Forum Jump: 

#241 of 273 Old 05-18-2009, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenStar View Post
We're having a girl!
I'm so excited for DD to have a little sister.
Oh Congratulations!!! That is so exciting. I love having my two girls, they are the best of friends (and the worst of enemies at times).

And thank you for finding this thread again.... I didn't bookmark it : and since I don't seem to spend as much time online anymore now that it is summer, I couldn't seem to find it in my half hearted attempt at finding it. So now it is bookmarked!! And now I better get busy and update everyone!

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
#242 of 273 Old 05-18-2009, 09:13 PM

: Yay for little girls! Congrats, RavenStar!

Mommy to a boy (6), girls (4&2), and our baby boy (8 months)

Missing Ashlyn 10/18/06 and Brennan 10/18/10
#243 of 273 Old 06-05-2009, 06:08 PM

Woo hoo! I am joining this thread. I need to be zen bc these weeks are stressful! I am soooooooooo ready to be pregnant. Love you ladies!!!

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#244 of 273 Old 06-05-2009, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
Woo hoo! I am joining this thread. I need to be zen bc these weeks are stressful! I am soooooooooo ready to be pregnant. Love you ladies!!!
Wow thanks for bumping Lauren! Haha you ARE prego silly- there's no being "ready"! The beginning is kinda boring...now that i have a little bump going on and an appetite, I'm happy! :

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#245 of 273 Old 06-05-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen View Post
Wow thanks for bumping Lauren! Haha you ARE prego silly- there's no being "ready"! The beginning is kinda boring...now that i have a little bump going on and an appetite, I'm happy! :
I definitely have an appetite!! : hehe I wonder how long it lasts. I just want these first weeks to pass so I can see the baby, hear the heartbeat and feel more comfortable shouting out from the rooftop, I AM GOING TO BE A MOMMY TO SOMETHING BESIDES A DOG!!!!!

#246 of 273 Old 06-05-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
I just want these first weeks to pass so I can see the baby, hear the heartbeat and feel more comfortable shouting out from the rooftop, I AM GOING TO BE A MOMMY TO SOMETHING BESIDES A DOG!!!!!
It's a pretty amazing feeling! And now for the most-loved TTC word I'm sure you had gotten used to - RELAX! As long as you're not bleeding/cramping, chances are everything is peachy keen! To pass time you could create a registry and start picking out maternity clothes (just don't buy anything yet)...that's what I did!

I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#247 of 273 Old 06-06-2009, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen View Post
It's a pretty amazing feeling! And now for the most-loved TTC word I'm sure you had gotten used to - RELAX! As long as you're not bleeding/cramping, chances are everything is peachy keen! To pass time you could create a registry and start picking out maternity clothes (just don't buy anything yet)...that's what I did!
ooooh I could do that. My husband wants to go to the stores and register. I am thinking that is jumping the gun just a bit I have a good feeling about this pregnancy, it just seems surreal and I am getting impatient! hahaha I want to be out of the first trimester danger zone. I know noting is ever 100% safe of course, but I think I need to ignore those other what ifs for the time being you know?

#248 of 273 Old 06-06-2009, 06:14 PM

Yay I'm glad to see this thread revived! I haven't posted much through the weeks of m/s but it is on it's way out. I am finally starting to feel normal again. I went shopping last week for some big clothes. I was stoked to get some great shorts and long shirts at the goodwill that should get me through the summer. I'm not getting any maternity until late summer. Last pg I couldn't wear maternity until 6 months, so I have not idea what this time will be like.
I received a TON of maternity clothes but unfortunately they were way to big for me. We also got a lot of baby boy clothes, which I sooo don't need but it will be nice to have a few new things. But the woman who gave them to us also has a bunch of girl stuff too which we will need IF it's a girl. DH and DS are still determined it is a girl. I really don't know, I thought DS was a girl .
Everything is feeling pretty good, but I'm just SUPER bloated. I'm hoping it will subside soon.
#249 of 273 Old 06-07-2009, 01:32 AM

Hi everyone! It's so many of my old friend from the TTC forum- yay! ::

I'm a into my 16th week now

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#250 of 273 Old 06-07-2009, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for reviving this Lauren! So excited to have you here!! What week are you in? I'll add you and then update everyone (sorry I'm 3 weeks behind) : I'm not on as much as I used to be with summer finally here.

#251 of 273 Old 06-07-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliShanti View Post
Hi everyone! It's so many of my old friend from the TTC forum- yay! ::

I'm a into my 16th week now
: Yay for old friends in new pregnancy forums!! So happy for you gals!

I'll be 20 weeks on Tuesday. Been battling some migraines this week, but that's about it. This baby is less active than DS, but I feel him every evening when I sit down and put my feet up. We have our big ultrasound on Wednesday. I had been pretty positive that it was another boy, but now that we are close to finding out, I'm waffling a bit. Still, excited to find out one way or another.

#252 of 273 Old 06-07-2009, 07:55 PM

I am 5 weeks this week. So it is still early. I am getting pretty excited. The parents and in laws are horrible at keeping a secret so I guess if they tell people, . If, God forbid, something happens, I know it will not be my fault and it's nothing to feel shamed about, you know??? I have some dull twinges/pains in my uterus. I hope this is normal...

#253 of 273 Old 06-08-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
I am 5 weeks this week. So it is still early. I am getting pretty excited. The parents and in laws are horrible at keeping a secret so I guess if they tell people, . If, God forbid, something happens, I know it will not be my fault and it's nothing to feel shamed about, you know??? I have some dull twinges/pains in my uterus. I hope this is normal...
With my first, I felt cramping off and on every day for over a month. You've got lots of changes going on in there. All those twinges you're feeling are normal...you're growing a baby!!

#254 of 273 Old 06-08-2009, 12:44 PM

It's nice to see everyone posting again. I'm 22 weeks (well, I will be tomorrow) and am feeling pretty good. I look VERY pregnant! Other than the Braxton Hicks ctx, everything is great, but to tell you the truth the ctx are driving me nuts. We had our u/s a little over a week ago, but didn't find out the gender. I still think it's another boy, which I'm really excited about. He's moving a lot these days, which is so much fun.

Glad to have you here Lauren!!! I had lots of cramping and a heavy feeling at the beginning too. Now I have tight stretching feelings and BH ctx. Still, everything is great and baby is healthy and so am I. Try not to worry...what you are experiencing is totally normal.

Brin, wife to my best friend , mother of three . and now homeschooling!!!
#255 of 273 Old 09-26-2009, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Ok I'm dragging this thread out of oblivion because I heard that RavenStar had her baby ::: congrats!!!! and because I'm worried about Octobermoon. I also want to know how the rest of you are doing, I know it's getting close for many of you! Thinking of you ladies! and :

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#256 of 273 Old 09-26-2009, 06:07 PM

Yay Ravenstar and Octobermoon!

I know there are many more Zen babies on the way soon...

#257 of 273 Old 09-27-2009, 05:29 PM

I have been looking for a tribe for a while and think this one might be it for me if you will all have me. My road to pregnancy was stressful and the first 14 weeks have been equally stressful and I am so ready to just be myself and relax the rest of the time.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Sonja (37), Scott (40), Brandon born on St Patricks day 3/17/20102
#258 of 273 Old 09-28-2009, 01:11 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for resurrecting this thread Tear!! (I'm still following you on bitter sushi, and think of you lots!)
I've been thinking I need to do it just to get updates on everyone. I'll update the first page tomorrow.... but in the meantime welcome effervescentmind!!

#259 of 273 Old 09-28-2009, 04:06 AM

I have been really good about not stressing much! I think last night my husband felt the baby move for the first time last night. I always think, hmmm was that gas? A fish? the baby!?!?! LOL he said he felt it! He sounded pretty excited about it. Right now I am keeping myself busy planning a thanksgiving weekend trip to Berlin. Also, I have to figure out whether I should Substitute teach on post or not. It seems like a good idea but maybe it will make me tired or God Forbid get the flu! I have not gotten a flu shot and am not sure whether I should or not. OK I guess I am stressing about that! lol.

#260 of 273 Old 09-28-2009, 12:43 PM

I was so surprised to see this thread up again! It got started when I was first pregnant, and now I'm about ready to give birth. I'm 38 weeks and totally not stressed! I'd love to know when baby is coming (or at least when baby is not coming, so I can get some things finished in time). We are pretty much ready, so anytime is really OK with me. My last was almost 2 weeks early, but I'm trying not to get myself psyched out about that, in case this one is late or something.

Congrats to the moms who have had their babies!!!

Brin, wife to my best friend , mother of three . and now homeschooling!!!
#261 of 273 Old 09-28-2009, 02:09 PM

Good to "see" you ladies again! I love how we are so non-stressing that we haven't even posted in three months. I'm 36 weeks tomorrow and will have my first internal exam and the GBS test. Desperately hoping to test negative for GBS this time around so I can labor at home for longer.

#262 of 273 Old 09-28-2009, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Ok I think I've updated it correctly. But double check please!!! My brain is full on pregnancy mode today, so please excuse any and all mistakes!!

I'm not stressing, well I'm trying not to stress. Both dd's came at 37 weeks, which is only 3 weeks away now. So I'm starting to panic a little bit. I don't know if I'm panicing because I'm not ready to have a baby in 3 weeks, or if I'm panicing because what if I go the full 40 weeks or even later this time.

Mostly though I'm starting to get really excited about meeting this little one.

#263 of 273 Old 09-28-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsca View Post
I'm not stressing, well I'm trying not to stress. Both dd's came at 37 weeks, which is only 3 weeks away now. So I'm starting to panic a little bit. I don't know if I'm panicing because I'm not ready to have a baby in 3 weeks, or if I'm panicing because what if I go the full 40 weeks or even later this time.

Mostly though I'm starting to get really excited about meeting this little one.
How are you doing with the irritable uterus? I was thinking about you the other day when we had our first DDC baby- I was sure it was going to be you!

I'm not stressing but soooo freakin' excited! I'm not even counting on him coming until 41-42 weeks though!

#264 of 273 Old 09-28-2009, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

oh I still have the irritable uterus. As long as I drink cranberry juice and don't get any bladder infections then I only get the contractions when I'm busy walking. Now that the baby's dropped I'm taking it a lot more easy these days as I feel pressure whenever a contraction comes.
But I'm confident I can make it to 37 weeks. I actually have a lot of energy these days and am just dying to start walking again. So I'll probably "allow" myself to start walking again at 37 weeks, as it may jumpstart labour like it did with dd2. But I've also joined an iu yahoo group and it seems like just because a person has iu doesn't mean that they go early. It just means that they have a lot of contractions and more worry.
I must admit I've stopped worrying about the contractions as I can always get them to stop within a couple of hours if I lay down or take a bath. And of course the closer and closer I get to edd the less and less I worry about it. Though I still would feel a lot better about them once I hit "full term" at 37 weeks.

#265 of 273 Old 09-29-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsca View Post
Thanks for resurrecting this thread Tear!! (I'm still following you on bitter sushi, and think of you lots!)
I've been thinking I need to do it just to get updates on everyone. I'll update the first page tomorrow.... but in the meantime welcome effervescentmind!!
Thanks, minsca! I have to admit that my other more painful motive for checking in on you ladies is that today was to be my due date. I'm so glad to see that you are all doing so well and healthy, and I can't wait to hear when your little ones arrive!

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#266 of 273 Old 09-29-2009, 08:07 AM

Tear take care of yourself today. I really hope you ovulate too... that would be bittersweet...

#267 of 273 Old 09-29-2009, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
Thanks, minsca! I have to admit that my other more painful motive for checking in on you ladies is that today was to be my due date.
I still think about my first little one's due date. Lots of love to you today.

#268 of 273 Old 09-29-2009, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Oh Tear... I am so sorry. I am thinking of you... and sending you lots and lots of and

#269 of 273 Old 09-29-2009, 11:06 AM

Tear.

#270 of 273 Old 09-30-2009, 07:17 AM

Thanks ladies! I made it! It helps to know I was going through it with so much support. I didn't ovulate, but I think that's probably better not to have that association. But c'mon today, eggie! :

Remembering our 3 losses

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page