Homeopathic Remedy - Sore Throat - Safe? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-03-2009, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Have had a bad viral sore throat (plus post-nasal drip and eye goop) for almost two weeks. Saw a remedy from Boiron today called Roxalia sore throat that looked promising.

Ingredients are: Arnica Montana 3c, Arum Triphyllum 3c, Belladonna 3c, (1.3 x10-10 alkaloids), Bromium3c, Bryonia Alba 3c, Mercurius Solubilis 3c, Pulsatilla 3c, Phytolacca Decandra 3c, Spongia Tosta 3c

Would this be safe to use? I'm 39.5 weeks pregnant - due any day! If not can/should I just take Pulsatilla, which is also supposed to be good for colds?

Happy mama to DD (8-11-05) and DS (6-5-09) and married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2009, 11:17 PM

It's my experience that all homeopathics are safe during pg (I also give them to my children). The amounts of the ingredients are small enough that there are no toxicity concerns, and as they act by influencing your life force, it will either work or not.

I generally prefer single remedies but if I were suffering with a sore throat I would definitely give it a try. But actually I would use the pulsatilla first if the post nasal drip (or if you've got anything coming out of your nose) is more yellowish--than clear. For clear I would use a different remedy.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:08 AM - Thread Starter

Not coughing anything up but most of what comes out of my nose is clear, although pretty yellowish early in the morning. And the goop in my eyes had been some clear, some yellowish. Maybe give Pulsatilla 30c a try to start - using the dose on the label - which says 5 pellets 3xday?

Happy mama to DD (8-11-05) and DS (6-5-09) and married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01.

User Tag List