First-time mamas - wanna chat? - Page 12 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#331 of 359 Old 06-01-2004, 04:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
back Shannon. I'm praying for a healthy full term baby this time.

Come back and share your pics, Cheryl! I'm praising God that this baby is a keeper this time. \o/ And let us know how your registry goes.

more first time babies!

Welcome! another first time mama! that first tri fatigue is a real kicker! The perinatal coordinator at my practice says that you *really* are as tired as you feel. I did a *lot* of dh couldn't believe it! I'd go to be at 7, 8:00.....

Til next time! Been a bit active lately. But, we've been quiet for a good while though.
#332 of 359 Old 06-01-2004, 05:00 PM

I am joining in here too! Shannon, I guess I will see you in 1st time mamas and in Feb due dates!

I had a BFP on Friday and spent the whole weekend with my in-laws trying to keep it quiet. I had a M/C in April (last cycle actually, no period bewteen M/C and conceiving). I think I should be at about 5-6 weeks now but not exactly sure until I see the midwife.

I haven't read back through this while long thread, but I'm looking forward to talking to some other first time mamas! I am worried about so many silly things that I'm sure go away after you've had a first pregnancy!

No nausea yet, but constant low-grade cramping and major boob soreness so far. Oh yeah, and unbelievable fatigue. I don't understand how something with a heart beat the size of a poppy seed can make me feel like I'm getting 2 hours of sleep a night when I'm getting 8. I heard about first tri tiredness but never expected this! I am going on a long-planned vacation with DH to Oregon at the end of next week and I'm a little worried about keeping up! He is patient though.

Anyway, good luck to all!
#333 of 359 Old 06-01-2004, 09:40 PM

dh's work is discussing gift certificates. Can you get a gift certificate for felicite? : I looked at the FAQ's and didn't see. The others in his dept are due this summer and I planned to register at the end of the summer. One of the couples is registered at Target, so they were talkin that. I'd like to get some cash for my stash....I'm gonna go back and look again tho. I haven't had a chance to make decisions about something specific, cept I want an Arms Reach and some WAHMs I want to try dipes from.
#334 of 359 Old 06-02-2004, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome Chiku! Congratulations!!

Letia ~ Not sure about the gift cert. at Felicitie. I did most of my registry at Organic Bebe...maybe people could order gc's through them?

I feel like my baby is just going to fall out :LOL (if only it were that easy). My Birth Blessing is Saturday and everyone is taking bets on if I'll still be pregnant then. We'll see....

~Erin
#335 of 359 Old 06-02-2004, 10:17 AM

I looked at Organic Bebe. I saw they have the Arm's Reach; but, really like the choose your own store from felicite. I think you can at OB too; but, there's not much I found I wanted so I figured I'd just do felicite.

wooooooooow they are cutting your blessing close! Well, our church has done showers post baby.

#336 of 359 Old 06-02-2004, 10:29 AM

First timer here too - 31 y.o., around the same as the rest of you. Due early 2005 - DH commented yesterday that Julia Roberts and I will pg at the same time.

I have a question for the yoga teachers. I have an amazing yoga teacher, but she isn't a doula. But I would love to pay her to be at our birth and help me with relaxation, visualization and movement/stretching. She really is great and I would totally trust her to know what I would need.

Is this totally unheard of? One of my fears is that I don't want to make her uncomfortable is she doesn't want to do it.
#337 of 359 Old 06-02-2004, 10:44 AM

now, will *you* have twins! :LOL Erin's been around. Maybe she'll come around later. If her baby doesn't come!
#338 of 359 Old 06-02-2004, 10:50 AM

DH would LOVE twins and they run in my family - no idea yet though. I think I'd be a little overwhelmed!!
#339 of 359 Old 06-02-2004, 11:05 AM

yeah mine too; but apparently the wrong side. Daddy was one, not mama. I thinks its just the novelty; but I was thinking a stash for two nbs! : I'm just trying to figure for one!
#340 of 359 Old 06-02-2004, 11:39 AM

Yeah, let's talk about putting together a stash for two! Somedays it blows my mind that we're going to have two little ones here sooner than we realize. What about diaper bags? Have any of you gotten one that looks great? Slings? Will you use one and if so, have you gotten any yet?

I finally decided to delurk here. These will be our first children after a m/c at 13 weeks last fall. We now officially know that our children are a boy and a girl and we're on to sorting out names. Twins have not shown up in my family for generations so this was quite a surprise.

I've enjoyed reading about the experiences and perspectives of other first time mothers and look forward to spending a few months here before my babes are born!

Have a great day everyone!

dust.gif & superhero.gif :: 9/2004
#341 of 359 Old 06-04-2004, 01:20 AM

Welcome gmvh, Hokiegirl, Chiku and Shannon () and congratulations!

Erin~ yeah, I'm all about the baby just falling out, or at least sliding at a good speed- {{{{{Beautiful Birth Energy}}}}}

Congratulations Smithie and Renae

I can't imagine getting ready for 2! I think that I'm getting a handle on getting ready for my one child, but somedays A psychic had told me she thought I'd have twins (years ago), but it wasn't true for this pregnancy.

That first trimester fatigue really is amazing- but it does end!!!
#342 of 359 Old 06-07-2004, 04:58 PM

Sorry if this question has been asked before.

We have a dog, and are wondering how to get her use to the idea of a baby? She likes to sleep up on the bed with us, and be where we are all the time. I'm worried there will be some jealousy issues.

Any ideas?
#343 of 359 Old 06-07-2004, 05:14 PM

yeah, they did. go to the top and do search thread.
#344 of 359 Old 06-08-2004, 12:27 PM

Wow! So much activity here lately!

Shannon, Congrats and welcome back! It is WONDERFUL to see you here!

Patty Cakes, Congrats! And welcome to the world Allyson!

Erin, your photos are so beautiful, the ones with your dh made me cry!

Letia, I'm only registering at Felcite, I figure at the very least people can check it out and see what my wish list is and get things wherever they want. We'll see how it actually works... I am totally OK with returning things I do not want, most places will carry things I want, I just wish everyone had the cd's I want! BTW, Organic Bebe uses Felcite.

Congrats and welcome to everyone I missed! I didn't think I'd have this much enery ever again when the first tri was kicking my butt full force, but it does pass. I'm hoping to ride this wave for as long as I can, but the third tri is chasing me down...

I'm so excited to see that we first timers are having babies and getting really close! I'm counting down the weeks now instead of counting up, yay! Approx 12.5 to go!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#345 of 359 Old 06-08-2004, 12:44 PM

Sheryl! Well, I'll be showering when you are having your babe, so I''ll get to hear how your goes!

I'm still trying to figure out how I can get what I want from dh's department, especially since I haven't registered. I don't have a particular store in mind, hence using felicite. I don't recall finding much I wanted at Organic Bebe. And for cds I'm getting ones and two of assorted WAHM fitteds to try. I looked at felicite to see if they have gift certificates so that I can have some money to spend when I get ready to register. But, I guess its not a store...I didn't see....**sigh**
#346 of 359 Old 06-09-2004, 05:39 AM

After a marathon 36-hour labor, our baby boy was born at home, under our bed at 12:17pm today! More about that in my birth story to come soon... He weighs 7lbs 5oz and is 20 inches long has the softest blond lanugo all over his body and is just perfect! Names are still being discussed...

warmly,
claudia

http://photomail.photoworks.com/shar...WdK1Wk6iuOVzKK
#347 of 359 Old 06-09-2004, 08:04 AM

Yay, Claudia and son!! Welcome!!

jen

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#348 of 359 Old 06-09-2004, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter

YAY! Congratulations Claudia!!!

The link didn't work though.
#349 of 359 Old 06-09-2004, 09:14 AM

it was *you* Claudia! And I dreamed about Erin! :LOL 36 hours...I can't *wait* to hear and *how* you gave birth *under* you bed!

Link didn't work for me either.

! I'm *soooooooooooooo* excited!
#350 of 359 Old 06-09-2004, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
And I dreamed about Erin!
Oh please let that be a sign that tonight's the night!! :LOL
#351 of 359 Old 06-09-2004, 10:56 AM

Glad you're not wierded out I dreamed about you. : I guess we've been talking quite a bit lately and I guess you got in my head. :LOL
#352 of 359 Old 06-09-2004, 12:36 PM

Oh, thank you Erin for letting people know my Rowan is here.
Yes, he was born Wednesday, May 26 at 5:47pm, by c-section after 34 hours of labor. *whew* It was rough, but we all made it through and I am recovering nicely. Rowan is amazing and I love him so much. I cannot believe he's already two weeks old! He already looks bigger and different than when he was just born.
I am looking forward to this heat wave ending so we can go for a little walk around the block or something! It's 95 degrees here today!!
I'm a little stir-crazy here at home and sometimes I feel really overwhelmed, and unsure as to whether I'm doing anything right...but we get through the days and Rowan seems fine, so I guess we're dooing alright.
Dh is amazing. Absolutely the best father anyone could ask for. And the best partner. He lets me cry when I need to and sleep when I can. And he constantly tells me what a good job I'm doing. I need to hear that a lot.
Anyway, good vibes and best wishes to everyone here! Take care!

-Renae
#353 of 359 Old 06-09-2004, 12:47 PM

Congrats Renae! So, after 34 hours they decided on a c/s? I'm like studying everybody's births now....:LOL
#354 of 359 Old 06-09-2004, 02:20 PM

I fixed the link... eating breakfast...
#355 of 359 Old 06-09-2004, 02:45 PM

Yay!!!! I was thinking Claudia was *under* the bed....: Did he get drops? Thanks for sharing!
#356 of 359 Old 06-09-2004, 04:52 PM

Congrats Claudia and Renae! I am sure you are doing a wonderful job Renae, hang in there. Those first couple of weeks can be rough .

I am feeling alot of movement and getting much bigger! I have two more months to go so I hope no one is dreaming about me yet.

Your pictures are wonderful Claudia. Thanks for sharing.

Good luck to all those waiting patiently for your bundles to arrive!

Cheryl

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#357 of 359 Old 06-12-2004, 01:40 PM

Congratulations Claudia!!! What a beautiful baby

Congratulations Renae!!! (again) I'm sure that you are doing everything *perfect* for your baby- but I bet its not easy. The first couple of weeks are what I worry about the most....
#358 of 359 Old 06-24-2004, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Just wanted to pop in to say...

Lilia Hope was born Sat. night @ 8:50 p.m. after about 8 hours of labor...almost 7 of which were at home. Labor and birth were AMAZING....better than I ever dreamed. We are so in

Here's some pics of Lily

I'm going to post this in the new first time mamas thread too...but I wanted to post it here so I didn't miss anyone!!

~Erin
#359 of 359 Old 07-02-2004, 04:16 PM

We're over here
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...07#post1687007
and tell me where you're shopping!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page