Heartburn Help - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-16-2014, 12:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am currently 39 weeks pregnant and I cannot go a single night without dealing with heartburn. The heartburn started for me around 32-34 weeks and it just seemed to get worse as time went on. It has gotten go bad that I'll chew about 4-6 tums a night (I know, sounds terrible). I use the peppermint extra strength because I was told that the peppermint seemed to help do the trick. I have tried teas, milk, certain fruits, laying on my left side, and nothing seems to be helping it.

I am hoping that after I deliver that the heartburn goes away, but right now, it's unbearable.

Any suggestions would be great!

Just a reminder, I live in a tiny town and I don't have access to many things a lot of women say work. I'm limited to what you can find in a little supermarket!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2014, 07:49 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

I always get terrible heartburn throughout pregnancy and have never been able to identify specific food culprits. Here's what helps me:

- big glass of milk by the bed, I take a few gulps every time heartburn wakes me up. settles me only briefly, but long enough to back to sleep

- digestive enzymes -  Papaya enzymesnever did much for me either, but I recently started taking Future Formulations Digestion Formula with every meal and it is helping a lot. You could talk to someone knowledgeable at a health food store to find something that is more broad spectrum than papaya enzymes.

- zantac, zantac, and more zantac (though of course you *should* try other more natural approaches first, but I'll be honest - nothing compares to zantac for me)

Hope this helps!

Happy mumma to my boys Henny Tom (Nov 30, 2008), Arlo Odie (Oct 5, 2010), and baby SISTER! due mid-Dec 2014.

User Tag List