#61 of 572 Old 04-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by catemom View Post
Hi All!

I only like the cilantro/jalapeno hummus from Costco (all the other flavors at our Costco have dairy in them anyway) if I'm going to eat the non-homemade kind.
WHY WOULD ANYONE PUT DAIRY IN HUMMUS?

It boggles the mind!
#62 of 572 Old 04-19-2009, 02:03 PM

Hey sukilove, nice to see you "on this side", LOL! Congrats on your pregnancy!

Lilgreen had her baby! I don't know how to link posts put she is in the April DDC and posted her amazing birth story over there.

Me: 26w2d, just went for a 3 mile "wog". Up 15 lbs from pre-pg weight so right on track for a 28-32 lb weight gain I think. I'd be happy with that/ I gained 22 lbs with DD and 47 lbs with DS. She is very petite and he is a linebacker.

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#63 of 572 Old 04-19-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
They must have changed. Here's their site and ingredient list:

http://www.8thcontinent.com/products...inent-original

No dairy.
ack I'm going off old info then

Melanie, vegan mommy to twin girls born Dec. 2007, and another little girl born Sept. 25th, 2009!
#64 of 572 Old 04-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Banned

A lot of Soy milks used to have dairy in them, but they probably changed them recently.

I never get what the point of mixing a soy product with dairy. Like, hello? Obviously the people who are consuming it are looking for an alternative. It's like those awful veggie slices cheese that contain dairy ingredients. I guess the bonus is that there's no lactose? Meh.
#65 of 572 Old 04-19-2009, 02:31 PM

yes exactly about the milk casein protein in those soy slices. ALSO I recently found out that Stonyfield Farms soy yogurt has dairy in it, too!

Melanie, vegan mommy to twin girls born Dec. 2007, and another little girl born Sept. 25th, 2009!
#66 of 572 Old 04-19-2009, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I read the ingredients on the soymilk before I bought it, no dairy

I also hate the "dairy free" cheese that contains casein. But, there aren't many vegan soy cheese that are worth eating either.

I recently, and FINALLY tries Sheese, and it was awesome! I tried the smoke cheddar flavor, and I really, really liked it!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#67 of 572 Old 04-19-2009, 03:59 PM

I want to make all those cheeses from Vegetarian Times

#68 of 572 Old 04-19-2009, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

I have the Un-Cheese cookbook, but I haven't had the money, or energy to make them.. I'll try them someday Raw cashews are expensive, and not my top priority.

#69 of 572 Old 04-20-2009, 10:57 AM

Hi all! (welcome back me )

I have tried the Sheese Blue, and it is delicious! I think that Sheese is by far the best vegan cheese. I have heard good things about the cheddars and am going to try them soon. yummers!

I need to get my hands on one of the veg times that have those cheese recipes in them. Is it still on the stands? Maybe I'll be able to order a back issue...

Does 8th continent use the vegan version of D? D2?

Congrats Lilgreen!

Congrats Sukilove! I had to switch to liquid calcium supplement as pills weren't going down so well... I have LifeSource Nutrition Liquid Cal-Mag. I mix it with a bit of OJ and it goes down really easily. I use DEVA prenatals, when I can swallow them. Good luck.

I have a question... I know that all pregnancies are different, but...This pregnancy has been so much harder than the last pregnancy, which is making people tell me "it's going to be a boy!"
Have any of you noticed in your pregnancies a difference between the pregnancy and it correlating to the gender?

: totally in love , vegan & mountain dwelling mama to my girls ❤ 5.2003 & 10.2009 ❤
#70 of 572 Old 04-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Banned

I think that whole gender=symptoms thing is crap, personally. It's right 50% of the time

I'm having a horrific pregnancy, way worse than my other two. And it's my third girl. So there goes that theory for me.
#71 of 572 Old 04-20-2009, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrl View Post

I have a question... I know that all pregnancies are different, but...This pregnancy has been so much harder than the last pregnancy, which is making people tell me "it's going to be a boy!"
Have any of you noticed in your pregnancies a difference between the pregnancy and it correlating to the gender?
Didn't happen here either. Totally different pregnancy, and my 2nd boy.

#72 of 572 Old 04-20-2009, 03:51 PM

Well, my two previous (sucessful) PGs were totally different from each other.

With DD I was sick as a dog with all-day-worse-at-night-sickness until 20 weeks and only gained 22 lbs.
With DS I never threw up, gained 47 lbs and was exhausted! Of course I did also have a 12-20 month old to look after.

This baby (another DS), right in the middle. I threw up about 4 times and am on track to gain 30 lbs.

I have never seen Sheese, I wonder if I can get it up here.

#73 of 572 Old 04-20-2009, 08:49 PM

Hi everyone!

I am having a boy and really this pregnancy is HARD... still sick at almost 28 weeks

I cannot wait to enjoy food. I am wondering if I'll EVER enjoy eating again!

I went to see Colin Campbell speak today (the China Study). He was speaking at the medical school where I'm a professor. He was wonderful... all the med students and other professors seemed to be amazed by his findings... goes to show the extent to which certain facts/truths are hidden.

Very interesting stuff.

Zubee

jog.gif   mama to DS 7/09 and married to DH bikenew.gif

#74 of 572 Old 04-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubeldia View Post
Hi everyone!

I am having a boy and really this pregnancy is HARD... still sick at almost 28 weeks

I cannot wait to enjoy food. I am wondering if I'll EVER enjoy eating again!

I went to see Colin Campbell speak today (the China Study). He was speaking at the medical school where I'm a professor. He was wonderful... all the med students and other professors seemed to be amazed by his findings... goes to show the extent to which certain facts/truths are hidden.

Very interesting stuff.

Zubee
sounds like hyperemesis. check out http://www.hyperemesis.org/ for tips to get through it.

and yes, you will enjoy food again. pretty much the second the baby pops out you're back to normal.
#75 of 572 Old 04-21-2009, 10:25 AM

Cool Zubee re the China Study lecture! What do you teach? I was planning on being a law professor when I first went to grad school.

#76 of 572 Old 04-21-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Hi all! (welcome back me )

I have tried the Sheese Blue, and it is delicious! I think that Sheese is by far the best vegan cheese. I have heard good things about the cheddars and am going to try them soon. yummers!
Sheesh and FYH are the two vegan cheeses I can get around here... naturally, I dislike them both. I keep trying different flavors of Sheesh, hoping I'll get one that isn't like WHOA SOY AFTERTASTE... no luck yet. I've also had Teese... the cheddar flavor tastes very very bad to me, but the mozzarella is okay. Just okay.

On the other hand, I am madly in love with Cheezly. When I went to the UK in January/February, my big goal was to purchase and eat as much Cheezly as I could in three weeks. It only costs 1 pound 50 there, as opposed to $9+associated mail order costs here. Also, it is the only vegan cheese I like. But alas, that was in the "everything makes me sick" phase of my pregnancy and we only ended up eating one package of Cheezly. Curse you, morning sickness!

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

#77 of 572 Old 04-21-2009, 03:23 PM

I only WISH I had some of the nausea problems as I am on the OTHER end of the spectrum eating everything in sight ! My appetite is RAGING

#78 of 572 Old 04-22-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldandsleepy View Post
Sheesh and FYH are the two vegan cheeses I can get around here... naturally, I dislike them both. I keep trying different flavors of Sheesh, hoping I'll get one that isn't like WHOA SOY AFTERTASTE... no luck yet. I've also had Teese... the cheddar flavor tastes very very bad to me, but the mozzarella is okay. Just okay.

On the other hand, I am madly in love with Cheezly. When I went to the UK in January/February, my big goal was to purchase and eat as much Cheezly as I could in three weeks. It only costs 1 pound 50 there, as opposed to $9+associated mail order costs here. Also, it is the only vegan cheese I like. But alas, that was in the "everything makes me sick" phase of my pregnancy and we only ended up eating one package of Cheezly. Curse you, morning sickness!
Isn't that interesting. I guess I need to try Cheezly! I'm not a fan of the FYH, unless it's cooked into the food, like enchiladas, etc.
The Teese, I just cannot do. It tastes like plastic to me. If you melt it on pizza or sammy's, as soon as it hits the cooler air, it solidifies and it's all creepy. blech.

Has any one tried Dr. Cow!? It is very very good. It's a raw nut cheese, and good grief, it's good. --EXPENSIVE. But if anyone lives in the NYC (Brooklyn I think) area, you can go grab yourself a little chunk and give it a try.

PurpleMonkey... I'm kinda jealous! You don't have any morning sickness? I'm still having issues going into week 15.... sigh.

: totally in love , vegan & mountain dwelling mama to my girls ❤ 5.2003 & 10.2009 ❤
#79 of 572 Old 04-22-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post
I have never seen Sheese, I wonder if I can get it up here.

Mail order. You can try Cosmo's vegan shoppe or Pangea. I'm sure other places sell it. Maybe Vegan Essentials?

#80 of 572 Old 04-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Banned

I'm convinced women who don't have morning sickness are the same women who wear their pre-pregnancy jeans right after they give birth.
#81 of 572 Old 04-22-2009, 12:31 PM

#82 of 572 Old 04-22-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Has any one tried Dr. Cow!? It is very very good. It's a raw nut cheese, and good grief, it's good. --EXPENSIVE. But if anyone lives in the NYC (Brooklyn I think) area, you can go grab yourself a little chunk and give it a try.
I reeeeally want to try Dr. Cow, but the expense of having to mail order it on top of the expense of the cheese itself is putting me off. :/ I'm going back to the east coast to visit family for two weeks this summer, though, and I'm thinking about getting my friend who lives in Brooklyn to drive down to PA and bring me some.

Re: morning sickness: sorry to hear it's still lingering for a bunch of you! I had really bad (like hyperemesis sort of bad) morning sickness for most of the first trimester, but it's really tapered off. I'm getting sick about 2-3 nights a week now, and I can't tell you how big of an improvement it is... well, you can probably imagine yourselves. Hopefully yours will get better eventually! I mean, it almost definitely will in another 25 weeks if nothing else.

#83 of 572 Old 04-22-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
I'm convinced women who don't have morning sickness are the same women who wear their pre-pregnancy jeans right after they give birth.
LOL Lindsay, you crack me up! I did have m/s with all 3 to varying degrees(worst with DD) and I sure couldn't wear my pre-preg jeans right after birth.

However, I am still wearing them NOW at 26.5 weeks so I hoping I will get back into them MUCh earlier this time!

Sadly,Ii appear to have gained 3 lbs in 2 days!

#84 of 572 Old 04-22-2009, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post
LOL Lindsay, you crack me up! I did have m/s with all 3 to varying degrees(worst with DD) and I sure couldn't wear my pre-preg jeans right after birth.

However, I am still wearing them NOW at 26.5 weeks so I hoping I will get back into them MUCh earlier this time!

Sadly,Ii appear to have gained 3 lbs in 2 days!
There was no way I was going to fit into a size 1 or 3... probably never again.. lots of morning sickness, esp with #1.

That is crazy you are still wearing your normal jeans! I was in full maternity around 15 weeks!

#85 of 572 Old 04-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Banned

I have been in maternity pants since like 8 weeks
#86 of 572 Old 04-23-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Mail order. You can try Cosmo's vegan shoppe or Pangea. I'm sure other places sell it. Maybe Vegan Essentials?
I'm not at all a fan of Sheese, I think it tastes awful, but have you mamas seen....

THIS?!

I cannot wait to try it!

Mama with DD (01/04) and DD (08/09)
#87 of 572 Old 04-23-2009, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raene View Post
I'm not at all a fan of Sheese, I think it tastes awful, but have you mamas seen....

THIS?!

I cannot wait to try it!
Now I want to try THAT one!!!! But it looks like it's not in stores yet?

#88 of 572 Old 04-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:

THIS?!

I cannot wait to try it!
I have been hearing about this forever. WHEN OH WHEN IS THAT GOING TO COME OUT?!?!?
#89 of 572 Old 04-23-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:

THIS?!

I cannot wait to try it!
Oh my goodness! That looks unbelievable! Wow. How cruel that it's not available to purchase yet...

Busy mama to my three little lads!
#90 of 572 Old 04-23-2009, 01:54 PM

Daiya: I definitely want to try it, because the honest truth is that I will put ANYTHING in my mouth if it says vegan on it! At least once.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page