Jan/Feb Mamas (Jan 18-31) In the thick of it! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 176 Old 01-18-2004, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Previous thread link here

Did we have any graduates while MDC was down? Stories? Updates to share?

Current graduates:

Megs Mom: Twins Boy/Girl Patrick and Catherine born Christmas Eve!
Milkfacemama: Twin Girls! Sadie and Ella born on Jan. 5!
carrots: Boy! Elias Aaron on Jan 8th; homebirth
Mothra: Girl! Vivian Kate on Jan 10th; 4 hour labor!
MomInFlux: Girl! Audrey on Jan 15th; UC at home
Jen PN: Girl! Camilla Frances on Jan 15th; homebirth
Mothernature: Boy! Xander Scott on Jan 16th; UC, waterbirth
Imonion2: Boy! Dominic Walter on Jan 19th; 3 hour labor!
saintmom: Girl! Joy Rose on Jan 22nd; "rebozo" birth
jess7396: Boy! Sean on Jan 23rd; C-sxn birth
EmmaJean: Girl! on Jan 24th; homebirth, 3½ hr labor!
2much2luv: Girl! Eden Elizabeth on Jan 26th; UC homebirth
USAmma: Girl! on Jan 27th

January EDDs:

its_our_family: imminent labor (come out, baby!) or C-sxn on 1/29

MamaOui: Expecting Elsa Shea in Jan. '04

February EDDs:

chie96: 2/2/04

SBFmommy/Devrock: edd 2/2/04 with Rebecca Anne or Alexander Philip

Karry: 2/04

ChasingPeace: EDD is 2/6/04.

DarkHorseMama: 2/8/04 Gender surprise!

mom2anna: I am due 2/8, sex of baby unknown but I think it is a boy

milkymama: 36½ weeks with lots of contrax!

Mountainmommy: baby Rhiannon due Feb 2004

Joannect: EDD 2/13

pollyanna: EDD 2/14

tanjarine: mama to Raven 11, Jakob 4, Benjamin 2, and due February 16~

Alstrameria: due February 20 (that's what I say)...taking a month off work to not relax with my sunny toddler

PM me for changes, please!

An Official, Approved Signatureâ¢
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 176 Old 01-18-2004, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

My update that was posted on the temporary Yahoo group:

Still hanging in here. Had a midwife appt Thrusday (15th), and after all the stress and irritation of last week with the u/s of a ~7lb, 11oz baby and all the extra amniotic fluid, my fundal height measurement today was right on target.

Midwife estimated the fetal weight to be just under 7 lbs (by external palpation). She recommended that I start EPO daily to get ready. My glucose screen came back as normal (knew that!) but she said that she's glad that they have it on record as such now. So, things have swung back to the normal cycle of hurry up and wait. =)

She also told me today that one of the midwives in the practice was born and raised on The Farm, which is about an hour south of us in Nashville, and also that one of the physicians that "oversees" the midwifery practice at Vanderbilt (where I am going) was the lead author on the published study for the Gaskin Manuever with Ina May. My midwife said they have used the GM to great success in both the Vanderbilt midwifery program and the "normal" Vanderbilt OB deliveries when dystocia has been involved. Good stuff to know!

Nothing to update from over the weekend. Nice and quiet here with a few strong contractions to "remind" me that I'm still pregnant.

An Official, Approved Signatureâ¢
#3 of 176 Old 01-18-2004, 05:41 PM

Yeah!!! Welcome back. I can't wait to hear how everyone is doing. I am hanging in at 361/2 weeks. Lots of contractions in the evening but no real action. Midwives are coming Tuesday for our homevisit. I think we are pretty much all ready for our home birth. The list of things was exhausting: Vivi kleenex paper towel, plastic bowl for the placenta etc..... Finally finished washing and sorting baby clothes. Also, starting to have trouble sleeping!
#4 of 176 Old 01-18-2004, 06:24 PM

What! Temporary yahoo group? I've been going through withdrawal! Please, more updates.

I am so looking forward to birthing this babe!

Jen
#5 of 176 Old 01-18-2004, 06:30 PM

Hey gals!!

We're back online!! YAY!!

I had my shower today. it was very nice! Lots of sleepers and such. No outfits because no one trusts my intuition with this baby being a boy.

Not much else to report. Same old stuff. Lots of contrax, more plug...

I have an appt on wednesday. I'm hoping I made some progress...

gotta run!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#6 of 176 Old 01-18-2004, 06:50 PM

Aaahhhh.... What a relief! Thanks for the update, Doni. Alstrameria, I set up a little yahoo group at the last minute before the boards went down. You can check out our previous thread for the address. I'll probably close it in a few days.

I'm fine. Officially skipped church today b/c I didn't want to see shocked looks that I'm *still* pregnant. Wed. was my due date, but who knows. On Thursday I was at a meeting w/ friends, and one was all worried about me driving myself home, like I'd start labor and not be able to go home. Kind of cute, really. I just have to smile!

It's weird b/c I'm totally fine during the day, don't even think about it much, but at night, I get a bit depressed that another day went by w/o my baby coming. But I could use mroe time to finish up some projects, like putting all the pictures in albums from the past two years! I've been organizing them today, and that is mentally exhausting. The other project is redoing the bumper thing on our cradle. We'll see if that actually happens!

IOF, your shower sounds so nice! I guess you haven't told anyone but us that it's more than just *intuition* about the baby's gender!

Milky, congrats on the birth kit! Ours was pretty easy b/c it's set up with inhishands.com But still getting all the little things from around the house together is time-consuming. It seems I keep adding to it. But it's really fun, and a great way to prepare and nest.

Ok, better go back to my pics. I just woke up from a nap, and my brain is a bit foggy.... I was hesitant to post, but couldn't resist.

Oh, I missed my smilies!
#7 of 176 Old 01-18-2004, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey ladies, so sad that I missed the yahoo group, I really missed you guys

I thought this babe was coming early, but the head is just engaged and the way my crazy pelvis is- it gets VERY painful when the head gets down there, this OB examined me for the first time and said the same thing every other OB or midwife has ever said when she put her finger in- "Well, this IS interesting", it was all on my chart from my previous OB, but they always act like they've never seen something quite like me:

Anywho- only 5 days now for me, and I am ready, I finally feel BIG, not uncomfortable just know that this babe is big enough to come out and nurse well (with a little prayer here and there )

Someone must've had a baby while we were off, now I just want to know who?!

My kids are getting crazy excited, and so are dh and I (although I seem to be the only with remembering how little sleep we will be getting soon).

MegsMom and Milkfacemama- how are those babies nursing?

:Patty :fireman Catholic, intactalactivist, co-sleeping, GDing, HSing, no-vax Mama to .........................:..........hale:
#8 of 176 Old 01-18-2004, 07:24 PM

I've been so out of it, I didn't even know the boards were going down! Glad to be back and "hear" from everyone

We're doing great - my girls are nursing well and getting bigger - Sadie is up to 5lbs6oz (birth weight 5lbs) and Ella is up to 6lbs11oz (birth weight 6lbs4oz), not sure what their lowest weights were but we're pretty pleased with the way they're growing

I'm tired but not ridiculously so, going to cross my fingers that that keeps up. DD #1 is doing quite well. She still won't leave the house without me though!

We broke down and bought a minivan this week - couldn't fit all 3 carseats in either of our cars : I'm excited to have it

Can't wait to hear if anyone has given birth this week!
#9 of 176 Old 01-18-2004, 07:28 PM

Jess!! I've been on the edge of my seat wondergin about you! It was killing me not to know! So, how come you can't have a vaginal birth but your baby will engage but I CAN have a vaginal birth and mine won't???

#10 of 176 Old 01-18-2004, 08:49 PM

Location: the beautiful mountains of sunny Southern California
Me, me, me! Woke up Thursday AM with bloody show and thought "this could be the day". I pampered myself a little bit - took a long shower and shaved my legs (just in case, ya know), put on makeup, did my hair. I figured if labor was on the horizon, a walk couldn't hurt, so I went for my first ever walk around the neighborhood (big hills) with DH and DS. Anyway... contractions were regular enough that I started thinking that I should be timing them around 12:45. They were 5-6 minutes apart, lasting 30-45 seconds. I thought "no, that can't be true". So I decided to walk around the house and see if they changed any. They did. Around 1:45, contractions were coming regularly every 3 minutes lasting around 60 seconds. I still thought, "nah, can't be". Talk about labor denial! Around 2:30, had DH call the midwife. Couldn't reach her. Rapidly went into transition, which lasted only about 15 minutes (maybe), except I didn't recognize it as transition. DH tried to help me upstairs to the tub. I made it up 2 stairs when 2 things happened at once - the midwife called back and my water broke. Midwife wanted to talk to me - I screamed for the first and only time of labor and yelled that my water had broken and that I needed to push. Once I got to pushing stage, things were good - I was able to make it up the remainder of the stairs and into the bathroom. DH had put down a big waterpoof sheet - thank goodness! First pushing contraction - I knew things were serious; second pushing contraction - crowning; third pushing contraction - birthed DD's head; fourth pushing contraction - delivered her body. I had a mirror, so I could see everything. Baby Audrey was here by 3:00. It was the most amazing experience of my life - I birthed my daughter right into my and DH's hands. DH and I sat on the bathroom floor for the next hour and beamed at each other and our beautiful daughter. Then the midwife arrived and helped me deliver the placenta. Then she cleaned me and baby and the house up - so cool. I'm a permanent advocate of homebirth forever and ever. In case you're curious, No, I'm not the least bit upset the midwife didn't make it. I suspect I was subconsciously willing a fast labor that she couldn't attend, because I wanted it to be just me and DH. It really couldn't have been more perfect.

Baby Audrey is snuggled happily right now in her KangarooKorner.com Adjustable Fleece Pouch (love this thing - I went into town yesterday and got about a thousand comments on it). I feel great. I tore along my old episiotomy scar and needed to be stitched up, but it doesn't hurt, and I'm almost done bleeding. Wow.

Am I the only one? I'm thinking about those of you whose turn is yet to come and sending positive labor vibes.

Peace,
#11 of 176 Old 01-18-2004, 08:58 PM

It's a boy! I'll post details later. For now, B-day-1-16-04 @ 5:30 PM. UC, waterbirth. Mom & baby doing great.
#12 of 176 Old 01-18-2004, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alstrameria
What! Temporary yahoo group? I've been going through withdrawal! Please, more updates.
Ditto! I can't wait to read further to see if anyone else has delivered. I'll post an update soon!

Edited to say - I see two of us did! to MomInFlux and Mothernature on the births of your precious babies! MIF your story was so awesome - ty for sharing it with us all. Mothernature - I can't wait to read your DS's birth story!

I guess I'll go ahead with my update: I will be 38 weeks tomorrow. Baby dropped last weekend and is so low right now that most any position is uncomfortable. I vaguely remember being miserable at the end of my last pg but for some reason forgot just how much ! I am having an awful time with sleep. First of all I find it hard to even get tired before 12:30 AM most nights. Then I am up at least once an hour to pee and then DD is up by 6:30. Usually, however, one of the times I wake to use the bathroom I can't fall back asleep and am tossing and turning - my mind going 10,000 mi./min. - for an hour or two. It never did make sense to me why, just when I really need sleep the most my body won't let me!

On another front, my ctrx have certainly intensified! I have had major b/h most of the day for several days now (they started getting more intense about 3w ago) . I have been awakened at night several times and actually have to breathe through some! It's exciting knowing that my body is preparing for labor, but having been through this before (10 days of prodomal labor with DD) I know enough not to think that every strong b/h is the start of true labor!

I do have a question that I hope someone can help me with: DD was posterior. I, of course, had no idea and didn't even know what posterior vs anterior was at the time. Anyhow I always felt her back way to my right and lots of hands and feet up front. My belly button also never popped (which I recently read is a sign of a possible posterior lie). This time, I swear I feel the baby diagonally! I feel her back going from my right down to my left and feel small body parts on the upper right and lower left. Does anyone have a clue in what position she might be? My belly button has popped out a tiny bit this time. I am so scared of another malpositioned baby and another c/s. My OB hasn't been much help in telling me her position, either. Last visit he remarked (almost to himself) that she was "head-down" and when I asked, "Oh, she's head-down?" he said, "Well, yea - I think that's what I am feeling." THINK? Either she is or isn't!

Ok - and another question (from the one who says she is in no hurry to have this baby but seems to constantly be looking for "signs" that labor is fast approaching ) I believe with DD I tried to go into labor 5 days b/f my EDD. She was malpositioned and so I believe that is what started my whole 10-day long prodomal labor episode. Finally my water broke and I never even had regular ctrx after that! Long story... Anyhow, I have now convinced myself that had she been positioned correctly I would've gone almost a week early...and now am trying to further convince myself that I will go a week or so early with DD#2 (meaning in the next week or so). Anyone buying? LOL!

OK - I'd better go! All this thinking is tiring me out! 'Looking forward to reading the other updates!!!
#13 of 176 Old 01-18-2004, 09:09 PM

MomInFlux and Mothernature Woo- Hoo! How exciting! I loved your birth story MIF- that would be my dream birth. I am so excited about all the babies. I hope everyone posts pics soon. My dh absolutely refuses to gofor putting our kids pics up online , and although I want you guys to see Sean when he comes, I have to go along with dh on this, as he feels very strongly about it

IOF- Well, the head is "engaged" in the very top of the pelvic opening, but then my pelvis is like smooshed together (can't explain it well) but my pelvis is abnormal due to whatever caused my scoliosis as well, and it makes everything kind of screwy down there, TMI alert- it also makes my vagina take a 90 degree curve, which makes intercourse very painful, and if not positioned just right dh will hit my pelvis- it really is all screwed up down there- so babe's not going anywhere beyond where he is now., until they cut him out .

As for you- just you wait- your babe will engage (maybe he'll be one who engages the day of labor) and all will be well. You know very well that letting him take the lead and not letting Dr.s induce etc. will make for the best case scenario- so I know it sucks, but keep waiting, I really have a good feeling that you WILL VBAC- I don't usually get "feelings" about other people's births, but I have that feeling for you- now you just get that "feeling" too, OK?

Yee Ha! Any more babies out there?

:Patty :fireman Catholic, intactalactivist, co-sleeping, GDing, HSing, no-vax Mama to .........................:..........hale:
#14 of 176 Old 01-18-2004, 09:45 PM

MIF and Mothernature - yay!! Congratulations! I'm so happy to have 2 new little babies join our group MIF - love the birth story, sounds wonderful and awesome! Mothernature - can't wait to hear your details!
#15 of 176 Old 01-18-2004, 10:49 PM

Congratulations to our new mamas!!

Thats so amazing!! I am so envious of your unnassisted births, something I dream of for myself but I am a little scared since my last birth of having another big baby. Im having an U/S on the 27 of january when i will be 37 weeks to check for the baby's weight and make sure the placenta is in the right place.
Im feeling huge now like i could burst and my b/h are strong and intense. I am not 'allowed' to have a homebirth untill i pass the 37 week mark so im hoping it will happen for me in the last week of january.. i dont want to have the same situation happen over again@!
I think having a new baby around is going to be especially hard on my two year old because he is so dependant on me at night still. He wont not sleep on my arm and if I dare roll over he wakes up and gets out of bed!
Well belly rubs to all the mamas out there!!
xo
Tanja
#16 of 176 Old 01-18-2004, 11:34 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Happy birthday to the new babies!!! I knew we'd have some births while MDC was down! :-)

I'm still hanging in here, 37 weeks tomorrow. Never thought I'd make it this far. More pre-labor for me, every couple of days. The only thing getting me through it is knowing that it will eventually lead to the big day.

Darshani

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#17 of 176 Old 01-19-2004, 01:26 AM

I just caught up with you guys. I haven't read this thread since the 12th! I didn't have any advance warning about MDC shutting down and I didn't know about the Yahoo group -- I wish I had known! I went through such MDC withdrawal, and I was going the most crazy wondering about you guys on this thread. I just now got back to the old thread and found the Yahoo group and read all the posts.

Congratulations MomInFlux and Mothernature! MomInFlux, your daughter was born on my daughter's birthday!

I had some pretty intense contractions on Tuesday -- actually had to vocalize through them. There were several, only a few minutes apart. I really started to panic. I didn't want to be that early! (I was barely 37 weeks.) My dp felt my abdomen and said it felt like the baby had gotten itself into a strange position -- all bunched up on one side. It was sticking out in this huge distended bulge on one side. My dp suggested I get on my hands and knees, which I did, and the contractions stopped. Then he felt my abdomen again and it felt like the baby was back in its normal position. I was relieved! I've felt perfectly normal ever since.

My mother has been hanging around lately. (She was present at my last birth and she will be at this one, too.) She always gets on my nerves a little, but she said something that really irritated me. She asked me if I would allow her sister, my aunt, to be present for the birth, and I said I'd rather not, and she said, "So she's going to get left out again?" I immediately said that the phrase "left out" implies that she's somehow entitled to witness this intimate event. Then my mother said, "well, she was very hurt last time," and I was further irritated, so I told her that it's a stretch for me even to allow my own mother to be present and that ideally it would just be me and my partner and my child.

I had an appointment with the midwives on Friday and I told them about the contractions. They didn't seem to think it was anything unusual.

So glad to be back! What bad timing for MDC to shut down!

Hugs to everyone--

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

#18 of 176 Old 01-19-2004, 07:17 AM

Hi everybody!No baby yet.Thought I was gonna go last night but contrax stopped after a couple of hours.Baby is in a frank breech,trying like the dickens to get him to shift.The position probably explains the prodromanal labor.Oh well.It's 4 in the morning I can't sleep.Having enough contrax to keep me awake but not not enough to get the baby out.I think I'll be prenant FOREVER!!!!!!!!!
#19 of 176 Old 01-19-2004, 11:48 AM

Congratulations to all the new moms.
I started childbirth classes a couple of weeks ago with a very nice midwife in the area. I'm 36wks now and I'm having a lot of bh but hoping Daniel will get here soon.

Pollyanna
#20 of 176 Old 01-19-2004, 12:33 PM

I'm still here. Congrats to the new mommas!! I knew we had to be having some babies sometime!

My dh kept telling me last night that today was the day. We'll see. It is still early but I've been continually "tight" all day. I woke several times last night to pee (I don't normally do this) but mainly I felt like I had wet myself! I have an enormous amount of clear slimy cm. I have no idea where it is all coming from but it is so gross feeling!

My friend had her c/b this morning at 7:30. I haven't heard how it went yet but I'm visiting her tonight. It also gives us a chance to find the hospital since we have no idea where it is!

#21 of 176 Old 01-19-2004, 12:51 PM

IOF- I just took the time to read through the yahoo posts, which I am so sad that I missed out on , and I wanted to thank you for thinking of me, it was sweet how you kept asking if anyone knew what was up with me

I had an u/s today to check everything out, I was measuring a little behind and so I agreed to go for it. My other 2 children were big kids, esp. big heads, both measured at 41-42 weeks when I was 38-39 weeks, this one though- his head is measuring almost 2 weeks behind, and his stomach is about a week behind, the femur is a week ahead (they're all going to be tall like daddy: ), anywho- the tech said it is all in the range of normal and estimated the weight at 7 pounds 9 ounces. I am thinking of asking the OB if we can wait another week (so I'll be 40 weeks) for the C-birth, as I just don't like that his head is small, maybe that is stupid, I know U/S can be off, but, well, I just like BIG babies.

Also, the baby's head is no longer engaged The same happened with ds, with him they assumed it was b/c as his head grew it became too big for the opening- but this babe's head is small, so : , whatever!

U/S does so often cause more worries, I know it can be very valuable, but now I'm wishing I hadn't gone for it today

IOF- I think I speak for everyone here when I say- what a ride! Your body sure does know how to keep you guessing doesn't it? I hear what you are saying about not wanting to call your OB when you have contractions, I have so many and sometimes hard and regular (not as much as you though)- but I never call, and they always go away, and nothing ever seems to come from them.

Well, off I go, can't wait to hear about more babies.

#22 of 176 Old 01-19-2004, 02:55 PM

Dh and I have been talking lately about scheduling a repeat for next monday (if the ob I like can do it) Then all of this will be over. It isn't that I don't trust my body but I feellike this is just stressing me out! I really don't think about it all that often but wen I do there is a lot to think about.

At my appt this week I'll talk about that and about the possibility that I may be leaking fluid. It is supposed to be more when laying down right? (leaking that is?) I haven't noticed much during the day but at night I soak my clothes and sometimes the sheets! I don't know if it is just lots of cm or more than that. I also feel my belly changing shape. It seems I have a lot of loose belly at the bottom where I didn't a week ago.

If I were leaking wouldn't it be obvious even during the day?

#23 of 176 Old 01-19-2004, 03:14 PM

IOF, you can have your OB check to see if you are leaking. I know that you are taking evening primrose vaginally and so am I. My underwear are soaked in the morning and I continue to "leak" EPO during the morning hours. I change my underwear a few times a day. You probably sweat a bit more than you realize in that area and leak a bit of urine without realizing it. This is the case with me and it was during my second pregnancy as well.
#24 of 176 Old 01-19-2004, 03:25 PM

Actually I only did EPO vaginally 2x about 2 weeks ago. It was too messy

I'm thinking it is just a lot of cm....

#25 of 176 Old 01-19-2004, 03:41 PM

IOF- I have been having lots and lots of clear cervical fluid as well, I hate how messy it makes me feel, I have actually been showering 2 times a day , cause I feel so gross all the time.

#26 of 176 Old 01-19-2004, 04:25 PM

I can't believe those two babies were born!!! AWESOME!!! Thanks so much for sharing your story, MIF. I love the title "Fast and Furious"! And that you were in labor denial :LOL ! So funny. I'm afraid that'll happen with me too. But to have the birth you truly wanted and for it to work out so perfectly. Amazing. Where was your ds? Maybe you mentioned already... Oh, and I'm getting a fleece pouch too, and I can't wait to get it! I'm glad to hear you love yours.

Mothernature, yours sounds awesome too! Especially the waterbirth part. I really hope mine works out that way too. Was your therapist friend able to make it? I can't remember what she does--reiki?? anyway, I hope you're enjoying your sweet baby boy!

Happy Babymoon, mamas!! We're looking forward to seeing those pics--no pressure!

saintmom, that is interesting about your baby being breech. Well, there's always time to turn! Are you getting your ribs kicked more now?? My baby has been punching my bladder and butt this entire preg, I thought she was breech for a while. But she's stayed in the same position for several months now, back on my right side, head down, etc. But since she keeps punching my bladder, I know her hands are by her face or above her head or something, and I'm concerned about a hand or two presenting with the head at birth. I guess you can't do anything about that anyway!

And to the mama with the transverse baby (I'm sorry, I can't remember who), that's interesting your ob didn't seem too sure of himself or like it was a big deal. Maybe docs rely on u/s more than mw and don't have the palpating skills mw's have. Kind of interesting. You might want to check out www.spinningbabies.com for some info. Not sure if they talk about transverse lie, but good basic info on what you can do to help positioning.

And about the head being engaged or not (to other mamas), my mw said that with subsequent preg, the opening is more relaxed, so before labor, the head can float in and out of the opening. You don't usually get the same type of "drop" that you do with a first baby. Maybe that's what's going on with you jess.

IOF--Ick on the fluid issue! So sorry you have to put up with that! If it were amnio. fluid, it might be that the outer layer of the sac (there's two layers and they can "break" independantly--just learned that!--the amnion and chorion, I think). The outer layer may have a small nic or tear that when you are upright, the baby's weight and everything else seals off your cervix from leaking, and when you lie down, that small amt of fluid leaks out b/c the pressure isn't there anymore. Your ob can do a simple test to see what if it is amnio fluid (I'm sure you knew that already).

Alice, I'm sorry about your mom giving you a guilt trip. I hope it doesn't affect your birth. Actually, I hope you're able to work it out before the birth so you don't have those residual weird feelings hanging around. I don't know why people think they are entitled to be at births. I don't think I could deal with my mom's energy at my birth. My dh is all I want. Well, and I love my mw's and I know they'll be great to have around. I hope the situation resolves soon. How's dp's job search going? Won't even ask about unemployment checks! It'll all work out soon.

Tanja, I hope you make it to 37 wks too! What happened the first time, that you don't want to repeat?

Well, I had ONE exciting ctx today! That's all. Another perfect weekend to birth has come and gone. I'm wondering what God has up His sleeve.... I just pray I don't have to deal with going past 2 wks. That would be stressful, since I don't want to induce, naturally or otherwise. The only thing I want to do is "it":LOL but I'm not getting any cooperation from dh. : He doesn't believe it can really help. Anyone have info on that I can spout off to him??

Later, ladies. Hope you all enjoy your MLK day.
#27 of 176 Old 01-19-2004, 05:31 PM

My MIL is buying me a fleece pouch!! I emailed her and asked if she would since I didn't know what they were going to buy, if anything, for the baby. And she was more than happy to get it for me!

My mom is also making me a maya wrap.

I've never used a sling but I'm excited to try!

#28 of 176 Old 01-19-2004, 06:29 PM

Oh, I can't wait to try out my fleece pouch this weekend with the little one I hope he likes it, b/c I do, I've carried dd's doll around in it a few times

Alice- I am sorry too that you are getting guilted by your mom about your Aunt attending the birth, that would make me really mad. I mentioned before that my IL's are coming this time, and I truly wish they were not, esp that they would not come PRIOR to the surgery, I just don't need to see them, I will be worked up enough that morning, and I don't get that anyway- I can understand my mom wanting to be there prior to the surgery (and I'm glad she will be), but I am not their child, why do they need to see me: , that does not seem very nice of me, now does it? Be nice Patty, be nice........

MegsMom- how is your recovery going? I keep hearing about people who recover so well/quickly, in the past I have needed pain meds for at least 2 weeks, I wish I could recover as quickly as some do. And- no pressure , but I am anxiously awaiting your birth story, maybe in the c-birth support forum?

#29 of 176 Old 01-19-2004, 07:35 PM

Just a gig ole waaaaaaaaaa because dh HAS to work tomorrow and will miss the homevisit by the midwives!!!!!!
#30 of 176 Old 01-19-2004, 10:00 PM

Oh, milky, that stinks. Has he been able to be involved with prenatals and stuff so they are at least familiar with each other? My dh knows my mw well b/c it's our second time around with her. But if it were the first, I don't think he would. He went to several prenatals at the beginning and one birth class out of 8. I feel like he's been really disconnected from this birth. Oh well. Just saying that I understand your disappointment. It might turn out to be a good thing for you. Being on your own turf and alone, you might feel more comfortable bringing up questions that you might hesitate to ask at her office. That happened with me this time, and it was really really nice.

Good luck!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page