No-Stressor Pregnant Zen Queens - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-28-2009, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, the idea of this new thread is to bring together all the no-stressor TTCers who've gotten knocked up, as well as to welcome any other pregnant zen queens who want to stay chill and think positive thoughts.

ps - The road to "no-stressing" will be full of sharing our anxieties and reminding each other that we'll be ok. However the main goal of this thread is to make a place where we can avoid seeing scary headings and reading stories that will stress us out.

Soooo.......without further ado...

:Welcome No-Stressor Pregnant Zen Queens:
Please make change requests in Bold, and make sure to let me know what week you're in if you'd like it listed. All updates as to how far along are assumed to be from the day of your last period.

Week Three
Implantation Week!, 0.1-0.2mm

Week Four
Yolk Sac Appears...what the?

Week Five
Heart Starts Beating!!!, 1.5-2.5mm

Week Six
Limb Buds Appear, 4-6mm

Week Seven
Hand Plates Present, 7-9mm

Week Eight
Spontaneous Movement Begins!, 8-11mm

Week Nine
Elbows, and Fingers, and Toes, Oh My!, 13-17mm

Week Ten
Bye, Bye, Tail! 1.06-1.38in

Week Eleven
Fingernails and Toenails 1.75-2in

Week Twelve
Brain Structure Intact ~2.5-3.5in

Week Thirteen
Starts to Move~2.5in-3.5in

Week Fourteen
Sucks his/her thumb ~3.5in

Week Fifteen
Skin is forming, right now it is transparent~3.7-4.1in

Week Sixteen
Baby can hiccup~4-5in

Week Seventeen
Baby has fat deposits forming ~5in

Week Eighteen
Can be fingerprinted and toeprinted~5.5in

Week Nineteen
Hair is growing~6in

Week Twenty
Vernix Caseosa is covering Baby~6.5in

Week Twenty-One
Baby's Legs reach their final relative proportion~7in

Week Twenty-Two
Starts to make blinking movements~7.5in

Week Twenty-Three
350ml or 1.5 cups of amniotic fluid

Week Twenty-Four

Week Twenty-Five

Week Twenty-Six

Week Twenty-Seven

Week Twenty-Eight

Week Twenty-Nine

Week Thirty

Week Thirty-One

Week Thirty-Two

beebalmama

Week Thirty-Three

Week Thirty-Four

mangai
minsca
greenmom17

Week Thirty-Five

Bena
ShwarmaQueen

Week Thirty-Six

mom-to-jj
Zjande
RM1117
blueyezz4

Week Thirty-Seven

cileag
brinalicious

Week Thirty-Eight

Week Thirty-Nine

Astar326
Firewoman
Degas

Week Forty

texmati

Week Forty-One

Octobermoon
midwestmeg
rosemarydawn

Graduates

Talula Fairy Emma Margaret- Aug 18th
confustication Keegan Ryan - Sept 17th
RavenStar Iva Lenora - Sept 18th
Octobermoon - Sept 19th

In Our Thoughts
Tear78
BHappy

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2009, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

First of all a great big thank you to Tear78 for starting this thread!!! Tear, we can not wait to have you back with us soon! Take care of yourself!

and everyone to the new thread! How is everyone feeling these days?

Old 02-28-2009, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thank you, minsca! It means so much to me that this thread continues on. I'll see you all so soon!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 03-01-2009, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

I won't be able to fill your shoes Tear, but I will try my best!

As I was laying in the bath last night I was thinking about how much more zen like I am with my third pregnancy vs my first. I remember being so stressed out when I was pregnant with dd1 by the temp of my bath, what food I ate, what I did or didn't drink. By the second pregnancy I enjoyed my baths, ate whatever I wanted (sushi included)... well I shouldn't say that I stopped eating dairy in my second pregnancy because it made me puke. I've never been able to return to eating dairy either.
And I know shockers of shockers... with dd2 I even would drink a small glass of wine when the prodromal labor contractions got too bad. As combined with a nice warm, ok, hot bath it would do the trick to get the contractions to stop every single time. (except for the time it didn't and I had a baby the next day).

Old 03-01-2009, 11:27 AM

I belong here!!!!

I'm at week 5, I think (I conceived around Feb 11th).

I've had cramps all week, and yesterday a couple of them were pretty strong, although I have to admit that they are getting less and less often. Last night I was having a breakdown of some sort, convinced I was either not pregnant for real or not able to keep the pregnancy. My DP told me I need to chill and relax and trust my body and then asked "Isn't there a thread or something you can join about this in that mothering forum you go too?"

AND THERE YOU ARE!!!

Looking forward to the next nine months with all of you!!!
Old 03-01-2009, 12:21 PM

I love this thread already. Lots of gooood vibes! I'm not paranoid at all re pregnancy...I'm chillin'!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

Old 03-01-2009, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Bena. We will try our best to keep you sane and not stressed out. Cramping is normal, or just general weird sensations down there. But it is kind of freaky when you don't expect it.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:18 PM

I always feel just a little more relaxed after reading this thread. The nausea has continued to be bad--enough so that I called into work on Friday night, but managed to get through last night. We'll see how tonight goes. Other than that, I feel great from about 3-9pm, which is so wonderful! Here's to hoping I just have another week or two of this!

Mama to P. born at home 10/09, and W. born in the hospital 2/13

Old 03-01-2009, 03:57 PM

Hi mamas

M/s is in full swing around here. Mostly just feeling queasy all day and night. Today I just must have food in me all the time or I really feel nauseous. : This is the closest I've been to actually vomiting. (sorry )

Fun fun fun!

Otherwise, all is well. DD dreamed last night that it was a boy.

I still haven't decided what to do about my prenatal care. Since we're moving in July, I'm going to call my midwife from DD (we're moving back to where we lived when she was born). But I have kaiser insurance now. So I'm also thinking of seeing a mw at kaiser here until we move. Just undecided what to do.

Have a lovely Sunday. Hope your week is off to a good start!

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

Old 03-01-2009, 07:48 PM

I'm here!!!! I conceived on Valentines day so where does that put me? Would it count from cd1?? Which would be February 6th. I'll post more later.

Whatever will be, already is...

Old 03-01-2009, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

I hoped you would show up sooner or later BelovedK. You are in the same week as me. Except for I move it on every Sunday. So you are/or will be this week in your 5th week (as in I'm 28, but I'm in my 29th year). Make sense?

Old 03-01-2009, 09:22 PM

I think I am also in my 5th week. On Wednesday I'll be officially 5 weeks...or wait...does that make sense?

I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

Old 03-02-2009, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

Tear was moving everyone ahead on Sunday for simplicity sake. So I'm going to continue on that trend. So Shwarma, though you are in your 5th week today, on wednesday (at 5 weeks prego) you will be in your 6th week. So that is why you are in the 6th week category. I can't seem to find the right words to say that correctly, but I hope you get what I'm trying to convey.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsca View Post
Tear was moving everyone ahead on Sunday for simplicity sake. So I'm going to continue on that trend. So Shwarma, though you are in your 5th week today, on wednesday (at 5 weeks prego) you will be in your 6th week. So that is why you are in the 6th week category. I can't seem to find the right words to say that correctly, but I hope you get what I'm trying to convey.
I see. I'm ok with that. Makes me excited to think ahead! :

Old 03-02-2009, 01:16 AM

Hello everyone!
Thanks for taking care of the thread minsca. Also welcome to you Minsca, BelovedK, Shwarma and Bena! This thread is so great. So tuesday I start the second trimester! It doesn't feel quite real, except that my belly is getting more round every week. I'm still nauseous too. I also have to pretty much eat all day, otherwise I feel worse.
With DD I had nausea until 16 weeks or so. A couple days ago I thought it was getting better, now today I felt yucky all day. I keep telling myself that this is temporary and this little babe is worth a few more weeks of this.
Our DD came with me to our last appoinment and was scared of the noise the doppler makes. Luckily our MW will switch to the fetoscope once the baby's big enough. DD was singing and talking to the baby today and "knocking on the baby's door" (my belly button) ha ha.

Married Mama to two girls, A (4/06) and I (9/09).

Old 03-02-2009, 12:43 PM

If you have a chance, can you bump me ahead a bit in weeks? To ummmmm 12. Eep!

lol- let's just skip over that whole first trimester, apparently I didn't notice much of it....
Old 03-02-2009, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

I have bumbed you confustication. I would love to skip the whole first trimester, can you tell me how it's done?

Ravenstar- that is so cute that your dd is singing and talking to the baby. I think DD1 is still confused about the baby, she looks at me funny when I say that there is a baby in Mommy's tummy. Maybe it will be more real to her when I get bigger and she can feel the baby kick and move.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:11 PM

I will be 6w tomorrow, and still totally symptom-less. Except for the mildest hint of heartburn when I sit in my recliner for the past couple days. I also took like a 2-hour nap yesterday at my mom's while she was playing with DS. But everybody naps on Sunday afternoons, even my DH, and he isn't pg. So I guess I can't really rely on that as a symptom!

My tummy is also flatter because I started my Pilates for Pregnancy! Oh well. I am anxious to be "showing," but I have decided I would prefer to keep my tummy muscles as toned as I can for as long as possible, hence the reason for the Pilates.

All of you with older kids, it is so cute how they are responding to your pregnancy! It sounds like fun; I can't wait until I am on #3 or #4 so my son will be old enough to get excited about a new sibling.

Mommy to a boy (6), girls (4&2), and our baby boy (8 months)

Missing Ashlyn 10/18/06 and Brennan 10/18/10
Old 03-02-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
I have bumbed you confustication. I would love to skip the whole first trimester, can you tell me how it's done?
Absolutely! Write off not having a cycle as normal because you're nursing. Write off fatigue as being a mom. Write off nausea as getting over the bug your 7 yo caught at school. It's amazing how these things can pass by. :P
Old 03-02-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom-to-jj View Post
I will be 6w tomorrow, and still totally symptom-less.
I just posted this in my DDC, but I have no heartburn, no frequent peeing, no swollen boobs, not even nausea/puking. Am I really preggo?

As for how DD reacted, the morning I told her (Thursday), her face just LIT up. Then she said, "Who put the baby in your tummy?" I said, "God". Then she said, "Tell God to put a sister in your tummy!" It was soo funny! It makes me wanna cry when I think about it! (Oh, wait, is that a pg sign??)

Old 03-02-2009, 01:30 PM

Hi Ladies, and welcome to all of the new additions. Today will be the end of my 8th week (I'm 7w6d today), which is totally weird to me. Most days I totally forget that I'm pregnant because I'm so miserable with nausea. The prescription I got doesn't seem to be very effective. I have to eat high protein food like every 2 hours so it doesn't get too out of hand. It seems like a really cruel twist of fate to have to eat all the time, but to hate all food. I can't wait for this part to end so I can be happy to be pregnant.

I had a dream the other night that I had a baby girl and she had tons of dark brown hair. Both of my sons were born fairly bald, so a kid with a lot of hair would be very unusual for us. Anyway, it was nice to have a baby dream. I'm not reading anything into the gender part of the dream.

I have a question. What is the earliest you can hear the baby's heartbeat with a doppler? Anybody know?

Brin, wife to my best friend , mother of three . and now homeschooling!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by confustication View Post
Absolutely! Write off not having a cycle as normal because you're nursing. Write off fatigue as being a mom. Write off nausea as getting over the bug your 7 yo caught at school. It's amazing how these things can pass by. :P
Oh, this is like my dream pregnancy! I hate TTCing, so I am not going to use any BC after this baby is born and hopefully I'll catch the first egg before PP AF starts again. (Of course I say this now, but I might change my mind when I have a toddler and a newborn. )

Shwarma - No swollen boobs? What happened to them?! I thought they were a sight to behold, an Eighth Wonder of the World...

By this point in my pregnancy with DS, I was having frequent migraines. Sure would be happy to skip that symptom, even if it means I have to go without any symptoms at all for a couple more weeks!

Old 03-02-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by confustication View Post
Tempting as that is, I'm so glad I know I'm pregnant, because if I didn't, I would totally think I was DYING of cancer, or the black plague, or something. At least I can blame it on a normal pregnancy and not have to fear for my life .

Brin, wife to my best friend , mother of three . and now homeschooling!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinalicious View Post
I had a dream the other night that I had a baby girl and she had tons of dark brown hair. Both of my sons were born fairly bald, so a kid with a lot of hair would be very unusual for us. Anyway, it was nice to have a baby dream. I'm not reading anything into the gender part of the dream.

I have a question. What is the earliest you can hear the baby's heartbeat with a doppler? Anybody know?
Brin - I had three dreams my DS was a boy. My friend dreamed of a girl and had a girl. I am just waiting for my first gender dream because I feel like then I will know!

I got a doppler for DS at around 14 weeks. It took me about 15 minutes to find the heartbeat the first time, but once I knew where to look for it, it was easy. I think I will start trying around 8 weeks this time but not be surprised if I don't pick it up until 10-12 weeks, as I think that is what the instructions say.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Lol- I agree with Brin though. I would have started worrying that something is seriously wrong with me if I didn't realize I was pregnant now. But I love the fact that you skipped a few weeks. Congrats on that.

Shwarma - One thing I've realized is that every pregnancy is different. With dd1 I was sick the entire 9 months, with dd2 I was hardly sick at all. A bit nauseous but nothing too bad, and I figured out quickly that it was a combination of dairy and GERD that was making me sick. So as soon as I stopped eating anything dairy and started taking acid reducing pills I felt great! This time around I'm already feeling a lot worse then the two previous times. And I can't blame it on eating dairy or GERD. So I'm just chalking it all up to every pregnancy is different.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom-to-jj View Post
Shwarma - No swollen boobs? What happened to them?! I thought they were a sight to behold, an Eighth Wonder of the World...
They were AWESOME! Now they're a bit deflated, but the nursing nipples have reappeared (large & purple). <sigh>

Quote:
Shwarma - One thing I've realized is that every pregnancy is different. With dd1 I was sick the entire 9 months, with dd2 I was hardly sick at all. A bit nauseous but nothing too bad, and I figured out quickly that it was a combination of dairy and GERD that was making me sick. So as soon as I stopped eating anything dairy and started taking acid reducing pills I felt great! This time around I'm already feeling a lot worse then the two previous times. And I can't blame it on eating dairy or GERD. So I'm just chalking it all up to every pregnancy is different.
Weird! I was all acidy w/ DD too. Nothing helped. I had reflux once (the morning before my BFP) this time. Waiting...

Old 03-02-2009, 02:00 PM

In hindsight it's totally obvious. sleepdeprived and nursing tiny baby- not so much.

Blessedly, it's been a pretty low-symptom pregnancy. I did, however, manage to guilt my husband (who had teased me for my Sunday afternoon naps) into cleaning the whole house for me so I could 'relax'. Hmmm.

He's also decided that he and our 7 month old need nightly daddy-baby time so I get to take a bath and read a book for 45 minutes. His reasoning? I didn't get a chance to recover between pregnancy and breastfeeding, so he wants me to 'take it easy'. I think I'll keep him.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:37 PM

Confustication your husband sounds very supportive.
I've been having mine change the poopy diapers. I just can't handle the smell right now. I told him I'll make up for it when the nausea goes away.

Shwarma Feeling like crying at different times is definately a pregnancy symptom. I've been feeling like crying while I read articles, watch TV and look at photos of DD when she was a baby. The photos really got me the other day, especially when DH does a slideshow on the computer with music.

Brin My friend said she wasn't expecting it, but heard her baby's heartbeat at 9 weeks with the doppler. With DD I couldn't hear it at the 10 week appointment, but heard it at 14. With this baby we heard it at 10 weeks. The sound of that little heart is so amazing.

I felt our little babe move yesterday! There was no mistaking it. I was sitting on the computer, sort of leaning to one side and all of a sudden I felt a ton of little kicks and punches.

Married Mama to two girls, A (4/06) and I (9/09).

Old 03-02-2009, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

oh I can't wait to feel the baby move and hear the heartbeat. It makes it seem so real then.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
oh I can't wait to feel the baby move and hear the heartbeat. It makes it seem so real then.
Oh I'm going to cry just thinking about it!!!

User Tag List