Cool Pregnancy T-shirts - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-12-2009, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, link me to your favorite pregnancy t-shirts. I'm on my third pregnancy and am so cheap about maternity clothes. I get everything second hand and am not fashionable but am presentable and things look nice enough. But, I'm considering a splurge for a cool t-shirt or just a really nice top and need ideas.

What's your favorite online store? Do you have a favorite top you love to wear???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Banned

I love A Pea In The Pod, their clothes are a bit expensive but seem to be better quality than other places. I only buy their t shirts/tanks/yoga pants though. I can't afford most of the other stuff.

Gap maternity is nice as well. A little pricey but not terribly so.

Japanese Weekend has some cute stuff.

Best stuff for the money is probably Old Navy, but you'll have to shop online becuase in store they have pretty much nothing, unless you live in a big city with one of those three story Old Navy stores.

Sometimes you can get lucky at Target. Their clothes are generally great prices and ok quality, but again there isn't much in the actual store.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Banned

links would help I guess...lol

http://www.gap.com/ (that will link you to old navy too)

http://www.apeainthepod.com/ (also links you to motherhood. I shop at one of those combo motherhood/a pea in the pod stores called "destination maternity").

http://www.japaneseweekend.com/
Old 05-12-2009, 04:50 PM

I love Ebay! You can get nice maternity stuff for way cheap! I am pretty cheap too well when it comes to clothes for myself. Old Navey has pretty good prices and nice quality. I lived in old navy with my first ds. Plus their return policy is wat better then Mother hood. There return policy really sucks!

Veronica wife to Arn 1.31.09 Stepmom to Hannah 9.22.99 & Leah 5.14.02 *~Momma to Liam Craig 7.01.03 & ~* Keira Josephine Fjaril 10.30.09*~
Old 05-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamsMommy View Post
I love Ebay! You can get nice maternity stuff for way cheap! I am pretty cheap too well when it comes to clothes for myself. Old Navey has pretty good prices and nice quality. I lived in old navy with my first ds. Plus their return policy is wat better then Mother hood. There return policy really sucks!
Motherhood does have the worst return policy EVER. They will also sign you up for formula samples + disposable diaper samples if you're not careful, and if you take their trial subscription to Parenting, they will actually charge you for like two years worth of that awful magazine. I swear they get kickbacks from formula companies. But their Pea in the Pod line is nice. I don't much care for the Motherhood brand much. And both brands run small, which annoys me.

I just wish Old Navy had more than two singular racks of maternity stuff in their stores.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:11 PM

My favorite (out of two ) plain t-shirt is from Japanese weekend. I got it on clearance and it was really about evenly priced with a normal Old Navy maternity t-shirt.

That said, I also really like the plain ol' black maternity t-shirt I have from Old Navy. In my opinion, their sizes run large-- but I've heard other people say that they think they run small. So if you CAN get into an Old Navy that actually has maternity clothes in it, it might be worth going just to try stuff on.

My favorite "nice" shirt was also on clearance at Japanese Weekend. It's one of their combo maternity/breastfeeding tops, though, and I am pretty sure I'm not going to be able to wear it all the way through pregnancy... it just doesn't stretch that much. It is awfully nice looking, though, and better than other crossover-y BFing tops I've tried on other places. (Really didn't like the ones at Motherhood.)

Motherhood's overpriced for what it is* (IMHO) and their return policy sucks, BUT if you have an actual store near you, they often have good stuff on clearance and their clearance prices are fine.

*I should note that I think more or less ALL maternity clothing is overpriced for what it is.

Mother of two great little guys, G (9/28/09) and W (1/20/12)

Old 05-12-2009, 05:53 PM

I like the look of these but don't own any yet http://www.dillybaby.com/ fwiw I bought larger sized t's from old navy when they had a $5 sale and they seem to be working and are long so I'll probably be able to use these all the way through.

Motherhood sucks IMO I hate that store. Their return policy sucks and when I did make my one purchase there this pg and they asked for the info I told her I didn't want to be signed up for anything, especially formula and guess what I have already received in the mail.....yep formula coupons!!

I have most of my stuff from Old Navy and I have a cute Japanese weekend dress and left over gap from last pg but that is about it.

Have fun shopping!

Warmly,
Erin

Erin : ~~ unschooling mama to DD (12) , DS (11) :, DS (8) and DS (3) , DD Soleil Emily Meadow (9-18-09) born at home in the water
Old 05-12-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
Motherhood does have the worst return policy EVER. They will also sign you up for formula samples + disposable diaper samples if you're not careful, and if you take their trial subscription to Parenting, they will actually charge you for like two years worth of that awful magazine. I swear they get kickbacks from formula companies. But their Pea in the Pod line is nice. I don't much care for the Motherhood brand much. And both brands run small, which annoys me.
Aw, crap! I just bought stuff there.

I can say that yes, they run small. My fat but still fits in my pre-pregnancy clothes, just not my baby-belly... yet at Motherhood I wear a MUCH larger size

Favorite Shirt:
I like funny shirts myself. My favorite one was on Cafe Press and said, "I'm not fat! I'm Pregnant!" and then under this, in much smaller letters "(... and fat)"

The cool thing about Cafe Press is you can make your own shirts- so if you have something to say, or a joke, you can just get it made and not have to look for it.

Blarg, blarg-blargity- BLARG!!!

Old 05-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodNamesGone View Post
Aw, crap! I just bought stuff there.

I can say that yes, they run small. My fat but still fits in my pre-pregnancy clothes, just not my baby-belly... yet at Motherhood I wear a MUCH larger size

Favorite Shirt:
I like funny shirts myself. My favorite one was on Cafe Press and said, "I'm not fat! I'm Pregnant!" and then under this, in much smaller letters "(... and fat)"

The cool thing about Cafe Press is you can make your own shirts- so if you have something to say, or a joke, you can just get it made and not have to look for it.
they are supposed to ask if you want to be on the mailing list, I was able to opt out, hopefully you were too.

for plain t shirts, I like these: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...scid=544169002 they run pretty true to size and look good on, they're nice and long without being a tent dress.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:45 PM

Oooh, I hate Motherhood too. The clothes are so overpriced and cheaply made, all sweatshop stuff. I started getting all the formula coupons in the mail (and disposable diapers, etc., etc.)... and I've been sending them back to the companies with strongly worded notes along the lines of "I don't need your over-advertised bad-for-my-family crap. If you really want to be helpful to new parents, stop sending unsolicited garbage to my house, donate to the La Leche League, and give your products away to families who can't breastfeed their babies."

I'm traveling the world with my kids without ever leaving home and blogging about it -- watch, taste, and share our adventures at TheGlobalStayCation.com!
Old 05-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Banned

Technically speaking, unless you are buying organic homemade clothing, your clothes or their materiel came from some other country. Whether or not it came from a "sweatshop" per se is debatable, but pretty much every major corporation has been involved in a sweatshop scandal at least once. This also goes for children's toys...unless you ONLY buy natural/wooden stuff, that comes from other countries too. It's almost impossible to find fair trade clothing, and if you do, it's not affordable for most people.

Not saying Motherood is great but Gap, inc and the others are really not much better. Also I should note: A Pea In The Pod is their 'high end' line and they are not cheaply made, but the Motherhood brand is.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
they are supposed to ask if you want to be on the mailing list, I was able to opt out, hopefully you were too.

for plain t shirts, I like these: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...scid=544169002 they run pretty true to size and look good on, they're nice and long without being a tent dress.
They DID ask, and DH said yes- likely because I've been getting all kinds of free magazines lately for coupons.

As soon as one gets here, I'll have to cancel it.

Blarg, blarg-blargity- BLARG!!!

Old 05-15-2009, 04:23 PM

Cheshire, if you're still looking, you may want to check out these fun tees: http://www.euphoriamaternity.com/tops-sleeveless.html. I like the organic "Seeded" tees.

Blogger/Quilter + Homeschooling Mama to Aria (9) and Liam (7)
StitchedinColor.com

Old 05-16-2009, 01:33 PM

This one always makes me giggle
http://www.tinyurl.com

I'm going to check into the suggestions made by all of the pp's... I'm running out of clothes to wear FAST! I can't believe I'm nearly 1/2 way "there" already! whoa!

: totally in love , vegan & mountain dwelling mama to my girls ❤ 5.2003 & 10.2009 ❤
Old 05-17-2009, 12:40 AM

this one is my fav, but i don't think i'll ever get it .. maybe if we were having one more .... it's $$$ ...

http://www.daisysanddimples.com/cata...04/6527418.htm

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
Old 05-17-2009, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodNamesGone View Post
I'm sooooooo having shirts made that say "Touch Here And Die" on my belly. BIG. Maybe a whole series that say that, and then in smaller kid's handwriting down below "(I'm Down Here Anyway Idiot)" that moves upward as my uterus grows.

Too much?

:yawning 33yo first-time solo mama to DD born 11/21/09
Old 05-17-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasgrl View Post
I'm sooooooo having shirts made that say "Touch Here And Die" on my belly. BIG. Maybe a whole series that say that, and then in smaller kid's handwriting down below "(I'm Down Here Anyway Idiot)" that moves upward as my uterus grows.
Too much?
Ha!
I'm actually pondering getting a shirt that says:
You may rub my belly for luck!
(But only in exchange for a $50 donation to the kiddo's college fund)

Spiralshell -- Mama to David Nathaniel, born October 2009. And so you see I have come to doubt all that I once held as true. I stand alone without belief, the only truth I know is you.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:55 AM

I think a shirt that says "Coming soon" is pretty cute. And a not as appropriate one that I think is funny, "My fetus can beat up your fetus."'
Old 05-17-2009, 11:33 PM

There were a ton of cute pregancy shirts in Spencers. I could only afford one since I'm broke. I picked one that said "Expecting...To kick your ass if you touch my bump." *giggles madly* Everyone loved it.

~Melissa
I've got a son named Trenton born Sept 15th, 2009 and a daughter named Graelyn born November 27th, 2012. Plus three furbabies, Thomas the cat, Chester the rabbit, and Henry the dog.

User Tag List