Forum Jump: 

#121 of 572 Old 04-28-2009, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
I swear I won't post again before I'm pregnant
Oceane, you can post in here whenever you want!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 572 Old 04-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
Oceane, you can post in here whenever you want!

We love you Oceane! I still post in the TTC vegans forum. And I'm not TTC anymore (obviously, lol!) and I'm not 100% vegan either
#123 of 572 Old 04-29-2009, 12:43 PM

oceane! No need to swear something like that! We love seeing you here!! I agree with the other pp's-- you are totally welcome to post here

catemom YAY!! Congratulations! : Welcome to baby Asher! He is so beautiful! You did good work! You must be so proud

Did anyone catch the latest version of VegNews? They had a little chart rating the vegan cheeses and they too liked the Cheezly best... There is a version of Cheezly with bacun bits?

Oh, who else thinks it is too late to rename the swine flu something else because the name is "harming" the pork industry? What a friggen joke- End factory farming, and we end pandemics like this! Anyway everyone- WASH YOUR HANDS, and tell everyone to stay at home if they are in any way sick! We can only do so much. But it's freaky non the less. Especially since we now have an american death (Texas, a 23 month old). So sad. The news said last night that around 3600 people die every year of the "regular" influenza strains, so this one doesn't seem like such a big deal (yet?). And of course, children/babies & older folks. Does any one do flu shots?

I had a great midwife appt yesterday. Good strong heartbeat (150's) and every thing, blood work results, urine, weight gain, all looked good. I'm so relieved after being sick for so long and having to resort to antibiotics, I was anxious. But that baby bump is coming along well now! I even have gotten past all the 1st tri symptoms! :

allright, I have rambled enough for one day .... Thanks friends, for listening and being here!

: totally in love , vegan & mountain dwelling mama to my girls ❤ 5.2003 & 10.2009 ❤
#124 of 572 Old 04-29-2009, 12:58 PM

oceane, don't be silly. Post here all you want! Half of us post on your thread! We love to see you here and can't wait until it is more regular, :

Cinannom, that sounds like a great appointment! Mine was cancelled yesterday as she was at a birth.

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#125 of 572 Old 04-29-2009, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

cinnamongrl- I watched a CNN clip yesterday and they were blaming factory farming.. so that is a start. I posted it on my FB. We don't do vaccines of any kind, so no flu shots here, and I will not be getting any for this swine flu either. We're just making sure we are washing hands often, and trying to be healthy. I am mostly concerned about me, I am the only one who would likely be exposed to it, since I work at the health department for WIC.

catemom- how are you and Asher? Where did you post pics?

#126 of 572 Old 04-29-2009, 01:21 PM

I heard something really interesting today...I work in a HFS and someone said that they were stocking up on cinnamon, b/c the last time there was a big flu similar to this one, cinnamon factory workers were one of the only groups left unharmed. They think something in the cinnamon protected them.

Well, it's worth a shot! (Not the vaccine kind, lol)

Partnered mama with DD (01/04) and DD (08/09) and 8 critters, including a !
#127 of 572 Old 04-29-2009, 01:39 PM

Raene LOL!!
I can't see myself going for any kind of vax either. ew.

Cinnamon...hmmmm, that is so interesting! Why not!

I'm nervous too as I work in a public elementary school two days per week. And people (most of them) will send their kids to school sick or not... but I am in Colorado, and so far, no one from Colorado have confirmed swine flu... I'm thinking of zicamming after school both days, upping my echinacea/vit c intake...maybe starting on some grapefruit seed extract? (& lots of garlic! ...and cinnamon...)

: totally in love , vegan & mountain dwelling mama to my girls ❤ 5.2003 & 10.2009 ❤
#128 of 572 Old 04-30-2009, 06:04 PM

Heya, I made it back from Hawaii! It was an awesome trip, very laid back, got some vitamin D in, some mini hikes and things. My next exciting thing is my u/s and appt this coming Tuesday. I'm nervously/excitedly awaiting to hear that everything is ok and if its a boy or a girl.
I hope everyone's been well? I hadn't heard anything about the swine flu until I got back. I'm personally not worried about it but I don't really pay atterntion to the news on it so it almost doesn't exist for me.
#129 of 572 Old 04-30-2009, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by megame View Post
Heya, I made it back from Hawaii! It was an awesome trip, very laid back, got some vitamin D in, some mini hikes and things. My next exciting thing is my u/s and appt this coming Tuesday. I'm nervously/excitedly awaiting to hear that everything is ok and if its a boy or a girl.
I hope everyone's been well? I hadn't heard anything about the swine flu until I got back. I'm personally not worried about it but I don't really pay atterntion to the news on it so it almost doesn't exist for me.
How was your trip??!! What did you do?

#130 of 572 Old 05-01-2009, 12:13 PM

Sounds like a great vacation magame!
How exciting that you are going to find out about your baby in just a few days! We are thinking that we are going to do that too at my next midwife appt.

stupid pig flu made it to Colorado... ARG!

#131 of 572 Old 05-01-2009, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrl View Post

stupid pig flu made it to Colorado... ARG!
Yeah it is here too.. they closed all the schools in Park City.

#132 of 572 Old 05-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Banned

This whole flu thing is so ridiculous omg. I still can't believe they are CLOSING schools over this!

Now the WHO is saying there are way less confirmed cases than previously reported and only 7 deaths worldwide, all in Mexico only.
#133 of 572 Old 05-01-2009, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
This whole flu thing is so ridiculous omg. I still can't believe they are CLOSING schools over this!

Now the WHO is saying there are way less confirmed cases than previously reported and only 7 deaths worldwide, all in Mexico only.
I agree.

#134 of 572 Old 05-01-2009, 02:48 PM

:

Greek vegan mama to an amazing little bean born in May 2009.
#135 of 572 Old 05-01-2009, 02:51 PM

I just wanted to check for Asher's pic (catemom, he is absolutely adorable) and now you've all made me feel very special and welcome. so thank you!

hh2.gif

#136 of 572 Old 05-01-2009, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
I just wanted to check for Asher's pic (catemom, he is absolutely adorable)
did i miss this post?

#137 of 572 Old 05-02-2009, 05:06 AM

Quote:
did i miss this post?
she added a pic to the original announcement post a few pages back!

hh2.gif

#138 of 572 Old 05-02-2009, 10:32 AM

cough. sniffle. oink. ah-choo!

#139 of 572 Old 05-02-2009, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by catemom View Post
He is so beautiful! How are you feeling?

#140 of 572 Old 05-02-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
How was your trip??!! What did you do?
It was a great vacation. I so needed a break. I've come back to work relaxed and I'm just looking forward to so many things coming up with the pregnancy that everything just feels really positive.
We brought loads of food with us for the flight and I must have hit some weird period because I ate nearly all of it and I was really hungry when we got there so we had to find food first thing. Then I felt like a caterpillar chomping away nonstop for the next three days before my appetite seemed to go back to normal. Since I've returned, I've been dealing with the same thing where about every hour or two I have to go to my desk and find some food. I went to the grocery store nearby and loaded up.
I've come to realize that I become breathless way easier as well-going up a flight of stairs winds me a bit, (I was pretty useless while we were kayaking as well) where before it was nothing. I guess this is due to all the extra blood working its way around and the extra 20 pounds I've gained in my midsection...
#141 of 572 Old 05-02-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:

cough. Sniffle. Oink. Ah-choo!
lol!
#142 of 572 Old 05-03-2009, 05:19 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Catemom JUST adorable! We almost decided on Asher for out little one.. Such a sweet name. Hope you're healing well.

Megame Glad you had a lovely vacation!!

Not much news here... we sorted out the nursery - pics on blog, if you're interested! - and now I'm grading papers. I still have this dreadful cold which is making it difficult to sleep. I wonder if this is just good preparation for what's to come!

How's everyone doing?

Zubee

mama to DS 7/09 and DS 10/12 and married to DH
#143 of 572 Old 05-03-2009, 05:26 PM

Cute Zubee! Love the murals... Also, that tummy tub. Very interesting. I haven't ever heard of them before!

#144 of 572 Old 05-03-2009, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubeldia View Post
Not much news here... we sorted out the nursery - pics on blog, if you're interested! - and now I'm grading papers. I still have this dreadful cold which is making it difficult to sleep. I wonder if this is just good preparation for what's to come!

How's everyone doing?

Zubee
I am doing pretty good.. 2 more months to go for me! It couldn't go by any slower!

I am working on my last couple finals this week (philosophy paper... soooooooo overwhelming, and a presentation on Ayurvedic healing for my yoga class).

We are trying to come up with a middle name for Oliver, and I think we are going to go with Lee, if my dad doesn't veto it- because it is his middle name and he doesn't really like his name, lol.

Zubee- I LOVE the nursery!!! Where did you get those murals? Maybe I can ask for those as baby presents. We REALLY need to organize the boys' room better and make it more functional.

#145 of 572 Old 05-03-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Zubee- I LOVE the nursery!!! Where did you get those murals? Maybe I can ask for those as baby presents. We REALLY need to organize the boys' room better and make it more functional.
I agree! The nursery looks adorable! I would be interested to know -if you wanna share- where you got the murals. Love them!

#146 of 572 Old 05-10-2009, 12:06 PM

Happy Mother's Day mama's!!

I wanted to pop on here and bump us up from page 7!? We must all be keeping pretty busy! I know I am. It seems as if May is just that month of constant. My daughter will be 6 next Saturday! She had a ballet recital last Friday, which of course, entails not only showing up for the recital, but a few hours of dress rehearsal the night before which equals exhaustion! But, anyway... so much going on!

Hope you are all doing fabulous! :

#147 of 572 Old 05-10-2009, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Happy Mother's Day mama's!!

I wanted to pop on here and bump us up from page 7!? We must all be keeping pretty busy! I know I am. It seems as if May is just that month of constant. My daughter will be 6 next Saturday! She had a ballet recital last Friday, which of course, entails not only showing up for the recital, but a few hours of dress rehearsal the night before which equals exhaustion! But, anyway... so much going on!

Hope you are all doing fabulous! :
Thanks for the bump! I kept forgetting!

Sebastian's birthday is next Sat. too. He'll be 2.

#148 of 572 Old 05-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Banned

Thanks for the bump!

I have been working hard to eat good nutritious food which unfortunately means cooking EVERYTHING even snacks. I bought Viva Le Vegan and I really love it. Tons of healthy recipes and not too much soy which is nice.

Unfortunately, my kids have been refusing to eat almost everything I cook : I keep trying to convince myself that they will not die of simple carb and dairy overload...but their diet pains me. What can I do? I can't shove veggies in their faces. I am so creative at the way I cook with them too! I make 'kid friendly' food and everything. I guess I will just keep offering. They'll grow out of this eventually...right? I remember being a picky eater as a kid and refusing to eat my mother's healthy food and now I eat healthier than she does.

Happy Mother's Day everyone!
#149 of 572 Old 05-10-2009, 06:50 PM

Happy mother's day everyone.
Just popping in to say hi. Expecting my little vegan any day now...I'm SO ready! His official due date is on Thursday so...we'll see!!! I have my parents here -all the way from Greece- and I feel so blessed. My mom -although a non-vegan - cooks the best vegan food ever! yay for spanakopita!

Hope you are enjoying your Sunday.

#150 of 572 Old 05-10-2009, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganfox View Post
Happy mother's day everyone.
Just popping in to say hi. Expecting my little vegan any day now...I'm SO ready! His official due date is on Thursday so...we'll see!!! I have my parents here -all the way from Greece- and I feel so blessed. My mom -although a non-vegan - cooks the best vegan food ever! yay for spanakopita!

Hope you are enjoying your Sunday.
Sending you labor vibes!!!

And I'm totally jealous of your Greek mom making spanakopita! YUM!!! I am the cook in our family, usually, so I didn't get a break today. Maybe next year. I made homemade granola for the first time ever, and just pulled a pineapple upside down cake out of the oven. I'm not cooking dinner though, I told DH he was in charge of dinner.

I asked for a compost bin for my mother's day present, so he built me one out of old crates and is now working in the garden getting the tomatoes and peppers in the ground. I tried to help, but my belly is getting big and hard for me to bend over enough to plant.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page