Recommend a Pregnancy Week by Week Web Site or E-newsletter - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-04-2009, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can someone recommend a good pregnancy week by week web site or newsletter? There are so many out there.

Now, I understand the difference between gestational age and fetal age, but, I have a dumb counting question. I know my conception date was 3 weeks ago yesterday, so I should read about development for week 4 fetal age or week 6 gestational age, right? Because with these week-by-week guides you're basically reading ahead for what will happen in the duration of that week, right? Week four is not when four weeks have passed but when three weeks have fully passed and you're entering the fourth week?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2009, 02:04 PM

I get mine from Baby Zone. Gestational age is what you are looking at with those, but they determine that for you when you sign up by your conception date or due date.

How I wish that Mothering had that.

*hint*hint*
Old 06-04-2009, 02:05 PM

I use babycenter.com for that. I like that it compares your baby size/weight to fruits and veggies, lol.

Partnered mama with DD (01/04) and DD (08/09) and 8 critters, including a !
Old 06-04-2009, 02:27 PM

I liked this one, which has a pregnancy calculator too: http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/Pregnan.../pregnancy.php

...and this one, which is very detailed: http://www.ehd.org/prenatal-images-index.php Check out the Movie Theater on this one also.

Hope this helps!

Mother of two boys and a stork-boy.gif on the way!

Old 06-04-2009, 02:58 PM

Another vote for babycenter.com. I love the weekly emails they send and they compare baby size/weight to fruit/veggies. . .: Lol

Oh and they tell you when baby starts to pee in utero which DH found to be the best info they sent that week..Lol Men!
Old 06-04-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGift View Post
I liked this one, which has a pregnancy calculator too: http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/Pregnan.../pregnancy.php

...and this one, which is very detailed: http://www.ehd.org/prenatal-images-index.php Check out the Movie Theater on this one also.

Those are terrrific! I realy love the short Movie Theater films - makes my 10wk baby so much more real to me right now

treehugger.gifdh + geek.gifme + biggrinbounce.gifdd 9/06 + rainbow1284.gifbabyf.gifdd 5/13
Old 06-04-2009, 03:31 PM

The AMA has a free weekly email that is pretty nice: http://www.americanpregnancy.org/weekbyweek/

Happily married mom to DS (Aug 09) and two furry troublemakers.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
Another vote for babycenter.com. I love the weekly emails they send and they compare baby size/weight to fruit/veggies. . .: Lol

Oh and they tell you when baby starts to pee in utero which DH found to be the best info they sent that week..Lol Men!

:

Liz ~wife to an amazing man~mama to 2 beautiful sons~trodding through babylon~ loving JAH~rainbow1284.gif

Old 06-04-2009, 07:00 PM

The new MDC pregnancy section has a place to sign up for a weekly newsletter...but it doesn't seem to be working for me. Maybe a new website glitch. I was excited to see this is something they are adding though! :

Mama to a beautiful baby girl born 01/21/2010
Old 06-04-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raene View Post
I use babycenter.com for that. I like that it compares your baby size/weight to fruits and veggies, lol.
I also use babycenter.com. My favorite thing is that fruits/veggies thing! For a while we called the baby whatever fruit/veggie it was. "How is Blueberry doing today?" or "I just felt Ear of Corn kick!!"

Happy mama to two homebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg DD's
Old 06-04-2009, 11:10 PM

I like this one. It's pretty funny, has a 3D baby you can play with and it compares your baby's size to stuff like Eva Longoria's engagement ring, a can of Red Bull, etc. I also look at babycenter.com and i-am-pregnant.com.

Vegan mama in love with her brand new , born 10/26/09 .
Old 06-05-2009, 12:13 AM

Another vote for babycenter.com here. Is it just me, or does anyone else get hungry reading them? I've been eating tomatoes all week and I blame them for telling me my baby is the size of an heirloom tomato ... not that I want to eat my baby, promise!

Becca, mommy to my little pumpkin DS (10/09)
Old 06-05-2009, 01:02 PM

I like Gerber's Start Healthy Stay Healthy site - you can sign up to receive emails and newsletters that are personalized for your baby's development. They also have a lot of neat tools like the Pregnancy Weight Tracker and Daddy Checklist. I think it's really helpful!

It's just good music if you can feel it in your soul. - Tim McGraw
Old 06-05-2009, 01:46 PM

I get a few

Babycenter is my favorite, but I also get emails from babygaga.com as well as whattoexpect.com

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

User Tag List