September 2004 Mommies - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 335 Old 01-28-2004, 09:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well ladies, I went for my hypnosis this morning for the nausea, she also added some relaxation/everything is fine/body is working as it should stuff. I haven't felt this good since I first got that wonderful
I'm really relaxed and feeling good, whenever I'm nauseated or stressed I'm supposed to put my thumb and forefinger together and take some deep breathes, I had doubted that one since breathing deep makes me puke, but I've had to do it twice today and it's worked both times!!! Yeah!!!!!
#302 of 335 Old 01-28-2004, 09:26 PM

btw, loving the frozen waffles/frozen sperm thing! I guess that's why I'm craving homemade fresh waffles--we used fresh!:LOL
#303 of 335 Old 01-28-2004, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter

Lazuli..hang in there. Did you call the dr??

Welcome Samantha..is this your first?

Jen, I was thinking that too..I wish I could sleep straight through all this!!

Chrissy...ugh. I feel gross too. But it seems to be getting a little better.....

Shannon, that is great on the hypnosis...my accupressure is working, if that fails....

Well ladies. I have good news. I saw my baby today. And it's little heart was beating away!!!!

It was very exciting!! And while we were in the ultrasound room, our wedding song started playing!! It was so perfect. I have the most perfect picture of the baby...better than any I ahve ever seen this early. I wish I could post a link here, but I don't know how. MAybe I will put it on my website....have to check that out!!

Hope you all get to see your perfect baby soon!!!

Caroline
#304 of 335 Old 01-28-2004, 11:00 PM

Caroline, I'd love to see it, but need your web address!!
Or email it to me at completecanine@hotmail.com
#305 of 335 Old 01-29-2004, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Welcome Samantha!

Caroline~ It's so wonderful that you got to see your babe.

Shannon I'm glad your hypnosis is working.

As for me, I do not seem to be as quessy as earlier this week.
But I still have my moments.:LOL
It is weird to feel better for a while and worry till I get nausea again.
Don't think I'll really stop worrying till babe is in my arms.
Hearing the heartbeat, belly growing and feeling baby will help though! Can't wait to get past the first trimester!

Hope y'all have a good day today.
#306 of 335 Old 01-29-2004, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Well, 8 weeks, and feeling better. Is anyone else noticing the ill feeling passing a bit?? I know, this is my 6th pregnancy, but I can't seem to remember!! Natures way of securing the species I guess! Oh, I need to change my due date too....we are now at Sept 8th.

Caroline
#307 of 335 Old 01-29-2004, 08:37 PM

Hi Ladies,

Shannon, how cool about the hypnosis, so glad its working for ya!

Caroline, congrats on seeing that little one, I would have been crying, especially when your wedding song came on!

Things are good here, plugging along, nausea comes and goes as do my fearful thoughts, just hoping for the next few weeks to blink by and all to go well. Almost 9 weeks!

I told my 2 closest girlfriends and they are really excited for me, it was good to talk about it, since virtually no one else IRL knows.

I guess that's about it here, talk of waffles (rfrozen or not) isn't really doing anything for me, I could eat potatoes all day and had a most fabulous peanut butter smoothie today, YUM!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#308 of 335 Old 01-29-2004, 08:59 PM

Hello ladies

Haven't stopped by to visit in awhile, found all your comments interesting. also felt reassured to hear so many of you feeling the same things I've been feeling.
However i must brag that my darling husband must be the best, most dear man in the universe. Seriously, he has been waiting on me hand and foot, wracking his brain to find me happy healthy food that doesn't turn my stomach at the mere site. He gets up before me every morning and brings me something to eat right away, then goes and cooks a real breakfast for when I get out of the shower.
I wish the rest of the universe was half so accomadating. been working full days and feeling utterly and completely wiped at the end of every one. I have spent most of this week dry heaving at the slightest provocation, and wishing I would actually just puke and get it over with. I seem to need constant, i mean constant food available. My hubby bought a bunch of trail mix fixings and i keep a tupperware of muchables on hand at all times. Seems ridiculous, but if it helps, well then.....
Had to go get a hair cut last weekend, all that hair in my face was making me crazy , have drastically chopped it and am enjoying the attention it has gotten me. Helps me feel more attractive, which is great considering how yucky I feel most of the time.

Hope this nasty winter weather passes quickly, can't wait to see sunshine and green grass, happy little flowers poking up out of moist soil. Bring on the spring!!!!

Leaving you with happy thoughts

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#309 of 335 Old 01-30-2004, 12:30 AM

Oh Caroline, I only wish the queasies would go away. I guess I'm not as tired as I was last week or the week before, but I am still feeling as ooky.

I have had the serious weepies this week... Tuesday night I bawled out of sheer guilt. We've been trying so hard to get pregnant, and here I am, finally pregnant and nothing short of resentful toward the baby for feeling so sick 16 hours out of the day (no exaggeration!!). No joy or thrill to be pregnant, just sick and tired of being sick and tired. And I felt SO bad about it! My sobbing kind of blindsided Jo but she responded in grand form and pointed out that most anyone would be fed up if they had been feeling sick to their stomach for 6 weeks in a row! Bless her.

Last night we got into a discussion about finances and whether we can really afford for me to stay home with sprout for 5 years. As I've said before, this is Jo's biggest concern with the pregnancy. It all just came down on me and I bawled, asserted that we are insane to be having a kid, in our small, old, cluttered, lead-painted house on a single academia salary. I mean, what are we doing? We can't even manage to get our own laundry washed on weekends - how will we get all those nappies washed on a day to day basis? Where the he** are we going to put all of these thousands of books so the kid can eventually have their own room? Is the bathroom reno ever going to get finished?

The answers are, of course, yes, the bathroom reno will probably be done by May, I'll get into a rhythm of washing diapers on a daily basis, we'll stop eating out and save a lot of money that way, the lead paint will be painted over this summer while I'm gone at camp, and... well, I really don't know where all of the thousands (again, no exaggeration... Jo's a bibliophile) of books are going to go, but I guess we'll find a place, won't we? We have no choice.

But it's making me feel totally out of control. "But you are!!" says my co-worker Deb. The baby's in charge, and she says I should relish it. Relish it?!!

9 weeks done today. Looking for that light at the end of the tunnel. Where is it?!

Banana girl you do have the best husband ever. I just asked Jo if she would make me a waffle and all I got was an eyeroll and "I hate how they smell". If I weren't so tired, I'd blow a gasket. In lieu of blowing a gasket, maybe I'll just get weepy again.

Thank you for letting me gripe!

Jen

ps: to add insult to injury: The high temp today was well below zero F, with a windchill factor AGAIN. Special for our Canadian friends: I saw a bank sign today that told me it was -23 C.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#310 of 335 Old 01-30-2004, 09:38 AM

Oh Jen it will all come together and Jo will likely become more "into" it when you start to look pregnant, it's hard for the other person to comphrehend the huge changes that are going on right now.
What I use with Steve likely won't work with Jo, (I would never try it on a woman they're too smart:LOL ) But last night I wanted chocolate cake (badly!!) So I suggested Steve bake me one (not that he's ever baked a thing since we met) After I told him some brief directions on how to bake one, he asked if it would be alright for him to go out and buy one--of course I said sure that would be fine :LOL However, my ADD then took over and I blurted out "gee I guess going out to buy one sounds like a pretty good option when I tell him what I really want is a homebaked one!" So maybe I ruined it for myself:LOL Actually I the idea from Caroline when she told me if he doesn't like a good name to say well which do you like better? Herman or Caleb? naturally he chose Caleb. Perhaps tell Jo you need her to go out buy a waffle iron and then make them from scratch--frozen won't seem so bad then!! either that or tell her all the sick preggies from this board are coming after her if she doesn't give in to your waffle whims!!
#311 of 335 Old 01-30-2004, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Jen...it will get better!! This is something that people don't prepare you for. Everyone tends to paint this rosy picture about being pregnant and GLOWING!! Right. But when are too tired to even make it to the bathroom to throw up (yes, I have done that)...you are not thinking how joyous an event this is! Don't feel guilty. I ahve had thoughts like that with all my pregnancies. The funny part is that when this all passes, you will look back and say "Well, it couldn't have been all that bad!!".....this goes for labor too!!! And our partners cannot understand completly. My husband was pretty good my first pregnancy (of course he was unemployed my first trimester)...but they don't "get" it. It is hard to understand how it feels.....and they are usually stressed in their own way. That said, tell Jo to make you some damn waffles...remind her that what is a five minute inconvience for her is nothing compared to the nine months you are giving to bring this child into the world. (Although you can overuse that, my husband rolls his eyes at that now).

Shannon, I can't stand the thought of chocolate...ugh. Stupid Jon wouldn't get me ice cream last night. We need to have a partner bashing thread!!

Caroline
#312 of 335 Old 01-30-2004, 11:51 AM

I had a good night's sleep and that helped. I also heard last night from my lovely friend and co-worker Sara (who always says to me now "How are you? How's the baby?") that she is going with her class to the circus this morning, which means I am responsible today for a whole 45 minutes of teaching starting at 1:40 in the afternoon. YEAH!!!

The funny thing is, Shannon, that we do have a waffle iron! It's something about the texture of the frozen ones that I like! Yesterday in faculty meeting the first grade teacher, upon hearing about my ridiculous craving for frozen waffles, pointed at me and said "...you! I have frozen waffles for you!" Why he has so many frozen waffles, I'll never know, but I'll sure take them!!!

The current temperature in the Twin Cities is -23F / -31C. The windchill factor does not need to be converted, as C and F converge at -40 and it's below that right now!! (-41). Jo and I are unsure whether our cars are going to start. Mine just barely started yesterday.

Thank you for your kind words. As the week gets longer, my rope keeps getting shorter. Thankfully today is Friday, I have a reduced workload, and there are no plans for the weekend besides Jo and I switching sides of the bed (to get us and the cats used to it!) and trying to find all the d*** paperwork from the lawyer for wills and medical power of attorney...

xo, Jen

#313 of 335 Old 01-30-2004, 12:30 PM

Jen, warm wishes to you! Hope you have a toasty weekend inside.

My dh has been really sweet, always asking how I'm feeling and getting me things when rising is a horrid thought. But I can tell that there are times when he doesn't quite understand fully... I feel really guilty sometimes for not being able to contribute much to the keeping of the house and such, but I'm both trying to not feel guilty and get more done, which has gotten progressively better over the last week.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#314 of 335 Old 01-30-2004, 12:57 PM

I know exactly what you mean about helping around the house! My hubby and i have started making agreements regarding chores i can and cannot do. For example,... Laundry is my realm, dishes are his realm. In the morning i get his gym clothes packed while he cooks me breakfast. This keeps me away from the horror of morning smells and gets him ready to leave the house on time.

The other compromise we made involves making 15 minute long commitments to certain chores in the evening, which is when I am nearly useless, and feel super guilty about it. We both work on the agreed upon task for 15 minutes and then stop when the time is up. I feel like i'm contributing, but know exactly how much longer i have to keep moving. sometimes he keeps working after the 15 minutes but I can go lay down and not feel like a total slacker, mooch bum.

Unfortunately this back fired last night, when we tried to put away laundry right after eating and the repeated bending over caused me to hurl. Oh well at least he knew I was truly making an effort!

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#315 of 335 Old 01-30-2004, 01:31 PM

Hi Chrissy - I just wanted to say 'congrats'! I was lurking on the infertility board (I wish I could do/say something that was helpful there), and I saw in your signature that you were pregnant!

I remember posting with you on a 'Trying to Conceive' thread back just before I conceived ds (born Sept '03) - I am so glad to know that you have another little one on the way.
#316 of 335 Old 01-30-2004, 01:59 PM

Well, I don't know what to do about this nasty saliva thing I have going on. I don't think there's anything I can do. I don't know if anyone caught the thread I posted, but it appears that I have ptyalism, which is excessive saliva production. I spit a mouthful out every 30 seconds or so.
Just how the hell am I gonna work this weekend? I wait tables. "Ummm, excuse me while I spit"?????
I am miserable. Truly miserable. My husband is in awe of this peculiar thing. He woke up this morning and saw a million spitted-in tissues by the side of the bed, and couldn't believe it.

Sigh. This pregnancy sucks so far. All my others were nice.
And why is everyone convinced that I'm having twins? Are they trying to torture me? But to be honest, the thought has been stuck in my head from day one as well.

Ok. Thanks for listening to my rant.
This -21 degree weather is horrid. Thats 21 degrees BELOW zero, people! Jen, I'm so glad you're here with me! LOL!
#317 of 335 Old 01-30-2004, 04:47 PM

Hi Carolyn! I remember you too! Thanks so much for the congratulations. I hope you and your little one are doing well.

3under3, wow what a yucky symptom to have. I hope some of the suggestions given on your other thread are able to give you some relief!

Shannon, that is so cool that hypnosis has helped with your morning sickness. I totally don't "get" hypnosis but it obviously works!

Jen, I'm sorry you are having a tough time right now. It is all so normal though and you will get through it. And you've got all of us to vent to throughout!

Lynsey, how are you doing?

Hey to everybody else. I need to drag myself to bed to nap with my little guy,

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#318 of 335 Old 01-30-2004, 08:05 PM

well I ended up cancelling my sonogram that I had scheduled for next Wednesday. It was causing me more stress thinking about having it than it was thinking about NOT having it.

I told my midwife I was going to cancel it and she asked "so you arent going to come by and see me then?" I really like her.

I really dont see what a sono at 6.5 weeks is going to do for me. I think I would go in and feel relieved for awhile but as soon as I had a cramp or something I would just worry again and I cant constantly just be having sonos for reassurance. If Im going to have one it would make more sense to do it around 10 weeks so maybe Ill do that.

I would feel better if I had morning sickness or something, but for the most part I feel okay. That is pretty normal for me though, with my daughter I felt great... I feel like Ive been pregnant for so long (12.5 weeks last time and so far 6 weeks with this one)and Im not making any progress.

What will happen will happen with or without sonograms and other stuff so I guess I need to chill out a bit.

My 1st real appt is Feb. 25th. I will be 9.5 weeks. Im thinking of rescheduling for 12 weeks though so when I go we can hear the heartbeat hopefully. I have to drive almost 2 hours to get to my midwife so it def. makes a difference to me.

anyways...I guess Ill quit whining or venting or whatever Im doing now........
#319 of 335 Old 01-30-2004, 08:16 PM

lynsey vent all you need, honestly hearing other women stressing and complaining makes me feel connected to something bigger than me and my own misery. Way to stick to your gut feelings. I'm glad to hear you are avoiding unnessasary visits just for reassurance. best of luck!

#320 of 335 Old 01-30-2004, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

Lazuli....where are you?? What is going on? Did you have the retest??

Caroline
#321 of 335 Old 01-30-2004, 11:52 PM

Today we received a book I bought on eBay called "From Conception to Birth" and Jo PORED over it. It's a fascinating book, tremendously scientific... right up Joey's alley. And no wonder why we're tired, given how the baby develops in the first 10 weeks... it's incredible. And now she has a better grip on what's going on inside me.

Have a laugh at my weepiness, at least I could laugh at me too: we were sitting here tonight watching the muppet show on dvd... Kermit sang "it's not easy being green" and I cried. But Animal is making me hoot with laughter!! He says it like it is! Was this show so funny when I was little?! And did I know that Dudley Moore is a talented musician?!

I have a night all to myself - Jo has gone to watch Matrix Revolutions with a friend since I know I could not stay up the whole time (it starts at 9:30!). Believe it or not, I'm kind of psyched.

This random entry brought to you by Jen, Sprout, and frozen waffles, of course

ps: Danielle: I read in a book once of a woman who also made tons of excess thick saliva: she sucked on hard candy and that helped thin it out, at least... stay warm!!

#322 of 335 Old 01-31-2004, 10:49 AM

Caroline - Here I am! I did call the doctor, ended up making an appointment for next Friday but I'm going to cancel it. I'm taking the extra progesterone lozenge a day and I feel pretty yucky. I've actually been throwing up once a day for the last few days, so I'm taking this to mean it's an improvement. I may ask if I can just go to the local lab for the bloodwork since I can't make it to the doctor's office on Friday. I think everything is fine, I've not had any bleeding at all, or any cramps or anything. We've got an appointment on Feb. 10 with a homebirth doctor, I'm actually looking forward to that. You know, I haven't even been given a due date yet! (Though by my figuring based on what the Dr. Sears pregnancy book says I'm due September 7.) I'm going to go find some breakfast now....

Lazuli
#323 of 335 Old 01-31-2004, 10:56 AM

Lazuli,

Its nice to hear from you and great that you are feeling more confident about things! Wonderful!

So you will be able to have a homebirth with an actual MD, instead of a midwife? Thats very interesting...

I dont think there are any MDs in my area that wil attend homebirths.
#324 of 335 Old 01-31-2004, 10:58 AM

Thanks for saying. Makes me feel good!
#325 of 335 Old 01-31-2004, 11:04 AM

So if you choose to birth at the birth center would you have the same midwife as you did with your son?

What will help you make up your mind about home or birth center birth?

Was your appt. last Thursday or this coming Thursday? Let us know how you like her.

My midwife owns her own birth center, which I considered birthing at with Paityn, but decided that the drive (almost 2 hours) was too far for monthly and weekly appts and the birth.

With this one and the last baby I had no doubt that I would have a homebirth though. My family is kindof nervous about it, but I just kindof ignore everyone. Of course they wouldnt be happy with me being at a BC either, only a hospital!
#326 of 335 Old 01-31-2004, 11:07 AM

Congrats on seeing your baby! What all could you see? Was there lots of movement? Arms and legs?

I had an 8.5 weks sono with Paityn but dont remember a thing about it. :
#327 of 335 Old 01-31-2004, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

Lynsey, I didn't see much movement at all...but I saw the "arm and leg buds" and the head. There was also a clear shot of the umbilical cord..it was cool!

Caroline
#328 of 335 Old 01-31-2004, 01:54 PM

I just came by to say good-bye. We lost our baby.
I had some very light bleeding and cramping at 7 weeks and went in for an ultrasound at the ER last weekend, which looked more like 5 weeks. Everything looked perfect but no heartbeat. The doctor said it could be I had miscalculated and if so, at 5 weeks I may not see the heartbeat anyway. So he scheduled me for another u/s next week, but after a very anxious, depressing week, I started to lose the baby yesterday. I think I am still in shock right now.

I will look forward to reading all your birth announcements in September. I hope you all have fantastic, comfortable pregnancies and exactly the kind of births you dream about! You have a supportive group here--enjoy.
#329 of 335 Old 01-31-2004, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Oh Bee, I am so sorry. There are no words that will comfort you , I know. You are on my thoughts and prayers..

Caroline
#330 of 335 Old 01-31-2004, 04:21 PM

So sorry Bee, take care of yourself, we'll all be thinking of you I'm sure.
Shannon

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page