No-Stressor Pregnant Zen Queens - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 273 Old 03-27-2009, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
beebalmmama: Even though my nausea has gotten much better, I still have pretty strong food aversions and a very heightened sense of smell. It's awful to be able to smell EVERYTHING! I have been having sciatica the last couple of days, too. I find that any position works except laying on my back. I woke up last night and had been laying on my back, and when I got out of bed to go pee I had a shooting pain down my right side. Ouch!

On a good note, though, I went to my mw yesterday to see if we could hear the heartbeat (since we didn't hear it 2 weeks ago) and we found it. It was so reassuring to hear that little heartbeat!!!! I am 11w3d and we are going to start telling people soon. I can just see people's faces putting it all together when they find out. They'll be thinking, "That makes so much sense, now we know why Brin's been acting like such a b*&@# for the past 2 months, and why she wears the same clothes everyday and doesn't put on makeup anymore!" It really is that bad at work, I hate to admit it.

Have a great weekend ladies!

Brin, wife to my best friend , mother of three . and now homeschooling!!!
#182 of 273 Old 03-27-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinalicious View Post
I can just see people's faces putting it all together when they find out. They'll be thinking, "That makes so much sense, now we know why Brin's been acting like such a b*&@# for the past 2 months, and why she wears the same clothes everyday and doesn't put on makeup anymore!" It really is that bad at work, I hate to admit it.
Haha...this is soo me too!! I've been rotating the same few shirts and my one pair of maternity pants (I finally gave the seams in my reg pants a break)...and I've growled at a few people recently when they've told me good morning, "What's so good about it?" (of course they didn't know I was up 10 times the night before to puke, pee, and with insomnia!) :

I'll be glad to let that cat out of the bag at 13 weeks!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#183 of 273 Old 03-27-2009, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

to those with sciatica.

I seriously look pregnant (well I think I look pregnant, maybe to others it looks like I've just gained 10 lbs) but it is a distinct belly bump. I can't believe I look pregnant at almost 8 weeks. Craziness!!!

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
#184 of 273 Old 03-27-2009, 03:28 PM

brinalicious
I think for me lying on my back supported, I put a pillow under my low back to tip my pelvis, is taking the pressure off the nerve. Tried it last night for a while, but not all night. BUT, I have not gotten the stabbling pains yet (hopefully won't for some time, didn't get them until 4-5 months with ds 1). I have a lot of tightness in my psoas muscle and outer hip flexors which is why I think I get sciatic pain. So I'm working with certain yoga poses that help with that.

I'm not sleeping great. I'm waking up hungry and after I eat something I can't get back to sleep. It's seems like a no win situation here. I don't have any m/s yet though. The other day seemed to be a fluke, maybe it was a surge of hormones or something. Still though expecting some food aversions and yes a heightened sense of smell. I've been burning a fragrance candle in the kitchen after dinner to get rid of smells. I don't want to wake up at midnight and smell.....well anything.

Well I wear the same thing everyday too, but that is my uniform. I'm a little nervous about how soon I won't be able to get my pants on, well done up. I don't want to tell anyone at work yet. I bought a brown bella band to match my pants, but it would still be obvious to have it on especially to my uniform nazi boss. Hey but after the pg is known maybe I'll be uniform free! I would personally love that.
#185 of 273 Old 03-30-2009, 01:56 AM

Hi there,
I think this time I really do have the stomach flu. It was hard for me to tell at first. I don't usually get sick this many times in one day. I haven't been able to keep much food down for the last two days. I'm really hoping I get better soon.

Married Mama to two girls, A (4/06) and I (9/09).

#186 of 273 Old 03-30-2009, 02:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenStar View Post
Hi there,
I think this time I really do have the stomach flu. It was hard for me to tell at first. I don't usually get sick this many times in one day. I haven't been able to keep much food down for the last two days. I'm really hoping I get better soon.
I would say if you have any other symptoms like diarrhea, it's probably the flu. But as someone with HG, I can tell you that throwing up 6+ times in a day is not uncommon. I've even had stints where I was throwing up every hour round the clock, and it was not the flu.
#187 of 273 Old 03-30-2009, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
I would say if you have any other symptoms like diarrhea, it's probably the flu. But as someone with HG, I can tell you that throwing up 6+ times in a day is not uncommon. I've even had stints where I was throwing up every hour round the clock, and it was not the flu.
Ok, I am not going to complain any more about my 3-4 times a day anymore. Though can I say... 2 times by 9 am really sucks!! : hoping that my next small meal of "I don't know yet" will stay down.

#188 of 273 Old 03-30-2009, 12:29 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm really pleased to find this thread. This is my first post although I've been 'lurking' for several weeks now... I'll be 16 weeks on Wednesday.
Thank you so much for starting this thread/keeping it going - I feel better already and I will really try not to let everything in my life (partner - well not really but sometimes he upsets me - and work - especially work - everything is changing in my job and I just wish it wasn't happening now!) get on top of me any more, for my baby's sake.
It's starting to become really hard (been crying a lot today) but I will find a way through it and carry on with my stretches/excercise as they make me feel like I'm doing something positive.
Thanks!
#189 of 273 Old 03-30-2009, 12:56 PM

Hello rosemarydawn, and

RavenStar: I'm sorry you are so sick. I almost hope for you it is the flu, because that will go away in a day or so, but with HG it's anybody's guess.

minsca: I'm sorry for your puke-fest! I hope your next small meal does stay down!

beebalmmama: Other than the cat/cow position, I don't know what others help with sciatica. I'd love to hear what others you are using. My sciatica had a little flare-up, but hasn't been so bad for the past few days.

Talula Fairie: Now that you are further along, is your HG getting any better?

AFM: I had a rough weekend. I spent all day Saturday sleeping on the couch because I felt so sick. Then I couldn't fall asleep that night because I had slept all day. I just lay in bed and cried until I was worn out. It was pretty pathetic. Sunday wasn't as bad, but wasn't good, either.

I'm 12 weeks (well, tomorrow) and I really thought this would be over by now, or at least dramatically improved. I didn't think my meds were helping that much, but I missed a pill on Friday night, and I think that's why I was sooooo sick all day Saturday. Even though I took another pill as soon as I remembered on Saturday, I still just suffered all day. When is this s#!t going to end???? Aren't all the hormones supposed to mellow out right about now??? I'm so frustrated and depressed about this. I just want to know when it's going to end (and don't say in 6 months!!!!).

#190 of 273 Old 03-30-2009, 12:57 PM
Banned

It's definitely better than it was. I'm still queasy more often than not but I only vomit once every few days now.
#191 of 273 Old 03-30-2009, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

rosemarydawn

#192 of 273 Old 03-30-2009, 01:43 PM

Thanks for the welcome ladies, and I hope all of you as well as me feel better soon!
I'm worried that the depressed feelings I'm having will get worse and mean I have post-natal depression too, which I really don't want!!! But this is all new to me as it's my first so I hope the threads about that association I've read turn out to be untrue!.
Hmm my eyes are really stinging and I think I need to eat, but at least I'm not feeling like it's the end of the world any more.. maybe in a few hours I'll be able to smile and talk to my bump again.. fingers crossed!
#193 of 273 Old 03-30-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemarydawn View Post
Thanks for the welcome ladies, and I hope all of you as well as me feel better soon!
I'm worried that the depressed feelings I'm having will get worse and mean I have post-natal depression too, which I really don't want!!! But this is all new to me as it's my first so I hope the threads about that association I've read turn out to be untrue!.
Hmm my eyes are really stinging and I think I need to eat, but at least I'm not feeling like it's the end of the world any more.. maybe in a few hours I'll be able to smile and talk to my bump again.. fingers crossed!
Just wanted to reassure you that emotional ups and downs are really normal, especially early in pregnancy. Try not to get too ahead of yourself by reading scary threads about PPD! You can cross that bridge if you ever come to it, which hopefully you won't!

You're about to enter what I always thought was the most fun part of pregnancy. Have you felt your baby move yet? I felt my son's first kicks at 16 weeks. I can't wait to get to that point again (I'm 10 weeks now). Hope you'll be chatting with your bump again soon!

Mommy to a boy (6), girls (4&2), and our baby boy (8 months)

Missing Ashlyn 10/18/06 and Brennan 10/18/10
#194 of 273 Old 03-30-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom-to-jj View Post
Just wanted to reassure you that emotional ups and downs are really normal, especially early in pregnancy.
:

I'm feeling very low and combined with the puking, some days it's just too much. It's normal...and it gets better in the second tri, don't worry mamma!

I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#195 of 273 Old 03-30-2009, 04:06 PM

Thanks mom-to-jj and ShwarmaQueen!
#196 of 273 Old 03-30-2009, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

It is very normal to feel down when pregnant... especially where you are. I remember (and I have it written down in my journal) feeling really really depressed at around 16 weeks with dd1. I go up and down with feeling low throughout the pregnancy, but the first 16-20 weeks always seem to be the worse. : It does suck to feel low all the time.

#197 of 273 Old 03-31-2009, 08:12 AM

Thanks a million everyone! It's really reassuring to know that what I'm feeling is normal and it will get better. It's the one thing it doesn't tell me about in the pregnancy book in the pack my midwife gave me - perhaps I'll suggest it as an addition for future editions to help other expectant mums..!

It's hard on my partner as well because he tries to help me but doesn't really understand what the problem is and sometimes I just make him miserable too, which makes me worse.. I got in trouble yesterday for saying that I was worried about 'my' baby - it's sweet that he wants to be involved so much to get affronted when I don't say 'our' baby!

How are you all feeling today?
#198 of 273 Old 03-31-2009, 12:06 PM

Holy sweet tooth!!!! I just can't get enough chocolate and sweets the last couple of days. For the last several weeks I have hardly been able to choke down orange juice without diluting by nearly half, because it was too sweet. Now, I just want candy. Yesterday I went to the grocery store and bought chocolate covered marshmallows (my favorite), a Cadbury creme egg, a Reese's peanut butter egg, Reese's pieces, Woppers, and a coconut creme egg! Of course, I only nibbled on them and didn't eat them all, but I wanted to. I also bought Captain Crunch and Cinnamon Life cereal because I HAD to have it.

I think I'm going to tell my boss today. I'm kind of nervous, not because I think her reaction will be bad, but because I feel like now the floodgates have opened and everyone will know very shortly. I've never kept my previous pregnancies a secret this long, and I've never had any kind of loss (I know this does not make me immune), but I'm so much more wary about it this time. I think it's because a very good friend of mine had a loss at 16 weeks last December and it really felt like that hit close to home for me. It's definitely made me more cautious this time. Anyway, wish me luck!

#199 of 273 Old 03-31-2009, 01:03 PM

Welcome rosemarydawn!

brinalicious and Ravenstar, I hope you feel better soon!

good luck with telling your boss brinalicious! I know what you mean about not being worried about her reaction, more that once you let it out, it's out. I'm trying to hold off telling until at least 16 weeks, but hopefully 18 or 20 wks, because there are a lot of people I just don't want to hear their comments until I'm absolutely showing and there's no avoiding it.

For those of you over 13 wks, when did you or have you felt movement yet? I'm only 13 wks, but I keep hearing about others feeling lots of movement who are also 13 wks. I am trying to reassure myself that everything is OK; I shouldn't be expecting movement until 18 wks. I know I might feel it earlier, but it makes me feel better knowing that some don't hear it until then even with the second baby.

I'm also trying to keep myself from worrying about having any sign of the baby until 18-20 wks since I'm not using the doppler or ultrasound. I didn't start showing with my first until 6 months, so I'm trying to prepare myself that I may not show, hear a heartbeat, or feel movement until 20 weeks. I realize I could use the doppler, but I feel like it would stress me out more if they didn't find it - and everything could be OK. Also, because there isn't enough research out there about the effects of them, I don't want to use the doppler or the us unless absolutely necessary.
#200 of 273 Old 03-31-2009, 03:33 PM

Thanks everyone. I am feeling so much better. I really think it was a stomach bug because I hadn't gotton sick for two weeks before that.

#201 of 273 Old 03-31-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degas View Post
For those of you over 13 wks, when did you or have you felt movement yet? I'm only 13 wks, but I keep hearing about others feeling lots of movement who are also 13 wks. I am trying to reassure myself that everything is OK; I shouldn't be expecting movement until 18 wks. I know I might feel it earlier, but it makes me feel better knowing that some don't hear it until then even with the second baby.
I don't want to discount what others are reporting, but I think the chances of feeling movement from a 13 week fetus is highly unlikely, truth be told (I guess not impossible, but not at all probable). At 13 weeks the baby is not even 3 inches long and weighs barely an ounce. Something that little would have to make some pretty intense movements for it to be able to be felt through the inch to several inches of skin and fat and fluid that are between your skin and the baby. I wouldn't give it a second thought. I think I felt both of my sons around 18 weeks--most people say sometime between 16 and 24 weeks (by the way, that's a 2 month difference in time).

RavenStar: I'm so glad you are feeling better!

#202 of 273 Old 04-01-2009, 10:28 AM

I'm 16 weeks today and haven't felt anything that I was sure about yet. I thought I felt something while in the bath last week but I'm pretty sure it was the water sloshing around on my tummy and playing tricks!!
#203 of 273 Old 04-02-2009, 11:17 PM

So, the cat's out of the bag. Everyone knows! I told my boss, my parents told all there friends, and I discretely announced it on Facebook. From there the word traveled fast. I had one student bring be a jar of pickles and a chocolate bar, and another student bring me a bag of these great locally made oatmeal cookies. I have no idea how the students are finding out (I'm an academic advisor in a department at a university), but I was really touched by their cute gifts.

I think I am starting to feel better, but am now fighting off a head cold that my son gave me. I'm hoping that once that goes away I'll have really turned the corner. The silver lining about the cold, though, is that my sense of smell has decreased dramatically....I wish I could ditch the cold but keep that part .

#204 of 273 Old 04-03-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinalicious View Post
I think I am starting to feel better, but am now fighting off a head cold that my son gave me. I'm hoping that once that goes away I'll have really turned the corner.
Mee too! I've got a nasty cold and of course can't take anything! : Are you using any herbs? I slept 12 hours last night and thought that might do the trick, but nope!

It is such a relief that you can talk about it freely, right? Although, I'm sick and tired, atleast everyone knows why I'm having a pity party for myself!

#205 of 273 Old 04-03-2009, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

to those with colds. DH has had a cough for the past 3 weeks. I guess the joys of being a teacher include getting every cold and flu that come along. Thankfully the girls and I didn't get it. And I think we are out of the woods now. I couldn't imagine having m/s and a cold right now. I would be even more miserable to live with.

Brin- how did you announce it discreetly on facebook. I've been trying to figure out a way to discreetly announce it on facebook, but I'm going to wait till 12 weeks I think. Or perhaps after I hear the heartbeat at my 12 week appointment.

Well we move tomorrow. I'm used to moving, but this place has been the longest we have lived in one place since we got married. (21 months here). And of course we have never chosen to move just 10 or 20 minutes away. It's always been lets move 7 hrs away. This is a relatively close move being only 4.5 hrs from here. I'm really hoping the girls won't be too upset by moving.

#206 of 273 Old 04-03-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsca View Post
I'm really hoping the girls won't be too upset by moving.
We moved 5 times before I was a teenager and I was never upset. It was exciting to get to explore a new place! The only lasting effect would be that I love traveling, so watch out!!!

#207 of 273 Old 04-05-2009, 08:28 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ladies, I hope it's ok if I post here to send my thoughts to BHappy. She posted in the loss board today, and I wanted to offer her and and *love*. Is it ok to suggest an "In Our Thoughts" section to the first page list? BHappy was here for longer than me, and it might be nice to honor her little one. Please let me know if it doesn't flow with the zen of this page. Love you, ladies! I'm sending and happiness to all of you!!! As always, hoping to rejoin you soon!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#208 of 273 Old 04-05-2009, 11:52 PM

Tear,
I think that's a good idea.
Sending my thoughts and to Bhappy.

#209 of 273 Old 04-06-2009, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

to BHappy. And I think that is a great idea Tear. I will add it today.

#210 of 273 Old 04-06-2009, 11:53 AM

lots of s to BHappy. I think the idea of an "In Our Thoughts" section is very nice.

minsca: To answer your Facebook question, I did this mosaic thing that someone sent me that asks you 12 questions and you paste an image into this template that answers the question. One of the questions was something like, "how are you feeling," which I answered by putting a picture of a pregnant belly. Then I tagged a whole bunch of people in the note and they responded with questions about being pregnant, which I then confirmed. I also put my status as "The cat's out of the bag, thank God I can stop wearing all those baggy clothes." Then pretty much everyone got it. By the way, how was the move?

AFM: I had a pretty good weekend and I think I am finally rounding the corner on the all-day m/s. My cold is also nearly gone, so I'm doing much better. I'm still taking my anti-nausea med cause I'm a little afraid to stop taking it and then "relapse", IYKWIM? For those who have taken the meds before, when do you know it's OK to stop?

I hope everyone had a good weekend!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page