drops (0.2 ml) anyone know if a single "overdose" like that can hurt the baby? It's moving like crazy right now but I'm really worried & I feel sick to my stomach...

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2009, 04:22 AM

Caullophylum is blue cohosh, which is used to help boost a slowing labor. Since you're 39 weeks, I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:23 AM

Hey...Sorry that no-one responded to you yet, you sound very stressed. if it was a herbal form of Blue Cohosh i would be concerned, but a homeopathic form...No problem! You really can't get hurt, hurt the baby, or OD on homeopathy. I know a kid who ate a whole bottle of the little Boiron homeopathic pills (they are sweet!) and was fine.

But I understand your concern, I get so worried about things when I am pregnant myself!

Midwife mama bellycast.gif to DD1 bouncy.gif (4.5) and DD2 h20homebirth.gif (1.5)
Old 02-27-2009, 12:08 PM

Don't worry An extra homeopathic spray isn't a big deal. Relax... your baby is just getting ready to come out of there.

I took some homeopathic cohosh at the end of my pregnancy (42 weeks) and my labor was really fast.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies!!!

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 

Tags
Boiron Caulophyllum 30c Pellets
User Tag List