Tribe for pregnant and over 35? - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-03-2009, 10:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm late to the party here

I had my first at 34, and my second at 37 and I'm turning 41 in a few weeks. So, I've never been really young while pregnant. This time I am pretty exhausted though. Probably b/c my 3.5 yo is still nursing all day long and both my boys are full of energy. I really can't nap b/c my youngest is rarely napping anymore.

Anyway, I am doing the NT and bloodwork screening, but will decline anything that has a risk of m/c. I have PCOS- so this pregnancy was a huge surprise. Both my boys were conceived with the help of Clomid and then Metformin.

~Shawnna~ Lucas 11/02 Wyatt 10/05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2009, 01:17 AM

I guess I will introduce myself.

I am 38, but will be 39 when this Wee One will arrive. I am not new to pgcy or motherhood. (That is an understatement)

I had my first at 19, my second at 24, my third at 25, my fourth at 27, my fifth at 29, my sixth at 31, my seventh at 33, my eighth was born still when I was 35, my ninth at 37, and an early m/c this year at 38.

So, I have covered all the bases.

I UC, but get OB care "on the side" (no I don't tell them about my UC plans). I developed Pre-E/HELLPS with my last son, so I have put myself on the Brewers diet as well as a regimine of Milk Thistle and Dandelion in hopes of preventing a reoccurance.

Hubby is telling me to have a girl this time around, so I am trying to do so for him; although I tell him that HE is the one that makes that choice, not me. So he said he "chose" a girl and I had better not trade her in for a boy before she is born.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:15 PM

Great thread, Ladies. Kidazplenty I saw your blog this morning and you have a beautiful family!

I'm Jen and I was 35 in December, got pg in January just a few days after our initial consult with the infertility dr!!!

I had my kids at 18, 21, 24, 31, 33 (loss at 12.5 wks) and now 35! I usually have a whole host of issues, so my dr. isn't really as concerned about the AMA as she is about just me being pg!

I'm not getting testing, save for an in-depth u/s @ 20 wks with an MFM.

Oh, and this thread is sorta long...maybe we could do a monthly thread (just a suggestion, no body throw things LOL)

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

Old 05-04-2009, 03:44 PM

Nice to see you here Jen(boobs)!

Becca, I use herbatint too.

Well, so much for the exercise. I went from working out 6 times a week and being in great shape to having excrutiating pain in my lower pelvic and down my right leg. I can barely walk.
I had this with DD too and it lasted 6 weeks.

Would cry right now if I wasn't at work.

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
Old 05-04-2009, 04:13 PM

HI! I'm 37 and about 6.5 weeks pregnant. Wasn't expecting this at all, but here I am. We already have a ds (6) and dd(4), and a loving puppa (8). It's a bit disconcerting to be pregnant again when i really thought I was done, but I am working to embrace this. I think this little one has been "talking" to me through other people and babies for a couple of months...I was in denial until a few weeks ago. Then i went through an, "I want another!" phase, quickly squelched by my own doubts...and now, I am having another!

So, we'll see if he/she sticks (I lean toward she).

Darcy mama to Dillon, Marah and Leo, partner to Jeremy
Old 05-05-2009, 01:16 AM

i have an update. had my 20 week u/s today. it's a boy! have to admit, i'm a little disappointed, as i wanted another girl, a sister for my daughter. but i'm trying to look on the upside, although i'm still seeing the negatives. having to juggle around our house for bedrooms (eventually -- not for a few years anyway), having to acquire boys clothes. having to part with DD's cute baby girl clothes.

i'm pretty sure this is the last for us. although part of me now wants to try for a third. however i would be terrified of having a second boy, instead of getting a second girl. oh well. i'm gonna let it sit for awhile and maybe i'll feel better in a few weeks.

my u/s was all good. it was done by "high risk OBs". the doctor said they are "obsessive compulsive" about searching for defects and "markers" for downs and trisomies, and they found nothing wrong with our baby. he weighed 13 oz. as of this morning. they reviewed my bloodwork and NT scan, which indicated a 1/1241 risk for downs, which he said was comparable with being a 30 year old pregnant woman. the risk for other trisomies is 1/600, which to me seems like a poor risk, but he said the cut off for "high risk" for those is 1/100, and coupled with their exhaustive search for anatomical markers which in our case turned up nothing wrong, he would be very surprised if there was any trisomy going on in our case, and he said i shouldn't worry about trisomies.

so that was good news.

my husband seems happy to be having a boy. my daughter was a little confused i think. she was saying she wanted a sister, but at the same time, adamant that she's going to be a big brother. so the fact that the situation is in fact reversed has her a bit befuddled (she just turned three). she then said she wanted to be a girl. i said you are! and you always will be!! ahhhhh.

i truly hope i can love my son as much as i love my daughter.

it's not that i don't like boys, just that i had three brothers and no sister growing up and in my family, the boys so dominated, and it wasn't altogether good for me. i guess if i quit with two kids, and the girl is already the oldest, then the boy energy doesn't have to rule around here. (i guess that's my fear. and a reason for why i wouldn't have the nerve to go for child number three).

ok i've rambled enough! hope you all are doing well with your pregnancies!

veganmomma: how did you hurt yourself? or did you just wake up with it? that sounds awful. so you are basically reduced to barely walking now? yikes. your commute, your lifestyle, your taking care of the other kids. back pain like that is the worst. it's almost like being forced onto bed rest, which is another of my fears.

which reminds me, by the way, of one more thing from my appointment today. based on bloodwork, they said a PAPP-MOM element of my blood showed a slightly lower chemical for something re: how well the placenta functions. right now the baby's size is right on, but they want to monitor me with serial u/s. next is 25 weeks, then another at 29, in case the growth slows. i asked what would be the remedy if it did happen to slow. bed rest was one, delivering early was another. yikes! even if i'm not particularly hungry, i'm gonna keep eating to try to make sure this little one stays on track for size. i can't see me going on bed rest with my active toddler. and delivering early - yikes! i'm hoping for another unmedicated delivery. hoping it will be as smooth as last time. the last thing i want is induction.

ok, think positive, as of now, all is well.

hope you feel better soon, veganmomma.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:30 AM

I am doing well. Baby is getting stronger, 23 weeks now. I have been so busy w/ the other kids, HSing, co-op, it will be nice to take a break from it all soon.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliesMomma View Post
i have an update. had my 20 week u/s today. it's a boy! have to admit, i'm a little disappointed, as i wanted another girl, a sister for my daughter. but i'm trying to look on the upside, although i'm still seeing the negatives. having to juggle around our house for bedrooms (eventually -- not for a few years anyway), having to acquire boys clothes. having to part with DD's cute baby girl clothes.

i'm pretty sure this is the last for us. although part of me now wants to try for a third. however i would be terrified of having a second boy, instead of getting a second girl. oh well. i'm gonna let it sit for awhile and maybe i'll feel better in a few weeks.
I'm sorry you are feeling this way. Once you are holding that precious one in your arms you will feel differently. I felt similar when I got pregnant with #2. I found out I was having a girl and wanted another boy. So I understand the feelings you are having. I love having a son and daughter now but part of me wants this one to be another boy. I've always wanted all boys. I know I'll be happy with either and I mainly want a healthy child but I can't help wanting a little boy.

Proud *single* mom to 3 amazing kiddos
Old 05-05-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonandmarasmom View Post
I think this little one has been "talking" to me through other people and babies for a couple of months...I was in denial until a few weeks ago. Then i went through an, "I want another!" phase, quickly squelched by my own doubts...and now, I am having another!
I had gone through similar feelings earlier this year. I had my 40th birthday last year and ever since then I've felt really old, especially since my oldest child also became a teenager. But I kept telling people I was done and couldn't wait til I had grandkids one day. Now the people I talked to about it are telling me that it must have been what I really wanted since I'm pregnant now but I seriously didn't plan this in any way. It just happened.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:07 AM

I hope I can join in! I haven't read through the whole thread yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

I'm 39 - just found out I'm pregnant (tomorrow will be 4 weeks). I've been thinking a lot another child recently - I always thought we'd have four kids (our kids are 12, 9, & 8 yo), but on the other hand, life is so FULL, kwim? I work full time, started a doctoral program, my son's bar mitzvah is coming up, etc. etc. etc.

So this was *sort of* an oops, but not really a surprise, because I wasn't exactly being too careful... And I'm cautiously excited about it, but nervous that I won't have energy or patience to do it all over again. (Not to mention not at all looking forward to the comments and raised eyebrows from family and friends...)

And now I'm cranky and miserable with m/s all day long...

***trying to be positive!!!*** (ok, that needs work!)
Old 05-05-2009, 11:19 AM

Feel better, Vegan!!! I'm going to ask my OB about the pain today. Last night was another tough night and now the pain is in BOTH hips?!?!?! OUCH!

Elliesmama: I'd be interested to know what sort of test they did on your blood work that showed them the PAPP-MOM thing. I had a 'dying' placenta during Natalie's pg and we ended up with a TEENY baby at 37 wks due to it. She was just barely 5lbs! I was being monitored closely for the GD or I don't believe it would have been caught. HUGS and HOPE for you. I know it's difficult to get our hopes dashes, but you'll have a love for your son like no other. My son is/was such a snuggle bun and always so sincere and loving. Oh, and NO drama LOL

I have an appt. today and am anxious and nervous. UGH! I WANT TO ENJOY THIS!!!!

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

Old 05-05-2009, 02:53 PM

the test was part of the bloodwork for the NT scan at 13 weeks. it concerns some certain chemical in the blood that can be used as an indicator for the health of the placenta. doesn't mean i necessarily have a problem, just that people with this condition *can sometimes* go on to have problems, such as low birthweight babies, etc. hence the monitoring. so far all is well. i do hope for an unmedicated birth in the end. but as in everything pregnancy related (and child related too for that matter), will have to wait and see.

i can see *some* advantage to delivering early though provided it's before september 1 (like for example the very end of august) in that we'd have the option of starting kindergarden on time as a five year old, instead of waiting a whole other year. around here they are strict with the september 1 cutoff for "must be five." i was kinda bummed when i found out about that with the timing of our baby. on the other hand, will have to wait and see on that too. could be that he is not ready by five anyway. my brother was an august 16 baby and started kindergarden "on time" but it was just after he turned five. he was not ready and wound up being held back a year anyway in i think first grade.

how do you all feel about the starting school question, being that we all have september babies?

Old 05-05-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcytrue View Post
I had gone through similar feelings earlier this year. I had my 40th birthday last year and ever since then I've felt really old, especially since my oldest child also became a teenager. But I kept telling people I was done and couldn't wait til I had grandkids one day. Now the people I talked to about it are telling me that it must have been what I really wanted since I'm pregnant now but I seriously didn't plan this in any way. It just happened.
Hi darcytrue,
How cool to find another Darcy whom spells her name like mine . Yep, I am Darcy, too. Which is older? Your DD or DS? My DS is 2 years older than his sister. Do you know what this next baby will be?

Darcy mama to Dillon, Marah and Leo, partner to Jeremy
Old 05-06-2009, 09:31 AM

Hi Ladies!

ElliesMomma, I completely understand...I don't know yet, but will probably know the sex by this Friday and as this was a very unplanned pregnancy, I've been seriously thinking that if I am having a baby after all, I really want a sister for my daughter. I have a wonderful relationship with mine and would love that for her...good that you have time to accept it. When I had my boys it was a surprise both times at birth and it actually turned out to be very difficult for a while to get over.

vegan momma I'm so sorry to hear that! It is so hard to go from working out hard to nothing! I hope that you find help soon.
Maybe some yoga?
I just did a very hard yoga class Monday and I'm extremely aware of every muscle from the neck down, lol!
OW! I'm going to make sure to do another hard yoga every other day so I can get over the soreness this week.

Doing ok here but still having a hard time with being pregnant at all...I still have extreme smell aversions that make me very sick but other symptoms have subsided and I keep thinking maybe I'm not pg after all...

It has rained every day for a week and I think that has contributed to my downer mood about all of this.
Hopefully restarting my yoga practice will help.
I'm just not feeling too joyful about pg right now I don't know if I want to start all over and I was just getting to the age with M where I feel like I'm getting more of my own life back and it's not so intensely revolving around her immediate care? Instead it is having so much fun with her and being able to go to a class or something while she goes to her preschool.

Hope everyone is doing well,

Deb

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris
Old 05-06-2009, 10:40 AM

Thank you for that info, Elliesmomma. I didn't do the NT scan or any of the bloodwork beyond the initial prenatal stuff and some early beta/progesterone level checks. My OB knows about my placental issues and is 'watching' things. From the u/s yesterday things look good, but I'm still just 16 wks.

As for having an early baby...I don't like that I have mine early. The complications and early childhood stuff are just too scary a thought for me. Of course, I had my son @ 30 wks so that's different than say a 37 wks baby like my Natalie. She was small due to placental issues, but she was relatively healthy until her second winter. My son had lung and other preemie issues. We are actively planning to have this LO at 37ish weeks because I have all of the pg issues as a potential (although none are apparent as of yesterday). I've dreamt of having a fluffy baby, 9lbs 15 oz! I've had that dream 3 times!!! Maybe I'll come home with one OVER 6lbs?

Oh, and yesterdays appt. showed that we *MIGHT* be having a boy! : I'm just so incredibly happy that everything looked good and that he was doing well (and ignoring us!!!) in there.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:46 PM

Still in agony. Had acupunture last night and massage therapy this morning. Both helped a bit for a few hours. Trying chiro this afternoon.

Jen, is your pain getting any better? Big hugs to you. I will let you know if chiro helps signficantly.

Elliesmom, I have a DD (almost 7) and a DS (just turned 5) and I love them both equally. I was disappointed when I found out I was having a boy last time because I so wanted a sister for my DD. However, once he was born, I fell a little more in love with him every day and now I couldn't imagine my life without him. it wasn't instant love like it was with my DD but it certainly grew in the first couple of weeks to equal my love for her.

This time I was also disapponted to find out I am having a boy. More disappointed for DD than myself since she won't be getting a sister (I am very close to mine). However, I know I will love the new little man just as much as I love my other two based on my experience with DS.

Allow youself to feel disappointed for a few days but know that you WILL love your DS as much as your DD.

Sorry for so few personals. Way behind at work becasue of al these medical appontemtns and also took 2 days off since our new nanny started.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliesMomma View Post

he weighed 13 oz. as of this morning.
how far along were you?? I was 18w on the nose and my bean only weighed 7oz, I remember with dd she was 10oz at the same GA
thanks
I am with you on the boy thing --sad thing is all my friends with boy have no clothes to trade...they say thier boys destroyed them...I feel like I am in for it

wife & holistic mama of 1 girl, 1 boy and 1 :
Old 05-06-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia10 View Post
how far along were you?? I was 18w on the nose and my bean only weighed 7oz, I remember with dd she was 10oz at the same GA
thanks
I am with you on the boy thing --sad thing is all my friends with boy have no clothes to trade...they say thier boys destroyed them...I feel like I am in for it

20 weeks along. u/s measured 20w 6d.

re: the boy clothes... i seem to have a knack for acquiring hand me downs. or they acquire me. i'm not worried about picking some up, i've had some offers. plus will look on freecycle and there are always summer garage sales coming up thankfully.

however my SIL who is due the same day as me (and will find out soon -- i'm betting she gets a girl) gave away all of her boy clothes, which were brand new as that was her first child. in fact she gave away all of her infant stuff altogether. which i think was pretty dumb but that's another post. her child is only two and they were TTC...

i'm pretty sure i'm going to get asked to give her my girl clothes (in exchange for what? no boy clothes to be had), some of which were new to DD. i do have some hand me downs too. it's gonna hurt to part with some of the newer baby clothes from DD, esp. since i was hoping for a second girl. part of me thinks i should just give her the hand me down ones and hold on to my nicer ones *just in case* we could possibly have one more and it's a girl. in any case, i am still too new in my adjustment to having a boy to feel good emotionally about it all. it's kinda hard...

Old 05-07-2009, 10:40 AM

I hope the chiro helped, Vegan!!!! I had a migraine last night so I ended up on the couch and it was actually much better than the bed. I have a firm matress that I would like to have a ritually burning for LOL!

AI YI YI on the clothes thing. I have TONS and TONS of pretty pink frilly stuff. All of the ladies I know who are pg (there are 4 of us due right around same time) have loads of girls stuff so no hope in trading. Oh well, it's just clothing. We got our taxes and squirrelled $200 away for some starter stuff and another $200 for dipes (cloth) to start. The rest is going towards a bigger house that doesn't leak!

Old 05-07-2009, 01:34 PM

Ellie'sMom, I would keep the girl clothes that are special to you especially and just say you are not sure if you are 100% done yet!

Jen(boobs), the chiro said she could definitely help me. However, she didn't do an adjustment last night becasue she thought I'd be too sore after the exam. So I am going back tomorrow. Unfortunately after that, I am away on business until next Thursday night so I won't be able to see her for a week. Hopefully that adjustment tomorrow will help a lot!

Thanks for all your support everyone.

Welcome to all the new mamas!!!

Old 05-08-2009, 08:18 PM

I have questions for those of you that aren't planning on anymore children after this pregnancy.

are you planning to use birth control?
husband getting a V?
are you getting a tubal?

I can't decide what to do. The tubal sounds so final, plus I've seen many stories where women still got pregnant. Birth control always worked for me but I went off BC with hormones five years ago because they aren't good for me. I need to decide what to do before the time comes because if I do a tubal it needs to be done while I'm in the hospital so I don't have to go back and do it later.

And getting my DH to get a vasectomy is next to impossible. I have asked him to do it in the past and he wouldn't do it, so here we are pregnant and he is going on 50 and I'm over 40. We definitely don't want it to happen again.

I'd love to hear what others are thinking about doing.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:18 PM

my plans for BC after this child (which, now that it's a boy and i really wanted another girl, may not *necessarily* be the last child) is to do NFP on my end, avoiding intercourse during fertile times, combined with DH's very effective withdrawl method.

if we have an oops it won't be the end of the world, but my DH is going on 60! i have to be realistic as to what that means potentially, and that i could wind up being the one who has to put the kids through college (myself) someday. so two kids may be it for us. although three could also be in the cards possibly. but i will have to see how i do with two before i even go there.

that doesn't help you Darcy, though, since you are looking for definitive BC. i would not go on the pill or anything hormonal. i was on the pill in my 20s. ugh, can't see doing that again, especially this late in the game.

talked with a woman today who has an IUD. she seemed to be fine with it, although said she's not entirely confident that it will be effective.

what i like about pull out (if your husband is really reliable) is that in my experience it's very effective. and combining it with only doing it during your nonfertile time, i would think it would be even more effective.

and it's natural. and you (and your husband) are always in control.

what's not good is if he loses control (but i think men get a lot better at that as they get older, versus, say a 17 year old trying to "pull" in time). and also speaking just for myself at least when i was TTC, that fertile time is always my horniest, so restraining myself to totally avoid during fertile window would also potentially be a challenge.

enough about me. what are others planning to do???

Old 05-09-2009, 04:04 AM

Nothing I had not even given it a thought. My husband did mention a possible vasectomy but I hate the idea. It is so final. What if I did decide to have another? However, the reality is it took over 15 months to get pregnant with this one. I will be 44 the month after birth so yeah I'm guessing I'll be hitting menopause sometime while I am still nursing. That should be an interesting hormone party.

However, if I do well with 2 I hope that's not true as I would probably want 2 more. I don't like the idea of 3. I grew up with 3 and it was not good for the youngest (me). But I also have dysfunctional siblings so I realize my children might not experience the same issues. (Hopefully)

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
Old 05-09-2009, 08:59 AM

DH is having a vasectomy on Tuesday! He offered!
It's kind of weird but I'm glad too. Hopefully then by the time this pg is over, he will definitely have a zero count, lol, and we will have no worries!

Anyone doing yoga? I cut out yoga during the 1st tri, mostly because I was so sick, but restarted a pretty vigorous practice this week and it feels great except for bending forward deeply. It seems weird to me because my belly is tiny, not much there at all yet.

Right now I'm going out to run but taking it easy as it has been almost a week since the last one.

Have a great day!

Deb

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris
Old 05-09-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin0105 View Post
I will be 44 the month after birth so yeah I'm guessing I'll be hitting menopause sometime while I am still nursing. That should be an interesting hormone party.
I'm thinking that was how I got pregnant this time. Maybe I'm pre-menopausal. I was having consistent periods but they were close together, only 20 days apart at the most from month to month and I never noticed that I ovulated. In fact, I know my body well and I don't remember ovulating for several years now. I have no idea how this baby came to be. I even remember my last AF right before conceiving this baby and it was extremely heavy. I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital because I was bleeding so heavily and that has never happened before unless I was PP. And I swear I couldn't have ovulated around the time I conceived this baby. I always know when I ovulate, so perhaps being pre-menopausal covered up my usual symptoms of ovulation. I seriously went for almost 7 years and never got pregnant. I have no idea how we made it that long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliesMomma
what i like about pull out (if your husband is really reliable) is that in my experience it's very effective. and combining it with only doing it during your nonfertile time, i would think it would be even more effective.
I like this idea and have tried it but DH and I get in the heat of the moment and oh well, you know the rest of that story I'm sure. That's not reliable for us.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:38 PM

I want to start yoga but nothing hard! I need to increase my flexibility. I am really strong I lift weights 3 days a week and do cardio and swim an hour 3 days a week. But my flexibility is poor so I'd like some nice, easy, stretching.

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
Old 05-09-2009, 01:54 PM

Hello--coming in late to the thread. I'm 40 (conceived a month after my birthday), due at the end of Sept.

This was not planned/expected (not a surprise, we knew it was theoretically possible!); took us over 2 months to conclude that it would be OK to raise this child. Still, I'm just wallowing in serious doubts about starting over w/a baby (wasn't my finest time, the 1st time round), just when we're just beginning to feel sane & grownup & able to cope w/life-with-kid and each other and feel like a family. Of course, not much to do now but hold on for the ride! Am hoping I get excited/less trepidatious (sp?) in the 3rd tri.

Am finding this pregnancy so much harder than my first: all sorts of terrifying warning signs that things may not be OK w/my body. Baby's fine, phew, but I'm really scared about my body's ability to do this now. Eek! Esp since this is our last chance (see below), I am soooo worried about this little girl.

As for after this: Snippy-snippy for my husband, for sure. He's game.

--Caitlyn, mom to : DS (4/05) and DD (9/09)
Old 05-09-2009, 08:08 PM

Hello Ladies!

I thought I'd try to get around to the different threads I post on to let you all know I had my baby and we're doing fine. While I planned a HBAC, I ended up with another c-section--but not for a lack of trying--so I'm pretty satisfied with what happened. Anyway, the hospital staff was surprisingly supportive and sensitive except for one of those baby-faced residents saying, "good for you, having a baby at 38!" I wonder if she wanted to suck that comment right back in after she realized how stupid that sounded. I had the baby at a teaching hospital, so it was a little disarming to see so many docs who were clearly in their mid-twenties (and they all used the word "awesome" more than an eighties-era valley girl). One of the residents was really sweet and said he'd see me the next time we have a baby (even after I said I wasn't so sure about doing this again).

Anyway, take care, and own your age with pride!
Old 05-09-2009, 08:35 PM

For after baby: We've had pretty good luck with condoms and NFP. All 3 pg were planned. I refuse to go back on hormonal bc, won't do a tubal, and don't feel good about IUDs. Dh isn't keen on the big V (working on wearing him down).... so we resort to our old faithful until such time as something gives.

catemom - congrats on your new arrival! :

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:27 PM

big V planned over here
DH is recruting all of his friends to go with him
we are done and it feels good, as we await the arrival of our second and last child

wife & holistic mama of 1 girl, 1 boy and 1 :

User Tag List