No-Stressor Pregnant Zen Queens - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-09-2009, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Glad to hear that most people are having at least some good days--it's been half and half for me. I'm still nauseated, but able to eat and mostly function. Now I'm excited to go see the midwife this Friday--then I'll feel really pregnant. I'm still slacking on calling homebirth midwives (the one I'm seeing is hospital based, and my normal well-woman gal that I really like, but they have 9 midwives, so it's such a crapshoot). It's on my to do list this week!

Mama to P. born at home 10/09, and W. born in the hospital 2/13

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2009, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

mom-to-jj Bad dreams are horrible.

I measured my waist and in two days it has grown 1 inch. I though I popped, but 1 inch, that is a big pop. My weight has changed yet, probably because I'm having difficulties with keeping food down. As long as I don't lose weight this time around I'll be happy.

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
Old 03-10-2009, 02:32 PM

So, yesterday was one of my worst days yet. I hope that means this is my "peak" and it's all going to get better from here. Shortly after I got to work I totally barfed. There's nothing worse that puking in a public restroom . So, I went home, took one of my anti-nausea pills, and slept the whole day. My kids were home from school, too. Unfortunately, they were entertained by redbox all day long until my DH got home. I woke up for a few hours in the evening and tried to eat something, but couldn't get much down. I went back to bed at 8:30PM. I'm feeling a lot better today than I did yesterday, and I'm trying to make up for the lack of fluids, etc.

I have to admit that all I think about is how crappy I feel all the time, and I hardly ever think about the fact that I'm pregnant, and we're going to have a new baby. I'm as depressed as I am sick I hope the 2nd trimester is a huge relief and I can finally celebrate this new baby (which will DEFINITELY be my last)! DH is convinced it's twins and that's why I'm so sick, but I don't get a twin vibe. Who knows why these things happen the way they do?

ShwarmaQueen: The plague started for me right before I was 6 weeks. I'm going on 10 weeks now. I hope it isn't too bad for you.

mom-to-jj: I'm sorry to hear about the bad dreams. I've had a few of them myself, and they can really shake you. I can't wait to hear how your u/s goes. Keep us posted.

Brin, wife to my best friend , mother of three . and now homeschooling!!!
Old 03-10-2009, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom-to-jj View Post
Shwarma- I saw in the Nov DDC thread that your beta levels are crazy high! I multiplied mine from 18DPO out to see where I probably was at 22DPO, and I came up with roughly 2,000! No wonder you are so nauseous!
Totally not fair! I'm better today, but I stopped taking my prenatal and ate a hearty dinner last night. I'm still waiting on my 26 DPO beta, hoping it's not a 1,000,000! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinalicious View Post
ShwarmaQueen: The plague started for me right before I was 6 weeks. I'm going on 10 weeks now. I hope it isn't too bad for you.
Oh Brin, I totally feel your pain. I wanted to die I was so sick w/ DD. I'm hoping hoping hoping I don't get it bad again!

What anti-nausea med are you on?

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

Old 03-10-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsca View Post
I think I 'popped' today. Either that or I just look a lot fatter then I did yesterday. Still don't look pregnant yet.. just pudgy around the middle now.
: Isn't this an awkward stage? I feel like any internal fat I have has somehow been pushed to the surface, so I have this little roll of flab hanging over my jeans. Ugh. So glad it's still "bulky sweater" season so nobody can see this! Whenever my sister comes over, I see her studying my midsection, and it's hard to suck it in the whole time she's here!!!

brin - Sorry your good day didn't repeat itself. I hope you hit the 2nd trimester and feel great. You really deserve to be able to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy! Thanks for the reassurance about the dreams. I'm sorry to hear you've had some bad ones, yourself, but at least that makes me feel like it doesn't necessarily mean something bad is going to happen.

Shwarma - Weird that they can't get your 2nd beta done faster. My doc's office rushed the 2nd one, and I had the results in 4 hours! Hope you get good news. Be sure to post when you find out!

Mommy to a boy (6), girls (4&2), and our baby boy (8 months)

Missing Ashlyn 10/18/06 and Brennan 10/18/10
Old 03-10-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen View Post
What anti-nausea med are you on?
I'm taking phenergan. The DR said it would work in 20 minutes, but it doesn't work that way at all. If I take it at night, I don't feel nearly as crappy the next day, until about 3PM or so. So, at least I can make it through my work day and get the kids from school before it gets too bad. I am going to try taking one at 3PM today, though, to see if it helps my evening. Also, I just take 1/2 a tab and try to make due with that, but a whole tab might work better. I don't know.

I know you said you didn't take anything last time, but I would recommend getting some help if it gets really bad this time. I have come to terms with the fact that the small dose that I take means a huge difference for me, and is worth it 100%. Even though it doesn't make it disappear, I am not sure how I'd function without it. Being sick has been soooooooooo demoralizing for me. I wanted to get pregnant more than anything....but after being so sick I've had times where I wish I never had. I feel really guilty thinking that, and I really am excited to be pregnant, but like I said before, I spend so much time feeling miserable that there's hardly any time for feeling happy about anything. If you need some relief, don't hesitate to get some help.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
I'm taking phenergan. The DR said it would work in 20 minutes, but it doesn't work that way at all. If I take it at night, I don't feel nearly as crappy the next day, until about 3PM or so. So, at least I can make it through my work day and get the kids from school before it gets too bad. I am going to try taking one at 3PM today, though, to see if it helps my evening. Also, I just take 1/2 a tab and try to make due with that, but a whole tab might work better. I don't know.

I know you said you didn't take anything last time, but I would recommend getting some help if it gets really bad this time. I have come to terms with the fact that the small dose that I take means a huge difference for me, and is worth it 100%. Even though it doesn't make it disappear, I am not sure how I'd function without it. Being sick has been soooooooooo demoralizing for me. I wanted to get pregnant more than anything....but after being so sick I've had times where I wish I never had. I feel really guilty thinking that, and I really am excited to be pregnant, but like I said before, I spend so much time feeling miserable that there's hardly any time for feeling happy about anything. If you need some relief, don't hesitate to get some help.
I know exactly what you mean about feeling demoralized. It's the worst. If I get as sick this time around I'll seriously reconsider having more children. But I will take meds this time too. After reading here on MDC and elsewhere, there seems to be no obvious effects on mamma or baby, so why torture yourself, you know? Heck, the main reason I didn't w/ DD is that it was never offered to me as an option and I was too ignorant to know better! :

Have you considered switching to zofran or something else?

I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

Old 03-10-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen View Post
Have you considered switching to zofran or something else?
Zofran costs about $30 a pill!!!! Apparently most insurances will not cover Zofran at all unless a whole bunch of other things have been tried first. I think my next step would be Relegan (sp?). If this lasts more than a week or two longer, I might ask for something different. But, I know what to expect with the Phenergan and how it makes me feel, so I'd just as soon stick with what I know unless things get more out of hand (like if I start puking more, or feeling a lot worse). I'm really optimistic that I'm at my peak now and I'll be totally back to normal in 2 or 3 weeks. While my m/s hasn't been anywhere near this bad in my previous pregnancies, it has been totally gone by the end of my 1st tri, so I'm hoping at least that stays the same.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Zofran costs about $30 a pill!!!! Apparently most insurances will not cover Zofran at all unless a whole bunch of other things have been tried first.
Whattt??? Holy moley! I have a bottle of zofran liquid that was prescribed to DD (when she was on a certain antibiotic) a year ago that I'm definitely going to hold onto! I'll just figure out how much the adult dosage is...wow, $30 per pill? Is it that good?

I hope your m/s goes away soon.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:38 PM

Yesterday was not so bad. I take it as a good sign that I'm up and down these days, and not just down down down. I'm optimistic that this crap will all be over soon.

I tried on another pair of jean this morning that didn't fit. Boooooo! I think this weekend I need a little mom-time to get my hair done (I was trying to grow it out, but realize I just look so much better with a bob), and maybe buy a few new clothes. That's probably just the thing to get me back on track. I'm no stranger to retail therapy.

ShwarmaQueen: That's liquid gold you've got there! Use it wisely

Old 03-11-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
I think this weekend I need a little mom-time to get my hair done (I was trying to grow it out, but realize I just look so much better with a bob), and maybe buy a few new clothes. That's probably just the thing to get me back on track. I'm no stranger to retail therapy.
Yay for shopping! I got depressed this weekend when my waists were getting tight and bought some maternity pants. Since I've been nauseous though I've actually dropped a few pounds and the pants fit normal again (kinda balancing each other out). I guess I'll have them handy for when i need them!

Speaking of hair, I can't imagine having anything other than a short do for the summer. It's hott here in TX and all I do is put it up in a ponytail when it's long, so I'll definitely be cutting mine off!

Old 03-11-2009, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

I was just dreaming about bobbing my hair too. What is it about pregnancy that makes me want to chop my hair off?

Old 03-11-2009, 01:17 PM

Hey girls, I gotta tell you!! I just heard the HB on my doppler! I caved and listened today even though I am only 7w1d. I *knew* I couldn't possibly hear it this early, but oh my gosh, Baby is there!!! My doppler was showing between 120-140BPM.

I'm so relieved. The hunger/stomachache I've had for the past few days is gone today, plus I had a dream last night that I was attending a birth, but it wasn't my baby. That's the 3rd time I've dreamed of watching someone else give birth, and it was starting to freak me out that in my dreams, I never have a baby myself. Also--all 3 dreams have been of boys. I'm getting a sneaking suspicion this isn't going to be the girl I was hoping for. Well, there's always #3. Or #4.

Shopping and a haircut--sounds like just the thing to make you feel like a human being again!

Old 03-11-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsca View Post
What is it about pregnancy that makes me want to chop my hair off?
hhmmm...maybe just the gross feeling of being prego??

Quote:
Hey girls, I gotta tell you!! I just heard the HB on my doppler! I caved and listened today even though I am only 7w1d. I *knew* I couldn't possibly hear it this early, but oh my gosh, Baby is there!!! My doppler was showing between 120-140BPM.
::: Yay for jj's sibling hb!!!

Oh, and I got my 2nd beta (26 DPO)- it was 33,888 woo hooo!!! It's going up nicely!

Old 03-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Banned

Am I too late to join? I remember you all from the TTC boards.

About the Zofran...they *just* came out with a generic form of it, not sure exactly when, but when I refilled my prescription a few days ago Kaiser changed to the generic. So it may not be $30 a pill but it's probably still relatively expensive. Kaiser had already tried every other med for me in previous pregnancies, I had to call up and be like LOOK THIS AINT MY FIRST RODEO and demand Zofran. Only anti nausea med that ever worked for me. This is the first pregnancy where I actually gained in my first trimester (well, I gained 4 lbs, lost 3, gained 5, and then lost like half a pound last month...I'm 16 weeks).

I chopped off my hair too
Old 03-11-2009, 03:10 PM

Of course you can join- and I remember you!

Old 03-11-2009, 03:50 PM

I'd love to join you too if I'm not too late....

I really feel for all you mamas with m/s...I was really sick with DD, but not too bad with DS. This time around I feel fine so far. Tomorrow will be 6 weeks though, so I'm not out of the woods yet.

I got my haircut the evening after I got the BFP - I was in a state of shock, had a migraine, and my DD was with me. I told the stylist to just cut it all off - ala Katie Holmes (her shortest do). I can't believe she actually did it since I've been growing my hair out for 6months or so and knew the state I was in!

Big mistake - I hate it, good thing hair and nails grow fast while your preggo!

Mom to:
DD (1/03) , DS (9/05) , DD (10/09)
Old 03-11-2009, 04:07 PM

Welcome Talula Fairie!!!

I'm glad to hear all the reaffirming tales of chopping one's hair off. I don't know why I even try to grow mine out. Long hair just makes me look so plain and old. Now that I'm having #3, I need everything I can to stay feeling young. Not to mention, I'll be 29 for the first time this July

Old 03-11-2009, 04:22 PM

When I was pregnant with DD I chopped all of my hair off. I went from shoulder length hair to less than an inch pixie cut. It was drastic but I really loved it. That was 3 years ago. My hair is now past my shoulders again and people are asking me if I'm going to cut it. This time I'm trying really hard not to. I want to be able to put it in a ponytail.

Hair is fun to play with and change. Good luck with your new haircuts everyone!

Married Mama to two girls, A (4/06) and I (9/09).

Old 03-12-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Not to mention, I'll be 29 for the first time this July
: I just turned 29...for the first time! It was such a nice birthday that I am looking forward to turning 29 again next year!

I need some advice from you Non-Stressors. Is it ok to tell our families about the pg now, since I have heard a HB? We announced our first pg at 6 weeks and then discovered a blighted ovum at the 8-week ultrasound. So with DS, we waited until after the ultrasound confirmed a baby to tell our families. We are seeing DH's parents/siblings this weekend, but my ultrasound is not until Monday. I really want to tell them in person, and we probably won't see them for another month or so after this weekend. Would you tell? I really want to....after all, I can't have a heartbeat without having a baby, right?

Old 03-12-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
I really want to....after all, I can't have a heartbeat without having a baby, right?
Sounds right to me! I'd tell them! Heck, I was so excited about it I told my MIL the day after i got BFP! I do understand your apprehension though, but think it's fine!

Old 03-12-2009, 12:31 PM

We told our families pretty much right away, when I was about 6 weeks. We haven't told anybody else (except for my girl friends), and we asked our family not to tell others either, until around Easter. Mostly I didn't/don't want my work finding out any sooner than necessary, and they don't call this place "Small Lake City" for nothin', IYKWIM? I would say go ahead and tell your family now! God forbid something did happen, they are the people you would want supporting you anyway. I can't wait to tell everybody, and my family who does know is getting really antsy about it too, but I'm going to try to hold out until 13 weeks. That's only 3 1/2 weeks now!!!! Woooo hoooo!!!

Old 03-12-2009, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
Am I too late to join? I remember you all from the TTC boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmom17 View Post
I'd love to join you too if I'm not too late....

I

Quote:
Not to mention, I'll be 29 for the first time this July
Quote:
: I just turned 29...for the first time!
Hey, I'm turning 29, for the first time in November also.

I agree with Brin - mom-to-jj I think you should tell your in-laws. I want my family to know if something happens just because I would need their support then.

Not much new to report on my end here. Feeling sicker as each day goes bye. But I know it doesn't kill me, so it must make me stronger right .

Old 03-12-2009, 01:39 PM

How far along is everybody now, and when is your first/next appointment?

AFM: I'm 9 1/2 weeks, and my first appointment with our hb midwife (who delivered our last son) is today. I'm getting kind of excited about it now that it's getting closer! My DH won't be able to be there because he took yesterday afternoon off to go to an appointment with my son, but I'll have both of my boys with me, and I might even let my mom come.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:46 PM

I've got an u/s tomorrow (related to the spotting), my MW interview is on 3/21, and then my first "official" OB visit April 15. If all goes according to plan, I'll switch over to my MW in May but try to keep my OB relationship good.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:55 PM

Brin That's exciting that you have your first MW appoinment.
Shwarma I hope your u/s goes well tomorrow. Are you having any more spotting? Those numbers you posted seemed nice and high so that's a good sign. I'm sure the u/s will give you some more peace of mind.

I have my second prenatal appointment with our midwife next wednesday, March 18th. I'm 13weeks 2 days now. DH is going to come to this second appointment with me and DD. He wasn't able to make it to the first one and we ended up hearing the heartbeat. So this time he's excited to hear the heartbeat for himself. I think it will make it seem more real to him. He still says at random times "I can't believe we're having a baby!"

Married Mama to two girls, A (4/06) and I (9/09).

Old 03-12-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenStar View Post
Shwarma I hope your u/s goes well tomorrow. Are you having any more spotting? Those numbers you posted seemed nice and high so that's a good sign. I'm sure the u/s will give you some more peace of mind.
Just very light brown spotting randomly, some days yes, some days no.

Quote:
I think it will make it seem more real to him. He still says at random times "I can't believe we're having a baby!"
That's so cute about your DH! Mine is too laid back; so I had to ask him if he wanted to come to the first OB visit and u/s. :

Old 03-12-2009, 02:15 PM

RavenStar - It's fun when DH gets to share a little of the pregnancy. Guys are so disconnected from the process, especially in the beginning. I loved when my DH could finally put his ear on my belly and hear the heartbeat, and then J.J. would always kick him. He would put his head on my belly and say, "Come on, kick Daddy!"

Shwarma - Good luck at your u/s!

I'm 7w2d, and my first appointment is Monday. I want DH to be there, and we'll probably have to drag DS along for lack of a babysitter. I hate the first appointment--the breast exam, the Pap, etc. I hate being poked and looked at all over. I hate sticking that transvaginal u/s probe "up there." I hate it. I am a modest person, and it's all uncomfortably invasive for me.

Has anybody ever refused a Pap? Mine have always been normal (last one was Dec 07), and I do not want her ripping chunks out of my cervix this time. Last time I had some spotting, and I just do not see the need to do it this time around.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenStar View Post
He still says at random times "I can't believe we're having a baby!"
I keep saying this, too! Maybe it will feel more real after the appointment today. I'm not sure if we'll hear the heartbeat or not, but if we do that will definitely make it more real.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:31 AM

Hi Ladies, I've been reading but too busy to respond. I hope all of you are doing well.

I just chopped my hair, too! How funny!

Mom-to-jj: I agree with the others: tell your family for sure!

AFM, I'm feeling pregnant now: I just received my new, lovely leopard print Bravado bra in the mail! Yippeeeeee!!!!

Now, I'm going to bed. I'm so very exhausted. My class of third graders performed their class play yesterday, and I have to say, being a director and stage manager of 15 9-year-olds is so tiring. I'm beat.

G'night,

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

User Tag List