Pinchy feeling around urethra??? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 03-12-2009, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thats the only way I can describe it. I sometimes feel a pinchy type feeling real low near the pee area when I stand up or after peeing, etc. I told my OB and she tested me for a UTI, but that came back fine. Its not real painful, but it is odd. Its not pressure and I only have mild braxton hicks here/there (I'm 29 weeks pregnant). I didn't have this with my twins so I'm not sure what it is??
A nurse thought it could be ligament pain and my OB said maybe it is my csection scar aching (but I HIGHLY doubt that cause its not even in the area of my scar). Has anyone else had this? I don't feel it when I'm sitting or laying down and only sometimes when I am walking.

Jill - 2.5 year old b/g twins and our new son (May 2009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 03-12-2009, 05:35 PM

I have the same thing with this pregancy (3rd), that I never had with my others. However, everytime I go to my ob, I test negative for a UTI. I think that it could just be that things have shifted around in there and that is what is causing the pinchy feeling.
#3 of 6 Old 03-12-2009, 06:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have it too. Its so strange! I feel like I have an UTI coming on, but nothing ever happens! I think there is a baby in there pinching on my hooie.

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#4 of 6 Old 03-12-2009, 06:07 PM

Could it be the baby poking you? That kind of sounds similar to what it feels like when my baby pokes me in the bladder with a foot.
#5 of 6 Old 03-12-2009, 06:14 PM

it could be that your pubic symphysis is stretching/moving (not sure what the appropriate word would be here) d/t the increased relaxin in your system from the pregnancy
#6 of 6 Old 03-12-2009, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

I'm glad I'm not the only one! The first time I mentioned it my OB got worried and checked me to make sure I wasn't dilating and I wasn't. Then she did the UTI test and that was fine. It must be stretching in that area or something??? I had preterm labor with my twins, so I am so careful to notice everything, but I seem to be fine and its just an odd sensation??

Jill - 2.5 year old b/g twins and our new son (May 2009)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page