September 2004 Mommies - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 335 Old 01-18-2004, 05:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you for such fast replies! The bath thing confuses me too...it's definitely not bath water...

What did the corpus luteum cyst feel like Chrissy? If it was ectopic would it feel like this?
#122 of 335 Old 01-18-2004, 05:44 PM

Mine was a pain that was noticeable but not terribly painful. It wasn't enough to make me go to the doctor but when I did go they did an internal u/s to "date" the pregnancy and the tech said something about there being a corpus luteum cyst. So I asked which side it was on and said, "oh that must be what's been a little bit painful." I think I asked the doctor too.

I think an ectopic is very very painful and comes with other symptoms usually.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#123 of 335 Old 01-18-2004, 05:58 PM

I am sooo happy to be here! My name is Lynsey and I just found out today that I am due late Sept. Baby center told me my due date is Sept. 24.

I have 2 kids already: Riley, almost 6 and Paityn, almost 2. I also had a miscarriage 4 months ago in Sept. 03.

I will be having my 2nd VBAC at home - unless there is an emergency or something like that. My son was born by cesarean for breech presentation and my daughter was born by VBAC like I said above.

The weird and kindof scary thing about this pregnancy is that I had my last pap in Dec. and thought nothing more of it. We started ttc, then I found out the pap had come back HSIL which is severe cervical dysplasia. I then went to an OB/GYN and had 8 biopsies (after they did a preg. test and it came back NEGATIVE)!!! I was just fixing to start treatment for the dysplasia yesterday but for some reason decided to wait until today. I am glad I did.

But I am worried about having another miscarriage because of the biopsies and of the dysplasia getting worse because of the pregnancy.

Well, my head is still spinning from the news and I cant even think straight so I guess I will go for now!
#124 of 335 Old 01-18-2004, 06:02 PM

Hello all,

I got a fabulous Christmas present of a on the 25th of December. That was a full 2 weeks after ovulating, and I wanted to wait another day, but my dp Jo suggested I go test before I drove us both crazy. This will be our first.

Have any of you had experiences telling friends and having them make disparaging comments about your choices to go with a midwife instead of an ob, or to turn down a routine ultrasound? Would appreciate your responses, whether thoughtful or just flip and off the cuff I nearly bit the head off of Jo's cousin last night because of his stupid anti-midwife comment!

best - jen

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#125 of 335 Old 01-18-2004, 06:03 PM

My book says that an ectopic would not start causing any pain until 5 1/2 to 6 weeks--when did you start to feel it? Also that it would get progressively worse. The cyst I had felt like gas pain that wouldn't go away or move, if you know what I mean. This time around though, I'm getting pain, kind of aruond my cervix--my doctor said, minor pain is a normal preg symptom as things stretch and such, and only to worry if the pain is debilitating or comes on very suddenly and doesn't resolve.
#126 of 335 Old 01-18-2004, 06:06 PM

Bellusmum- I also had a corpus luteum cyst. I had it with my son and now again with this pregnancy. It feels like an occasionally sharp/achey pain on my left ovary. I worried about it with my first pregnancy, but not this one since I recognize the sensation. I've also heard that an ectopic is super painful and causes bleeding. BTW, our girl's name with our last pregnancy and again with this one is the same as your daughter's - Isobel. I just love that name. We'll see if we get to use it this time!

I can relate to everyone else's nausea. I haven't thrown up (yet) but I feel nausea whether I eat or don't eat. If I eat to fill up then I feel the worst. I keep trying to "graze" and eat little meals. It seems to be helping. For how much longer I don't know... I've also been totally exhausted. I don't remember feeling this way at all with my first pregnancy. Of course, I wasn't chasing around a two year old either!

wishing everyone well....
Andrea
#127 of 335 Old 01-18-2004, 06:26 PM

Starrynight, you and I have the same due date!

I have never been a person who had to think about food as much as I have been the past 5 weeks. If I don't eat enough or often enough, I have nausea. If I eat too much, I have diarrhea (sometimes several hours later!). If I eat something and my body doesn't like it, I throw up. And I won't even mention the all-day heartburn that sometimes shows up. I have found slippery elm to be one saving grace, especially for the heartburn!!

What an evil dance! I am so looking forward to being past this. I just keep trying to remind myself that morning (afternoon, evening) sickness means that my hormone levels are high - and that's good for my pregnancy. It's hard to remember sometimes, though!!!

Gentle wishes to your tummies...

jen

#128 of 335 Old 01-18-2004, 07:10 PM

Hi Ladies!! I am new here but would love to join you ladies
I am expecting #5 EDD 9/01/04...we are planning on a homebirth this will be our second one...The first homebirth was awesome and cannot wait to experience again. I have met my midwife and she is soooo awesome, I LOVE her, We are sooo excited I hope you don't mind me jumping in and joining you, CONGRATS to all of you to!!!

Julie (34)
Mom to 3 boys + 3 girls = PERFECTION joy.gif
Collector of TOYS!
#129 of 335 Old 01-18-2004, 07:22 PM

Welcome, Lyndsay, Jen, Julie & Andrea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alright I really don't know where all our regulars are Believe it or not, this was a relativly hopping thread even before you guys all arrived (but thank God you did--I would be sooooo bored right now!!)
So how is everyone feeling?? I just started to get kinda scared, like oh my, this is really happening!! I did however talk to my good friend this morning, she is a social worker and has training in hypnosis, she has agreed to teach us hypnobirthing and said she would love to be in attendance at the birth. She already tends to have a major calming affect on me, so I'm so glad she wants to help!
#130 of 335 Old 01-18-2004, 07:42 PM

Hi Shannon!!
I am feeling okay today I am just very very tired and naseous today, nothing I eat tastes good to me and makes me gag, but hey this is all worth it Have you told yourt family and friends your great news yet? Are you having a homebirth?

Julie (34)
Mom to 3 boys + 3 girls = PERFECTION joy.gif
Collector of TOYS!
#131 of 335 Old 01-18-2004, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

I am here...just recovering from an all night barf fest! Not fun. I think I had a migraine, it wasn't just pregnancy related. That just made it worse!

Welcome to all the new members...I am Caroline, due with number 4 on Sept 10th.

Jen, i have had many comments about the midwife thing, along with other comments about our choices. I basicaly say that I have researched our choices extensively and I would be happy to compare research....basically like show me what you have looked into. Most times, people don't have their own research to back up their decisions, so that ends the comments right there. Then there are times it is just not worth saying anything. My MIL is always telling us how wrong we are...my SIL nursed her baby for 6 whole weeks, because she is a proffesional. It is the ignorant poor who breastfeed longer than 6 weeks...everyone knows formula is just as good!! These comments are not worth dealing with....I am rambling....

Anyway...hope everyone is well...

Caroline
#132 of 335 Old 01-18-2004, 07:55 PM

We have told some family and friends. My mom knows, but mil does not yet. My best friend (who will be doing the hypnosis) knows and my godson knows (but only because he was here for the weekend and I wasn't "well")
I am having some cramping and a bit of spotting, so likely I will go for an u/s if it keeps up to the end of next week. If I see a heart beat, I will start to tell more people.
Homebirth, not likely, we live 25 min from the nearest hospital and unfortunatley, I have rhuematoid arthritis and have had a couple hip surgeries, also back surgery for a ruptured disc that failed to heal for over a year and a half. The hip surgery especially may cause some problems and lead to a c-section, so likely I will be at hospital. Good news is that the OB I found is firmly in belief of letting things go natural as long as it is safe for mom and baby. He also is of the opinion that if you want to go home right after the baby is born, you are free to, or if you feel you need to stay, you can do that too. He seems very mellow and says his primary focus is keeping mom happy and relaxed.
Nothing tastes good to me either, my friend made and brought me some homemade chicken noodle soup and while it stayed down and is nice and healthy, it just kinda tasted like nothing.
Oh well, this part is only for 3 months right???
I'm also really dizzy the last few days.
It's all worth it though--woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#133 of 335 Old 01-18-2004, 08:39 PM

I went to the doctor on Thursday and everything is fine, yay! But I have to go back this Friday for another ultrasound and more bloodwork. I'm not sure I want any more ultrasounds, I mean, I had one, it's not ectopic my hormone levels are rising, so why do I need that? (And the worst part is my husband is out of town this week and I have to drive myself there and it's not close by and driving stresses me out.)

We've now tol both our families. my mom shrieked, dad was pleased (had to tell them over the phone, they live six hours away). That went better than expected. The in-laws were a different story. FIL is absolutely thrilled. My mil.....is going to give me problems. When one of our answers was that we were considering a homebirth she immediately said 'No! You can't do that, it's not safe!' and the reason for that was because she knew two women who had a uterine blood vessel rupture and they'd have died had they not been in the hospital so a homebirth was just a really bad idea. Oh, and a friend of hers, her daughter had one of those and now she's crazy. (I fail to see the correlation there...but hey, I'm already crazy, so o worries there. ) Oh, she also said I *had* to have a crib (this was after the nursery discussion and our lack of one). Reason: if nothing else, I'd need it for changing the baby. Hey, floor seems like the best idea to me. She didn't apporve of that either. :

I was super queasy all day yesterday but today hasn't been too bad, yay! I haven't thrown up yet, which suits me just fine. It doesn't seem to matter if I eat or if I don't eat, if I'm queasy, I stay that way. Since my husband is going to be away all week we went to Whole Foods today and stocked up on things I can fix quickly that are pretty bland.

Lazuli
#134 of 335 Old 01-18-2004, 09:58 PM

I would love to have a homebirth, but have no support for one. I'm going to have a difficult time convincing my DH of the birthcenter. I had my ds in a birthcenter, but it was within a hospital. We've moved since that, and the optionis no longer available. We're going to tour the birthcenter on Wednesday. Any advice on how to help persuade him? I really can't imagine doing the hospital thing.

Mama to ds 11, ds 7, dd 5, dd 2, and dd born on 6/17/12!

#135 of 335 Old 01-18-2004, 10:05 PM

I havent been able to read all the posts yet, but will this be anyones 1st homebirth? Is anyone having a VBAC? This will be my 2nd VBAC but 1st at home and I am so excited. We were also planning this with my last baby that I miscarried.
#136 of 335 Old 01-18-2004, 10:15 PM - Thread Starter

I am doing a hospital birth with a midwife. I would like to do a home birth, but Bridget would have died had she been at home, so that has scared me enough that I won't consider it. I would like to labor as much as I can at home....but since I only knew I was in labor with Bridget for about twelve minutes, who knows what will happen....I also know I will choose to stay in the hospital as long as they will let us, we have jaundice in our family and Bridget had it really bad...she crashed just as we were getting ready to take her home and ended up on life support..I guess the scary incidents we had with Bridget have altered our views a little.

For morning sickness, my husband bought these motion sickness bracelets, they use accupressure to make it better. OH MY...they really work. THey are $8 at any drugstore, well worth it!!! I was surprised...but I can function so much better now. And I thought they were all in my mind, but yesterday I was feeling really sick again and it turns out that one had turned around, I fixed it, and better!! Of course, tehy didn't work on the migraine sickness...but....

Caroline
#137 of 335 Old 01-18-2004, 10:46 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Ok, ok.:LOL

I guess I can join you ladies. I was planning to wait till I was further along, due to my history.

Today is 18dpo so I am

We have a midwife who I will not call till Feb. and are planning a homebirth. This will be our first child.
I am happy and will be getting more and more excited as the days pass.

We aren't planning on telling anyone till we pass the 12wk mark.
For me that will be March 10th.
Our little babe is due at the end of September!!
And looking at my chart would put money on us having a girl, what do y'all think?My Chart

Please if you can, send this babe some vibes.
#138 of 335 Old 01-19-2004, 01:30 AM

That stayed down, at least. I think.

We will hopefully be having baby at the Birth Center at a local hospital, it has a good reputation and a good working relationship with the midwives. Still, my biggest concerns about the pregnancy are not really about the pregnancy or even giving birth, it's that I will experience pressure to give birth or have interventions that I do not want. A co-worker gave me Ina May Gaskin's books in the summer which I believe (and somewhat fear) have colored my beliefs about childbirth away from the medical model. This I believe is good, but I don't know how it will sit in a modern medical institution. I only hope our midwife is as good as I've been told!

I'd like to have a home birth, but my dp is too scared to do that. The birth center seemed a compromise.

Time for bed - you all take care and no more barf fests!!! xo jen

#139 of 335 Old 01-19-2004, 01:47 AM

Shannon, the aching started about a week ago, and it is actually getting better today, I think I just needed to talk to some people about it and get out my fears, but I think maybe I'm not drinking enough water and it may be causing some intestinal cramping kind of thing...or it could be the cyst, either way I feel better about it.

We are planning a home birth as well, it will be our first home birth. Our last one was in the hospital, it went pretty well, they respected our wishes but I found that I was soooo stressed out about GETTING to the hospital that it caused undue anxiety for me. I worry a little about being at home, we are 20-25 min from a hospital, so it's not next door. But the midwife we are having is reportedly excellent. I know I need to do more research to be more comfortable about it, but this is what we are planning. And if I do decide that I want to go the hospital route, the hospital here is nice and small, and the labor and delivery is quite homey I hear. We'll see.
#140 of 335 Old 01-19-2004, 10:44 AM

Hello everyone!!

Well this morning, I was pleasantly surprised by a ! I was so sure I wasn't pregnant because I haven't experienced any symptoms yet, except wanting to eat all the time. I even had a couple of beers the other night-that's no good! This is totally different than last time. I'm just hoping this little one will stick around.

Oh, by the way, I'm Meredith, this is my second time being pregnant, but will be my first baby. I'm due I guess sometime at the end of September-I still need to look that one up

Can't wait to get to know you all!!!
#141 of 335 Old 01-19-2004, 11:15 AM

Welcome Meridith!
There are a number of us here with past miscarriages, so you are not alone. Don't worry yourself about the couple of beers! After all............ you can't exactly change anything and look at how many women drink before they know and everything is just fine!
Enjoy your long stay with us!!
#142 of 335 Old 01-19-2004, 12:38 PM

Hi everyone. I am back! I cannot believe how much I missed here being gone a few days...
WELCOME to all the new mammas. So good to have you here. I am expecting on the 14th.
Shannon-you had me laughing outloud with your throwing-up-in-the-grocery-store story. I am sure it was not as funny for you, but it will be with time!

Jen-When you mentioned that about people questioning your choice of midwife, it reminded me of when my close friend (married to a conventional doctor) found out we had a midwife for our other babies. She said something like, "Yes they are quite sensitive and caring about feelings, aren't they?" Okay, that may be true but it really irked me that she could not see that a midwife is a professional who is highly specialized in her/his field. I liken it to having skin problems: you can go to your regular doctor, but wouldn't you choose a dermatologist?? Likewise, why choose a OB-GYN when you can have a midwife who specializes in pregnancy and birth?? All that to say, we have had midwives before and will again. I live in Sweden and here we have a midwife for all prenatal care and possibly one doctor's appointment if it is felt necessary by mother or midwife. I could request more time with the doctor but probably won't. I have been very happy with midwives up to this point. I will not have my same midwife when I give birth but rather whoever is at the hospital at the time. But with my last birth, I felt like I was so much into my own thing that the midwife was more like a support who only intervened when I requested it. I want that again.

I am having very few symptoms, it seems. I feel very tired, have huge boobs, and have slight waves of nausea now adn then. I can't decide if that is good or bad.
The other night my 4-y-o patted my tummy and said, "Mamma, have you got a baby in there??"
#143 of 335 Old 01-19-2004, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Meredith...don't worry about those beers, the baby isn't supported by your placenta yet, so you are safe!

That is cute Bee...my kids are waiting for the abby to get big so they can see it! Speaking of cute sibling stories, I was laying down with my 2 year old yesterday and she kept kicking me. She was just being restless, so I told her she needs to be careful of Mommy's belly. She asked me because of the baby? I said yes. So she asked if she could talk to the baby..of course I said yes and gladly let her get down to my stomach..I was picturing a Hallmark moment.....NOT. She gets down close and whispers "Baby, I am going to kick you". Man, sibling rivalry already!!!

Hope everyone is feeling good..

Caroline
#144 of 335 Old 01-19-2004, 01:26 PM

LOL, she's a fiesty one Caroline!!!

Today I'm a little iffy, been cramping most of the weekend but worse today, that alone I could get over but I had a tiny bit of spotting on Thursday, so naturally my little personality has me worried sick. I have a dr.'s appt today anyway, so hopefully she will be able to settle me down a bit:
Good news I suppose is the morning sickness is still here strong, that was my first clue something was wrong with the one I lost, I had just horrible sickness and then one day it just disappeared, so everytime I run to the bathroom or have to lay down in hopes of keeping something down, I just smile to myself. (alright exept for the time I puked in the grocery store!!)
#145 of 335 Old 01-19-2004, 02:02 PM

Hello Ladies! First of all, Welcome to all of the newcomers! Congratulations! It is wonderful to have you all here and I look forward to getting to know you all!

greenbeing! I am so happy to see you here, HUGE congrats to you, I am so happy for you! (greenbeing and I were April mama thread buddies and had our losses close to each other, so I feel a special bond with her, you)

I was so lost without these boards all last week! I was in need of you all! I had a major freak out after a baby dream. I dreamt that my baby was talking to me and said that he/she couldn't get enough nourishment from me. I didn't think much of it at first, but the next day I didn't have any nausea and my boobs weren't very sore, so I got really upset about the prospect of another loss. Called my midwife and talked about options. After lots of talking I decided that I would feel best to try natural progesterone cream, an herbal formula (wild yam, black haw and false unicorn) and some vitamins (800 IU of E and 1000 mg of C) per her suggestions. That has eased my mind so much, as well as the continued (however fluctuating) sore boobs and nausea. I feel a lot better now, like I am doing something at least and not just sitting back, I guess I needed to feel more involved/active in the whole process.

We are planning a homebirth too, this will be our first child. I am very excited about it, dh too, I think that for me, home is the best place to be.

We haven't told anyone yet, except for my mom. We plan to wait until after the first tri, with the exception of my two best girlfriends, who I am waiting for the right time to tell. Because of that, we won't be dealing with other points of view on our choices for a bit, I am sure that will be interesting, I am collecting good rebuttals.

I forget who has the displaysia, but something I learned when researching whether I would have a pap during pregnancy or not, was that very often pregnancy will clear up cervical abnormalities. I totally understand your worry with the biopsies, I don't know much about those risks, but wanted to let you know that you may not have to worry about the displaysia at all once you have your baby.

I hope you are all doing well, at least as well as can be expected!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#146 of 335 Old 01-19-2004, 02:40 PM

Good morning,

I dreamt last night of my own son being born by c-section. I watched the dr cutting me open, and the baby being pulled out, looking quite angry about the whole thing. After that my dream progressed to him not wanting to nurse, just crying, squalling constantly. When I finally woke up from this nightmare, I found that my dear partner's breathing was whistle-y and sounded just like a baby crying!!!

Boy was I glad to wake up from THAT one!

Jen

#147 of 335 Old 01-19-2004, 03:22 PM

Hi everyone!
Glad the boards are back up again!

Jen-
I am in the Mpls area, too! I am due September 2nd or so. Haven't been to the Dr. yet. I go tomorrow.
This is my 4th, and I am considering a homebirth, but don't think we can afford one. We'll see. What birthcenter are you using? Hcmc? I am a former doula, and my first birth was at the hcmc birthcenter. It was great!

My nausea seems to be lessening, as is the metallic taste in my mouth, so that's good.
#148 of 335 Old 01-19-2004, 04:32 PM

Caroline! That story about your daughter talking to the baby is so funny! Must be somewhere to publish that!
We actually still have not told our boys because as talkative as they are with friends as well as complete strangers, the whole city would know by tomorrow. That is why I was so surprised when my son asked about the baby. Hmm. He was also singing a liitle "booby" song tonight. "I want boobies, breasts! breasts! breasts! I want boobies!" so he definitely is noticing something going on.

I said I had few signs, but then I thought about it and one thing I have noticed is this extreme sensitivity. The other night I went to bed early and just cried, thinking it was all wrong, everything was wrong, everything would go wrong, etc. etc. Two days later, I could not really remember why I was so sad. So there must be some hormone action going on. I also had a near-vomiting spell after too much gelato. But I suppose that could happen anytime. Shanno, sound like your hormones are working fine.

Come to think of it, I am starving. :LOL Better go.
(See you this weekend--I have a work conference this week. May be good to think of something else a few days)
#149 of 335 Old 01-19-2004, 11:11 PM

Thanks for your input on the cervical dysplasia. I got my biopsy results back today and was very relieved to find things were not nearly as bad as we had thought. The Dr. did mention that I might want to consider an early ultrasound to make sure the biopsies that she did of the endocervical canal didnt interfere with implantation or anything. She said she was very aggressive trying to get a good tissue sample and shes not sure how far up she went. So, hopefully tomorrow I will talk with my midwife and see what she thinks about the situation.

I had been tossing around the idea of a sono anyways, because I really dont want to go all the way to 12.5 weeks and find out something is wrong again like last time.

Sorry to be such a downer!
#150 of 335 Old 01-19-2004, 11:14 PM

Sorry to hear you had such a scary dream. Where will you be giving birth at again? When I was pregnant with my 2nd child (and my vbac) I had dreams where I was forced into a cesarean constantly. I was so scared it would really happen.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page