Has anyone gotten pregnant while using coconut oil as lubricant? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 05-26-2009, 05:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I’ve been discovering the wonders of coconut oil for a couple of months now and most recently what an awesome lube it makes! Since we’re TTC and baby dancing lots I’ve been getting a little sore and dry, and wow, the coconut oil makes such a huge difference. I haven’t used it during my fertile time yet because I haven’t been able to find a solid answer on whether or not it kills sperm. So that’s why I’m asking here, since you all are already pregnant

PS- I've read about preseed but I'd prefer not to try it as I have a tendency towards bacterial infections and don't really want to risk that right now, as I just cleared up BV a couple months ago.

Liz om.gif Lovin' DH partners.gif DS (12) coolshine.gif and forever missing DD angel3.gif (12/02/07) ribbonpb.gif
From the withered tree, a flower blooms~ He's here!!! So crazy in love with my  rainbow1284.gif  boy!!! 12/14/11 luxlove.gif fly-by-nursing1.gif

#2 of 11 Old 05-26-2009, 09:59 AM

Yes, I got pregnant using it. I haven't heard if it kills sperm or not, but we use LOTS of it and got pregnant on our first "try" (first time we broke the FAM rules...).
#3 of 11 Old 05-26-2009, 10:15 AM

Yep.
#4 of 11 Old 05-26-2009, 01:55 PM

yep, got preg on accident even. used it the day we got preg. i noticed it cuts down on yeasties for me even. have lots less problems with it.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#5 of 11 Old 05-26-2009, 05:04 PM
kjs

It would not be a reliable form of birth control, that much is for sure, even if there may be some constituents that could deter sperm, using it as birth control would probably mean that you would get pregnant.
#6 of 11 Old 05-26-2009, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
yep, got preg on accident even. used it the day we got preg. i noticed it cuts down on yeasties for me even. have lots less problems with it.
Yeah, I used it for ONE night when I noticed the yeastie beasties and it was 100% cleared up the next morning. Love this stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs View Post
It would not be a reliable form of birth control, that much is for sure, even if there may be some constituents that could deter sperm, using it as birth control would probably mean that you would get pregnant.
Then maybe I will start using it as birth control But really, I don't think I'd ever use any of the stuff that is supposed to kill sperm (most lubes, etc) as birth control. When you want to kill off the sperm, nothing works well enough, but TTC, I don't want to use anything that's going to kill any off

Liz om.gif Lovin' DH partners.gif DS (12) coolshine.gif and forever missing DD angel3.gif (12/02/07) ribbonpb.gif
From the withered tree, a flower blooms~ He's here!!! So crazy in love with my  rainbow1284.gif  boy!!! 12/14/11 luxlove.gif fly-by-nursing1.gif

#7 of 11 Old 05-26-2009, 07:35 PM

Yes. In fact I think it's why I got pg. We tried for 5 years and nothing...switched to CO and bam

So no, definitely not a form of bc...
#8 of 11 Old 05-26-2009, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siennaflower View Post
Yes. In fact I think it's why I got pg. We tried for 5 years and nothing...switched to CO and bam
Wow, that's pretty amazing!

I think I will try to use it this month when I need it, seems it probably doesn't hurt!

#9 of 11 Old 05-26-2009, 10:33 PM
rrs

Yep.

Rebecca, mama to Carter Elliot , 06 November 07, Holden Oliver, 10 November 09, and Harper Lucinda Amelie, 26 September 11 and someone new, coming at the end of September 2013.

#10 of 11 Old 05-27-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermillion View Post
Yeah, I used it for ONE night when I noticed the yeastie beasties and it was 100% cleared up the next morning. Love this stuff!
i wear a pessary and i use it to put it back in. havent had a yeast issue since. and if i do get a little itchy i just use it as a lotion down there. clears it right up. why? i dont know. but it works great.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#11 of 11 Old 05-28-2009, 09:14 PM

Yes!

For yeast infections, I find it easy to freeze a chunk and that way you can insert if far up without getting messy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page