No-Stressor Pregnant Zen Queens - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 273 Old 03-17-2009, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Degas View Post
ShwarmaQueen - congrats on seeing the heartbeat!
Thanks! And congrats on being close to the 2nd trimester!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsca View Post
I feel like such a wimp, I seriously can't seem to take this m/s anymore. I feel like curling up into a ball and crying.
I'm really sorry it's so rough for you right now! Hopefully your body adjusts to the hormones fast and it goes away quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinalicious View Post
I don't know if you pay much attention to the articles on Mothering.com, but I read the one this morning about acupuncture when you are pregnant and I think I might seriously consider it. Has anyone here tried it while pregnant?
I never have, but I'd try it to get labor going for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom-to-jj View Post
Oh, cheese! I have been wolfing it down like crazy. I pile extra cheese on frozen pizzas...today I grated some cheddar into my eggs and then ate slices of it while the eggs were scrambling. Mmm, warm, gooey, stringy cheese...
Mmmm...that sounds so good...even better- those cheap little Tony's frozen pizzas. :

AFM: Went to my OB this morning for anti-nausea meds. They wouldn't give them to me unless I did the whole kit-n-kaboodle "official" first OB appt. So, I did, of course, had another u/s and saw the little bean, and I'm measuring right on! Interestingly, when the NP was questioning me, she said, "So you're going to have a repeat c/s?"... Umm..no, not exactly! But they did give me an rx for zofran so I'll keep them until I can't switch to my MW!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#122 of 273 Old 03-17-2009, 03:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHappy View Post
I have to tell you as soon as I saw the words "raisin" "bran", I texted (is that a word??) ,my DH who was out with the kids, and asked him to get some. Of course, sweet man, he went to the natural foods co-op and got the organic healthy version of raisin bran. I couldn't tell him I really wanted the original! So, I ate that for dinner! :
I would like to have your husband instead of mine

My husband won't set foot in a health food store without my goading, prodding, and begging. He thinks they are "too expensive" and hates all that "hippie stuff."

*sigh*
#123 of 273 Old 03-17-2009, 03:20 PM

Hey all,
I hear you about wanting the morning sickness to be over. I'm 14 weeks today and am still getting sick. Lately I'm wondering is it pregnancy? my own digestive system? or did I catch some kind of stomach flu? It's hard to know. Last night I woke up and got sick in the middle of the night, which didn't happen with DD. I've been getting sick about every other day now. I'm really hoping that the nausea is over soon. Every week I think, "Maybe this is my week?!"

Other than that I'm enjoying the sunshine, listening to the birds singing and playing with DD outside. Friday is officially spring.

Married Mama to two girls, A (4/06) and I (9/09).

#124 of 273 Old 03-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenStar View Post
Hey all,
I hear you about wanting the morning sickness to be over. I'm 14 weeks today and am still getting sick. Lately I'm wondering is it pregnancy? my own digestive system? or did I catch some kind of stomach flu? It's hard to know. Last night I woke up and got sick in the middle of the night, which didn't happen with DD. I've been getting sick about every other day now. I'm really hoping that the nausea is over soon. Every week I think, "Maybe this is my week?!"
Unfortunately, some women (like me) are sick for most if not all of their pregnancies. You could have a touch of hyperemesis. I doubt it's a stomach flu.

My midwife (and many others) have theroized that women who get really sick for extended periods during pregnancy cannot handle the extra hormones in pregnancy. Their liver gets stressed and they literally get toxic. There's lots of things you can take for that...if you can keep them down. Dandelion is supposed to be awesome for this. I also like Kombucha.

I'm having a homebirth with a midwife but I do have a backup OB and I get my Zofran through him. I'd ask your care provider to prescribe you some, it could really help. Unisom and B6 help some women too.
#125 of 273 Old 03-17-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Hey all,
I hear you about wanting the morning sickness to be over. I'm 14 weeks today and am still getting sick.
I am so sorry to hear you are still getting sick. Has it improved at all? I keep telling myself "any day now," and I really want to believe that's going to be the case. I hope it is just around the corner for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
My midwife (and many others) have theroized that women who get really sick for extended periods during pregnancy cannot handle the extra hormones in pregnancy. Their liver gets stressed and they literally get toxic.
So, tell me this, because I'd really like to rule myself out of this category of women. Does this happen with them in every pregnancy? This is my third, and I've never been sick like this before. I've always gotten better right around or before the end of the first tri. I think I'm getting better, but I am definitely not "all better" yet. I really want to believe that I will be soon, though. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever feel good again.

Brin, wife to my best friend , mother of three . and now homeschooling!!!
#126 of 273 Old 03-17-2009, 04:20 PM
Banned

Quote:

So, tell me this, because I'd really like to rule myself out of this category of women. Does this happen with them in every pregnancy? This is my third, and I've never been sick like this before. I've always gotten better right around or before the end of the first tri. I think I'm getting better, but I am definitely not "all better" yet. I really want to believe that I will be soon, though. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever feel good again.
Usually, but every pregnancy is different. There is no way to "rule yourself out" of the category, if you feel like your m/s is out of control, it probably is. If you get better, then you get better. If not, try medication. You'll thank yourself for it.
#127 of 273 Old 03-17-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Usually, but every pregnancy is different. There is no way to "rule yourself out" of the category, if you feel like your m/s is out of control, it probably is. If you get better, then you get better. If not, try medication. You'll thank yourself for it.
Oh, I'm already on the meds. I take Phenergan (Dr. won't prescribe anything stronger until he's tried everything starting at the bottom. Also, this isn't my regular HCP since we're having a homebirth), which by no means alleviates the sickness, but makes it so I can at least get out of bed in the morning. But, it knocks me out so badly that I can only take it at night. During the day I just have to "buck up" and go to work. When I get home at 3 with the kids I can usually keep it together for a while, but by 5:30 when DH comes home I am on the couch just counting down the hours until I can justify just going to bed to sleep through it.

It's not just nausea, though. I feel "sick" every day. Tired, headache, achy, sick to my stomach, weepy, and just plain "blah" in my head--like a hangover or really bad jet lag. The meds only help with the nausea and vomiting, and honestly that's the least of my discomforts at this point. Everyone says, "Oh, it's just pregnancy hormones. It will go away in just a couple of weeks." But I feel like crap almost all the time, and I'm so tired of it that I'm now pretty depressed, to boot.

Oh, wow, sorry for the rant.

#128 of 273 Old 03-17-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Oh, I'm already on the meds. I take Phenergan (Dr. won't prescribe anything stronger until he's tried everything starting at the bottom.
Brin, it's interesting that your doc starts with Phenergan. Before I could even ask for Zofran, my doc said that they start with Zofran (4 mg every 8 hrs), if that doesn't work go to Phenergan, and then if that doesn't work they use the pump (?).

I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#129 of 273 Old 03-17-2009, 06:33 PM

Thanks Talula Fairie. I'll try some dandelion. Is it the root or the leaves. Do you make a tea with it?

Brin My morning sickness has gotton worse in the past couple weeks. I had all day nausea starting at about 6 weeks. Before 10 weeks I only got sick 3 times. I could really manage it with food and avoid getting sick too often. It feels like it has ramped up since then. Eating doesn't really help anymore.

Talula that makes sense about the liver going toxic with the extra horomones. Isn't it around 12 weeks that the placenta takes over with some horomone production?

#130 of 273 Old 03-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh, I'm already on the meds. I take Phenergan (Dr. won't prescribe anything stronger until he's tried everything starting at the bottom. Also, this isn't my regular HCP since we're having a homebirth), which by no means alleviates the sickness, but makes it so I can at least get out of bed in the morning. But, it knocks me out so badly that I can only take it at night. During the day I just have to "buck up" and go to work. When I get home at 3 with the kids I can usually keep it together for a while, but by 5:30 when DH comes home I am on the couch just counting down the hours until I can justify just going to bed to sleep through it.

It's not just nausea, though. I feel "sick" every day. Tired, headache, achy, sick to my stomach, weepy, and just plain "blah" in my head--like a hangover or really bad jet lag. The meds only help with the nausea and vomiting, and honestly that's the least of my discomforts at this point. Everyone says, "Oh, it's just pregnancy hormones. It will go away in just a couple of weeks." But I feel like crap almost all the time, and I'm so tired of it that I'm now pretty depressed, to boot.

Oh, wow, sorry for the rant.
Phenegran is a crap med imo. It never worked for me and it makes you SUPER drowsy. Call the doctor and tell him it's not working and beg for Zofran, that's what I would do anyway.

I understand how you feel, oh how I understand. If I am not vomiting and nauseous, I have mind numbing fatigue. This was a surprise pregnancy and I think my body was really not ready for it. I've spent most of it on my sofa
#131 of 273 Old 03-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks Talula Fairie. I'll try some dandelion. Is it the root or the leaves. Do you make a tea with it?

Brin My morning sickness has gotton worse in the past couple weeks. I had all day nausea starting at about 6 weeks. Before 10 weeks I only got sick 3 times. I could really manage it with food and avoid getting sick too often. It feels like it has ramped up since then. Eating doesn't really help anymore.

Talula that makes sense about the liver going toxic with the extra horomones. Isn't it around 12 weeks that the placenta takes over with some horomone production?
I think to some extent, but your body is still producing enough hormones to equal about 100 birth control pills a day (according to my midwife). You have to clear it out somehow, regardless of whether it's your adrenals or the placenta creating the actual hormone, it's still in your system. I believe it's Dandelion leaves. I take the capsules.

There is a really good thread about preventing HG and morning sickness, but unfortunately, it's mostly prevention work you need to do so I've noticed it's not as helpful for when you're already pregnant. Lots of focus on liver cleansing. There's a link to it in the hyperemesis thread.

Personally for me, my morning sickness gets even worse around 12 weeks! 11-15 weeks is traditionally the worst time for me, and this pregnancy was no exception.
#132 of 273 Old 03-17-2009, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

You guys aren't giving me any hope... Here I am at 6 weeks 2 days, and I really don't think I can handle anymore. I do remember it getting worse at around 10 weeks with dd1. Dd2's pregnancy is a blur I can't really remember it at all, though the m/s didn't seem as bad with her.
I've been sipping ice cold water through a straw all day today, and it's actually helping a bit. But I find what helps one day doesn't help the next day. So we will see what tomorrow brings.
Very interesting about the liver and not being able to help the hormones. It makes a lot of sense to me. I found some dandelion tea the other day at the organic market. I think I'll get some and see if it helps.

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
#133 of 273 Old 03-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
You guys aren't giving me any hope... Here I am at 6 weeks 2 days, and I really don't think I can handle anymore. I do remember it getting worse at around 10 weeks with dd1. Dd2's pregnancy is a blur I can't really remember it at all, though the m/s didn't seem as bad with her.
I've been sipping ice cold water through a straw all day today, and it's actually helping a bit. But I find what helps one day doesn't help the next day. So we will see what tomorrow brings.
Very interesting about the liver and not being able to help the hormones. It makes a lot of sense to me. I found some dandelion tea the other day at the organic market. I think I'll get some and see if it helps.
Well fwiw, most of the people I know who had "normal" m/s didn't get HG in any of their other pregnancies, so it probably really will clear up for you as time goes on. 6 weeks is a pretty pukey time for most women.
#134 of 273 Old 03-17-2009, 08:33 PM

Thanks Talula, I'll look at the health food store next time for dandelion leaf capsules.

#135 of 273 Old 03-17-2009, 10:37 PM

I'm tired of feeling bloated and tired. Please send me non-bloating and non-tiredness vibes.

28 - DD 11/3/09 (planned homebirth)
:
#136 of 273 Old 03-18-2009, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Well fwiw, most of the people I know who had "normal" m/s didn't get HG in any of their other pregnancies, so it probably really will clear up for you as time goes on. 6 weeks is a pretty pukey time for most women.
I must admit I am thankful I don't get HG! I was reading my pregnancy journal from the last two pregnancies, and with both of them I started puking at 8 weeks, so it is early for me to already be puking. It looks like my memory served me correctly 8-12 weeks was the worse for both of them. But I had a note in there saying that with my second pregnancy I learned by week 10 that if I went to bed at 7:30 slept till 8, then had napped when my 7 month old napped I felt a lot better. So I'm thinking this time around half my battle with m/s is just sheer exhaustion. DH can't help at all as he is in his last week of practicum. And dd1 doesn't nap. And dd2 is teething and awake at night for hours on end. My inlaws are coming next week though, so I should be able to get some sleep in then.

HadhratKhadija- non-bloating, non-tiredness vibesa heading your way : (but I don't think they will work on you. sorry )

#137 of 273 Old 03-18-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
So I'm thinking this time around half my battle with m/s is just sheer exhaustion.
I'm finding a similar connection. The night that my m/s kicked in, I had been up most of the night before. When I go to bed early (8-9pm) and get up around 6:30, I'm waaay less nauseous the next day.

#138 of 273 Old 03-18-2009, 12:19 PM

minsca: I'm so sorry that the plague has really gotten you down. I have cried myself to sleep on several occasions, especially early on when it first started, because I felt so bad, and then depressed about feeling so bad. In the last week or so I have started having days, or at least parts of days, that aren't as bad. I take that as a good sign that things are improving....slowly. Its pretty cool that you have previous pregnancy journals to look back on. All I have is my foggy memory, and my last pregnancy was nearly 6 years ago, so I've forgotten a lot. I do remember, though, that last time my sickness just went away all at once. Like, one day I was puking, and the next day I was fine. I keep waiting for that day to come!

HadhratKhadija: Sending : your way. I would also like the bloating and extreme fatigue to go away. The last time I threw up was the least bloated I've felt in weeks, it was like a little valve got released and all the pressure went away. Anyway, the bloat certainly came back.

ShwarmaQueen: I haven't been up past 9PM in over a month. The exhaustion is a big factor in my sickness. I can't wait until coffee stops repulsing me, cause I'll be all over a little caffeine to help me through. (I know that's not very PC, but I just don't give a damn!)

Talula Fairie: I'm going to take it as a good sign that I've never had HG before, and that my m/s will probably go away like it does for most. I know there are exceptions, but I'm going to err on the side of hopefulness for once. I hope you start to feel better soon.

#139 of 273 Old 03-18-2009, 01:07 PM

Ok, so I've been trying not to stress, but it's harder than I'd like! Generally I'm a laidback person who wouldn't worry about a pregnancy (ie. about poss m/c, about baby's health, etc) but... my sis had a stillbirth at 20 wks a few years ago, found it was due to MTHFR, got myself tested and voila, I have the same mutation. So that's issue #1. Then, had an endocrine issue last year which seems to be resolved after surgery, but still worries me - #2. These things cause me to read up a lot and research (my style anyway) and maybe spend too much time on MDC forums, and therefore think about too many poss of things going wrong, seeing lots of ladies lose their babies early, etc. - #3. I'm only 5w5d so I feel like I'm so far from being out of hte danger zone!

So anyway, I have a MW appt at a BC in early April. But when I went to the gyn last summer and explained all the health issues and asked about preg, he said I'm fine, low risk, no special treatment, except he'd want to do a Beta w/a 48 hour repeat, as soon as I got the BFP to confirm viability and then an early sono for same reason. Since his office is kinda far, he gave me an undated script for the beta and a progesterone level check and told me to use it when the time came.

I debated doing it now that I got my BFP 2 weeks ago, bc I felt like it was taking advantage of him/his office to use their script to do it since I don't plan on using him for prenatal care. However, I'm stressed enough that I felt like it would help to hear some good news if it comes out ok, and if I do m/c, I'll need him to manage/observe that to make sure I'm ok during hte process, and if the BC can't resolve the ins issues, I could possibly end up with him anyway. So this am, I decide to go to the lab and get the test done, and put a date on myself. Well he hadn't put a diagnostic code, so the lab called the office and they were apparently confused since I hadn't been there on that date but in the end gave them a code to use. I couldn't talk to the sec to explain bc the lab called on their phone, and couldn't tell the lab about the date thing for fear they'd call the script invalid.

So they drew the blood but then I had to call the office anyway to get them to fax a new script for the 48 hr repeat. Ugh. So I got the VM and explained the doc had given it to me earlier...blah blah and so they just called me back and didn't sound too ticked, I don't think. They said they'd probably call me tomorrow with today's result and then I'll go back Friday for the repeat. Please keep your : that all is a-okay!! And help me not to stress meanwhile!!!!

Now I just have to figure out how to stall when they undoubtedly try to schedule me for the first sono/prenatal in the very near future... or maybe I should accept the appt and get it done and then later tell them I'm switching to the MW??

What do you ladies think?

Thanks for reading!! Had to vent!!

Mama to my beautiful DS bornhomebirth.jpg 11/09 and sweet DD born homebirth.jpg1/12.  angel1.gif Malaika 3/11 (8 wks).  winner.jpgnocirc.gifsaynovax.gifhola.gif

#140 of 273 Old 03-18-2009, 02:31 PM

mariacm: First, I am so sorry that you are so stressed out. I think MDC is a really great resource, and I am so glad to have found it (thanks to a very good friend), but it can definitely heighten the anxiety level. It's a panacea of all the problems that can and have gone wrong for pregnant women, and after seeing it/reading it over and over again, it really starts to sink in. For instance, we all know women who have experienced birth/pregnancy loss, but we aren't usually in situations where it happens once a week to someone around us, like it seems to around here. I think you have to take it with a grain of salt and realize that MDC, and the internet more generally, is not an accurate portrayal of "the real world." Think of it like this, its unusual for someone to sit down to type out a long letter about what a great experience they had and how normal and uneventful something was. Instead, people write long letters about bad things and things that go wrong, etc. Still, waaaaaaaaay more often than not, everything goes wonderfully and is totally "normal."

Second, you are not just a "patient" but a consumer as far as doctors go. The OB who gave you the script offered something to you that you are at liberty to take, and you owe him nothing in return (well, you did pay him, so you have given him what you owe him). I would say, feel free to take advantage of the resources that are offered to you, but you are in control of yourself, your pregnancy, and are the ultimate decider of who will provide your care. Likely, they aren't going to follow up on you in the future if you don't make a follow up appointment, and if they do you just say, "We have found a care provider that is more in line with our personal preferences and needs. Thank you for your time." (and then have them transfer all your records to the new place). With my last pregnancy I went to an OB to have a pregnancy test (and it was +), and they called several weeks later to ask why I hadn't made a first prenatal appointment. I explained to them that I would not be seeing them (and they were a little snarky with me), but then I never had to deal with them again. Remember, it's your body and your baby, not theirs. They are a business trying to make money, first and foremost.

I hope your numbers are great and that you get some peace of mind from it. But remember, too, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Don't assume there's a problem when you have no actual evidence to think so. And, remember, we're all here for you!

#141 of 273 Old 03-18-2009, 02:45 PM

:

#142 of 273 Old 03-18-2009, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Brin, you have so good with words. I was debating what exactly to say to maria, but you said it perfectly!!! So : to all that Brin said!

#143 of 273 Old 03-18-2009, 04:23 PM

Thank you, Brin and Shwarma and Minsca! You are totally right and I know I should worry less... it's just a matter of putting that into practice!

I really am feeling like I am in charge of this pregnancy - I just wish I could prescribe my own tests! haha... Really I'd like to avoid tests in general, I just feel at the same time I need some normal results to have peace of mind. Maybe with #2 I'll be fine, knowing #1 went well!

I do want to keep a good relationship with the OB bc I am 100% happy with him for gyn care and would trust him for compassionate and conservative m/c care - and even for a natural delivery. But he is one of 6 in his practice and I don't trust them all, so that's the issue using them for OB care (not to mention the hospital setting). So anyway, I do need to be careful with how I communicate with this doctor (and staff) to maintain a good relationship.

I will try to chill out and be calm and hope that this pregnancy continues uneventfully til the end!

Thanks for your support, mamas - as always!

Mama to my beautiful DS bornhomebirth.jpg 11/09 and sweet DD born homebirth.jpg1/12.  angel1.gif Malaika 3/11 (8 wks).  winner.jpgnocirc.gifsaynovax.gifhola.gif

#144 of 273 Old 03-18-2009, 05:42 PM

Thanks for the vibes mama's!! I heard the heart beat today and I feel fabulous! I have a great zen feeling that I don't need u/s and that God willing everything will be OK
So your positive vibes worked some how!! :

:
#145 of 273 Old 03-18-2009, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadhratKhadija View Post
Thanks for the vibes mama's!! I heard the heart beat today and I feel fabulous! I have a great zen feeling that I don't need u/s and that God willing everything will be OK
So your positive vibes worked some how!! :
: : Love that zen feeling! Everything will be ok!

#146 of 273 Old 03-18-2009, 08:23 PM

Hi Everyone!!
I haven't had a chance to read all the posts yet but wanted to say Hi!
I just got my BFP today and so it is still sinking in. It would explain my uncontrolled hunger the last few days. I can't seem to bring enough food to work to make it through. Starving! Plus still a bit crampy and getting bloated.
I've had a bit of implantation bleeding for a few days but seems to be on it's way out now. I guess due date wise, looks like Nov. 23rd.
I'm not feeling very Zen right now. I guess because the more I read up on things the more nervous I get. I guess the implantation bleeding really threw me off because I didn't have that last pg.
Anyway practiced my yoga this morning and trying toremember to slow down and breathe!!
#147 of 273 Old 03-18-2009, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi ladies! I feel an overwhelming urge to visit and say I miss y'all. I also had to stalk beebalmmama cause she just told us the great news over in TTCland. yay!!! : I think I may have Od! I'm so glad you're all doing well, nausea and all! I can't wait to join you again!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#148 of 273 Old 03-18-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
I can't wait to join you again!
And we can't wait for you to join us again!

#149 of 273 Old 03-18-2009, 11:10 PM

minsca - : yeah love it

beebalmmama - congratulations!!

Tear78 - here's sending you baby dust

:
#150 of 273 Old 03-18-2009, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
Hi ladies! I feel an overwhelming urge to visit and say I miss y'all. I also had to stalk beebalmmama cause she just told us the great news over in TTCland. yay!!! : I think I may have Od! I'm so glad you're all doing well, nausea and all! I can't wait to join you again!
We miss you! I can't wait until you are back here with us, too. Congrats on O'ing!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page